Newspaper Bhrytos Gazette: Issue One

DeletedUser31385

28we2jb.png
First Issue Introductory​
Hello all! I am figtree2 and I am the writer for this paper. I wanted to introduce myself before we get into the information. I have been playing Grepolis since 2011. I have had some great experiences in the game. Thank you to the people who helped me have the best time of my life. I enjoy helping this community grow and prosper. I have seen many changes over the years. Such as the adding of Hades and also music in early 2013. I hope you all enjoy this first issue. I thank you for taking time to read my paper. I look forward to writing a second issue soon. The date for its release will come out at a later date.

World Growth & Stats
sdl755.png
Unlike some of the worlds, this world is pretty evenly distributed. Players who are circled have founded cities outside the rim in an effort to escape the action (This usually fails). The world is currently expected to grow out slowly, evenly from all directions.
As of now, the top 50 alliance have 11.55 million points. The expected time til world wonders is 19 months.
Currently on week 3 of the world. At this point the world starts shrinking in player count as people are conquered.

Conquests this week- 549
Players- 20280
Alliances- 618
Cities- 15936

Look for the number of alliances and players to drop rapidly soon. Only around 10000 of the 20000 have 500+ points.

small.png
Based on the current conquest map, most of the conquering is taking place in the center of the world. The expansion oceans are not developed enough to have rapid conquering yet. Look for this to change in a week or two as the cities get larger.

Top 10 Alliances (Sink/Swim & Stats)
Redneck Avengers~ Swim
Reasons for swim is they have almost twice as much BP as Repossession Agents have. They have won a lot of battles and conquered over 200 cities.

Points- 1.32M
Battle Points- 440K

Repossession Agents~ Swim
Reasons for swim is they won world Pandosia and they are pretty good fighters on the battlefield (Second place BP).
They have conquered 100-150 cities as of this point.

Points- 1.01M
Battle Points- 241K

Impervious B*stards~ Swim
Has a good ABP and Total BP amount. Conquered around 100 cities. Not too far behind Repo.

Points- 821K
Battle Points- 210K

Roman Republic~ DOUBLE SINK!!! #MRA
Is being hit hard by Repo and other alliances in the area. Roman Republic is more spread out than most other top 10 alliances. MRA, has an academy named Roman Empire.

Points- 559K
Battle Points- 189K

Dynamic Float
Has winners from Lapithos. BP ranking is somewhat low for a #5 alliance. Right now it does not look like they will get anywhere.

Points- 547K
Battle Points- 104K

Whatever You Like It Float
Has more DBP than ABP. They are also in the big combat zone. They might be able to hold off for a while.

Points- 462K
Battle Points- 105K

Four Horsemen Float
Holds onto inactive/dead players. Pretty average on BP for its size.

Points- 452K
Battle Points- 77K

Toxic Sink
Is outnumbered in a war with IB (surrounded by other alliances on top of that).

Points- 412K
Battle Points- 103K

A Foolish Consistency Swim
Is a good alliance for its size. It is ranked #5 for total BP. It will most likely swim for now. It is a major competition to RA.

Points- 398K
Battle Points- 141K

Band of Brothers Swim
Has a good bit of experienced players in it. The alliance is chilling somewhat. Has normal BP for its size.

Points- 380K
Battle Points- 77K

Tavern Rumors
The least active alliance is ROMAN EMPIRE with 68% active players in the last 24 hours.

The most popular player last week was timmyc1029 with 5 hits.

Freedom Fighter has conquered 6 cities from True Fear and lost 0.

RedNeck Avengers has conquered 7 cities from Dark Fire and lost 0.

Dynamic has conquered 5 cities from ROMAN REPUBLIC and lost 0.

The most active alliance is RedNeck Avengers with 96% active players in the last 24 hours.

Interviews (More will be added later today)
I asked these questions:

1. Do you expect your alliance to win this world?

2. Are there any alliances you are fighting with?

3. Are there any alliances you feel would pose a threat to you?

4. What are your thoughts on the recent changes to the game?

The server is very young and very competitive. Most of these alliances won't be here in 2 months but we have a group that I think can compete.
I've played for quite a few years and change is part of grepolis. No use --- about it. Adapt, Improvise, overcome.

Q1: I don't make long term expectations into the future. We are here to play for fun, and if the opportunity presents us, slaughter everything in our path.

Q2: We are an aggressive bunch that have been solidifying our core in our ocean and letting our enemies grow juicy cities for us to harvest later. We are resorting to some unconventional growth methods because O45 is a pretty barren ocean. We are enemies with most other alliances but I don't want to list them yet because of exciting plans on our part :)

Q3: Right now we're located in a very solid ocean with little possibility for a enemy to come in easily. We haven't lost a single city to date and we handle every single revolt incredibly seriously. I think we'll do just fine.

Q4: I hate the instabuild feature. It really ruins the early game and makes it really difficult for nongold users to compete.

1. No. At least no without merging
2. Not officialy
3. Not at the moment
4. Relatively good ones

1) With the amount of competition in the world it is difficult to answer such question, we must start crawling first, so priority is to dominate Ocean 54.

2)As I stated in question one, the main fight is in Ocean 54, all wars and battles are are with most of the alliances in 54.

3)All the top alliances in their respective ocean are trying to tidy up their ocean first, the first to do so will be the one to have the advantage in the next phase. And that sir, will be the one to fear.

4)After Paros I joined a few worlds here and there(Didn't manage to stick around long enough in either), then went and took a nice year long break...Came back to find Gold trading, and insta-buys a new god that I have little experience with and Trims seems to be faster than I remember. All in all my thoughts are, if you truly spite the idea of a Gold ran game then you are free to leave, but if you decide to stay and play then don't B!t.. about it, get your shizz together and outplay the game with the skills you bring to the table.

Fun Section
Lottery/Random Draw: Pick a number from 1-100 and message it to me. You will get a prize in-game for winning this.

Word Search:
30hsmkj.png

Mail the results for this to me also. I might do a word scramble or a crossword next time.

I hope to get issue two out soon. I will add more interviews in as I get them. I will get into wars in issue two. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

DeletedUser31385

I started the majority of this around 4 hours ago. Do you have suggestions for issue two?

DeletedUser46838

Yes, more maps. And don't just steal from the Aco4 automaps.

Go on grepointel and maybe do maps by ocean.

DeletedUser

Good first issue Fig

A lot more info and content than others.
Wasn't too mad about the crossword personally as wont be sending mails or printing out and then scanning, but others may like that feature.
Maybe something like a close up of a well known person, and we have to answer who it is, then in a spoiler underneath have the full picture and name.
Hopefully some others from alliances do an 'Alliance Gazette', which would give you more content and a contact person in an alliance to speak with, a press officer.

Keep it coming...

DeletedUser31385

Next issue will most likely be next week due to me being away all weekend.