Blast from The Past

DeletedUser

First of all it is not a thread about insomniac. Based on people's demand i am doing research to find out what happened to old alliance and how does these new alliances formed. With time, i will try to build complete genealogy tree for well known alliances. I am posting top 12 rank alliances list on a given date and along with whatever information I (with the help of you guys) unearthed.

Date: 02/21/2010

Rank 1: Royal Tiger
First true MRA in this server. During their prime they had over 600 members, no idea what happened to them.

Rank 2: Achaemenid Empire
No idea where this empire is or was located and what happened to them.

Rank 3: Demon Law Breakers
Another one of initial MRA. As far as i know about them, they changed to Achean League and then few of them formed Orion Elite and rest disbanded. Orion Elite later, on merged into Nightmare of Elysium along with The Vigilante Pirates to form Fusion.

Rank 4: Condemned
Few weeks after this ranking, they disbanded, and then most of them formed illuminati.

Rank 5: Hades Warriors
Not that good warrior because i never heard of them again

Rank 6: The Spartan Alliance
Yet another spartan alliance, lost in oblivion after some time.

Rank 7: Sands of Time
Yet another MRA. Based on my research they went on to form Orion. Later on Orion and Akkadian Empire merged to form Sentinels of Valhalla

Rank 8: Realm of Darkness
They lost in darkness after few days. If someone know anything about them, please let me know.

Rank 9: Followers of Ares
Seems people stopped following Ares after some time. If there is still any follower left, any information about their whereabout will be highly appreciated.

Rank 10: Serpentine Medea
Never heard of them, were they good. Just kidding, one of few elite alliance since early days of this server. They lost many good player due to inactivity and morale system, but stayed on top due to selective recruiting and merger. Force Recon merged into them and then few members of Hephaestuses Rage also merged. They recently merged in Grepohugs.

Rank 11: Death Knights
Must have died very early, because no one heard of them since February.

Rank 12: GrepoHugs
Bottom feeder of top 12 alliance list, went on to become force. Similar to Serpentine Medea they survived inactivity and Morale system by smart recruitment form Najgul/Revenge of Najgul/Killer Bunnies. (I am sure they recruit from other alliance also, so any other information will be much appreciated). They further get boost of life by merger of Serpentine Medea into them.

I will try to post rankings every few days with further information about what happened to those alliance. Any information about them is much appreciated. Thanks Chriss for help. Let the discussion begins…...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2663

Death Knights. i have some info on them. they disbanded very early after being threatened and having a few of their members attacked by another top 12 alliance ( maybe condemmed?). Their members then went and joined various alliances in O65 ( the better ones got invited into NmE ) and if they are still around can be found in Fusion or DejaVu ( but i dont think there are many left from there )

DeletedUser

Nice work there yog, you earn +1 rep from me...

If you want to know my root, i'll gladly tell my story here as well...n_n'

DeletedUser

Very nice thread. It reminds me the good old times, when we formed an alliance with the Serpentine Medea in order to achieve our one and only purpose; the annihilation of all the MRA.

By the way, I suggest you (if you want of course) to get an interview from Eclipse (the founder of the GrepoHugs) who led us to all of our success. I'm sure that he'd like to reminisce our past. You'll get much more info than you think ^^.

P.S. If I remember right (7 whole months have passed since then), Mitra (the founder of the AE - Rank 2) disbanded her ally because we exterminated her :D. I still remember a great screenshot (a spy to her town) which shown that she had only 17 archers, or something like that :p.

~dannte

DeletedUser

Death Knights. i have some info on them. they disbanded very early after being threatened and having a few of their members attacked by another top 12 alliance ( maybe condemmed?). Their members then went and joined various alliances in O65 ( the better ones got invited into NmE ) and if they are still around can be found in Fusion or DejaVu ( but i dont think there are many left from there )

Yes, SK disbanded after recieving many attacks from Condemned after bp ended.

Royal Tiger went through many leadership changes. On one they changed their name to something having to do with a phoenix. (Can't remember the name). They were going to be dropping members to stop the MRA title. They were never heard from since.

DeletedUser

Royal tiger turned into The rise of the phoenix. Their leader Emperor Bob left them and joined grepohugs.

Achamediad Empire was disbanded by Ryanward08 as Mitra was a bad leader

Followers of Ares were top in 044 for a while. If you want information I reccomend you talk to thearcher, the only remaining one I know of

Demon law breakers changed to achean league then too Orion and Orions Elite. Orion merged into SoV while OE merged into NmE to create Fusion

EDIT

6 AE members joined Flmaing Phoenix, dakkar's old old alliance. Pointless info but that came too my mind

DeletedUser

"Rank 8: Realm of Darkness
They lost in darkness after few days. If someone know anything about them, please let me know."

That was also 1 of our (condemned) favorite targets i believe

DeletedUser

Stag Nation was another notable alliance at that time. I remember they were on the same level as SM and GH, back in february. (few members + high average pts)
a large chunk of their members went on to join SM in April.

Some of those are still around and in nameless, of course

DeletedUser

Stag Nation was another notable alliance at that time. I remember they were on the same level as SM and GH, back in february. (few members + high average pts)
a large chunk of their members went on to join SM in April.

Some of those are still around and in nameless, of course

Their two best members were mmmniac and h3ck4u. mmmniac was in SM but instead of joining GH he went back to SN. h3ck4u is alliance-less while McWarnock, the former SN leader went inactive. Back when I used tyroncs for gamma SN was the best alliance I have ever been in. The forums were great and the leadership was probably the best I've seen

DeletedUser

Their two best members were mmmniac and h3ck4u. mmmniac was in SM but instead of joining GH he went back to SN. h3ck4u is alliance-less while McWarnock, the former SN leader went inactive. Back when I used tyroncs for gamma SN was the best alliance I have ever been in. The forums were great and the leadership was probably the best I've seen

You've never been in GrepoHugs, that's the reason :D

DeletedUser

Based on people's demand i am doing research to find out what happened to old alliance and how does these new alliances formed.

Let the discussion begins…...

Great post yog +1 from me

Nice work there yog, you earn +1 rep from me...

If you want to know my root, i'll gladly tell my story here as well...n_n'

Yes I would.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the rep. I am trying to find more about alliances using grepostats and with help of few friends. In few days i will post the next set of ranking (march 2010) with information about alliances in that ranking. You are most welcome to add any information about your alliance's past or even about yourself.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the rep. I am trying to find more about alliances using grepostats and with help of few friends. In few days i will post the next set of ranking (march 2010) with information about alliances in that ranking. You are most welcome to add any information about your alliance's past or even about yourself.

Or maybe you make another thread like this for players history so we'll not hi -jack a very nice thread...
Since you started this kind of thread, all rep should be given to you...

Again, my congratulation to a job well done yog...

DeletedUser

I was thinking about it, but problem is i can get Top 12 alliance list at given date from thread "Top 12 alliance discussion", but there is now way to find list of top 12 players at any earlier date. If anyone know how to find that list, i will be happy to start that thread or do some research for that thread.

DeletedUser2140

Sands of Time merged into Orion and the best players went into Orions Elite.

DeletedUser

You've never been in GrepoHugs, that's the reason :D

Is somebody going to invite me then :)

Back on topic 5 of the top 12 alliances on htis list are then still in the top 12. Sands of time (Fusion), GH (GH), SM (GH), Condemned (Illumanati), demon law breakers (fusion)

DeletedUser

March was time for true MRAs. They are not yet another run of the mill MRA. They were MRA with staying power and with Motto "Providing easy BP since March 2010".

Date: 03/30/2010

Rank 1: SWAT
Last month rank: Not ranked.
It seems like they just came out of nowhere. Could not find any information about how they formed or they have any ancestry from the previous lists of alliances. Since they are still here (although i do not know whether any of the original founders are still here or not), founder of this alliance should come forward and take blame for it.

Rank 2: Serpentine Medea
Last month rank: Rank 10.
Could not able to find any extra information about them since last post, so if you want to know about them, read first post.

Rank 3: The Illuminati
Last month rank: Rank 4.
Illuminati formed after disbanding of Condemnd by its founder KarmaKaze. They followed it by partial merger of Piraeus and Cynocephaly into Illuminati.

Rank 4: Royal Tiger
Last month rank: Rank 1.
After multiple leadership changes they changed into a small MRA Rise of the Phoneix. Grepolis is calling its founder Emperor Bob to come forward and explain what he was thinking when he formed this alliance.

Rank 5: 420s
See SWAT section.

Rank 6: GrepoHugs
Last month rank: Rank 12.
Could not able to find any extra information about them since last post, so if you want to know about them, read first post.

Rank 7: Semper Fidelis
See 420s section.

Rank 8: The Kings Blade
Kings blade was not sharp enough to survive time and lost in gamma world. If anyone can find where they are please report here.

Rank 9: Achaean League
Last month rank: Rank 3.
Demon Law Breakers disbanded and formed Achaean League. In time Achaean League also disbanded and better player from them formed Orion elite. Later on Orion Elite merged to Nightmare of Elysium along with The Vigilante Pirates to form Fusion. Remaining player of Achaean League merged with Sands of Time to form Orion. Orion and Akkadian Empire then merged to form Sentinels of Valhalla

Rank 10: Force Recon
Not much information about this except Dakkar was in this alliance and they went on to merged with Serpentine Medea

Rank 11: Nazgul
Due to some internal conflict with founder, founder disbanded najgul. Remaining player went ahead and formed Revenge of Najgul. Revenge of najgul went down in ranking due to inactivity and they changed there name to killer bunnies and recruited good players from Adrastos and Semper Fi

Rank 12: Hephaestuses Rage
Hephaestuses Rage merged to SM

---------
Alliances lost in translation
1. Achaemenid Empire: Got disbanded by Ryanword08, because of bad leadership of Mitra. You get get more information by reading mitra's squabble on Top 12 alliance discussion forum.
2. Death Knights: Disbanded early on, few good ones get in Nightmare of Elysium and rest scattered in other alliance. Some might end up Fusion or Deja Vu or Pantheon.
People should come forward please to take blame of these failure please.
3. Hades Warriors:
4. The Spartan Alliance:
5. Realm of Darkness:
6. Followers of Ares:

----------------------
Thanks everyone for rep and information about these alliances.