Passed Blockade feature

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Summary
This addition to the game will allow for users to Blockade enemy cities. True to history and war, many cities were conquered by siege. Adding this feature to the game will allow navies to have more of an impact on the game, as they did in ancient Greek warfare.

How it would work
-City under Blockade cannot trade with cities that are not located on the same island; trade can still occur overland but not over water
-City under Blockade has increased build time at the Harbor 60% increase (number up for debate, but should be significant)
-City under Blockade cannot be supported by cities not located on the same island;support can come over land but not over water
-City under Blockade has reduction in resource production perhaps 10% due to decrease in morale of the defenders (number again is up for debate)
-Blockade may be attacked by any naval vessel, only the catapult can attack navy from land
-Blockade may be attacked by a 3rd party, such as the allies of the city under siege. Once the blockade is defeated, the city is no longer under blockade

-The city which is Blockading has an upkeep cost which is assessed every so often 12 hours, 24 hours (again up for discussion)
-Each ship costs certain amount; transports being lowest and triremes the most, roughly 60%silver(payments) 10%stone(ammo for ships) 30%wood(repairs)
-In order to establish blockade, all naval forces currently stationed in harbor must be defeated
-Blockade may be recalled to home at any point in time
-If there are not enough resources for the attacking city to sustain blockade, the navy is retured home
-5 ships minimum to initiate a blockade
-Hydra's do not cost upkeep when being used for blockade
-Land units which can attack blockade are Catapults, archers, Cyclopes, Pegasus, and Centaur

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think that is a really good Idea but you should be able to defeat the blockade with your own troops and not have to rely on others.

DeletedUser

i like that idea, Cut off imports and exports of the market by sea also, and Land blockaids too, Cities under siege, That is what happened to Athens in the Spartan war if I remember correctly, Sparta cut off Athens supplies and basically starved the city to defeat

DeletedUser

Technically the city should be able to defeat a blockade itself.

DeletedUser

okay, well i semi support the defeating the blockade from inside the city that is being laid siege to, however, realistically, if a city was under naval blockade in ancient Greece, there is not really anyway they could have overcome it. you cant build a fleet when you dont have a harbor or materials being imported

DeletedUser

okay, well i semi support the defeating the blockade from inside the city that is being laid siege to, however, realistically, if a city was under naval blockade in ancient Greece, there is not really anyway they could have overcome it. you cant build a fleet when you dont have a harbor or materials being imported

But you can build things, such as catapults. and use tools to sink the ships.

DeletedUser

good point hefty. well when it comes down to it, there needs to be a greater emphasis on naval warfare then there is currently

DeletedUser

I believe that there should be more of an emphasis and more abilities placed in the Naval aspect of this game. Considering that everyone is on an island, and that it was such a key part of warfare in ancient Greece, I believe that naval warfare should be changed.

Some possible ideas:
-The ability to blockade an individuals port, could mean severe reduction in resources able to be received from other cities, reduction in morale of said city.....
-Blockade would exist until canceled by the user who sent them, or until defeated by a 3rd party

What are everyone elses thoughts?

I think is nice ideia the part "blockade and individuals port"

in broke the blockade you can broke whit catapults.

but yes is interesting

DeletedUser

I'm not really sure about this idea. It's not developed very much, so I can't really give an opinion on it.

DeletedUser

you cant build a fleet when you dont have a harbor or materials being imported
Swim on out with a chisel and get at it :D

I like the idea it makes a lot of sense. Blockading ports would add a great tactical part to the game as well.

DeletedUser

More importantly an expedition function for naval. In reality, seas has a lot of treasures to be found, this should be also applied in the game. What do you think? Might be you found a 100 Gold through expedition :D

DeletedUser

if a port is blockaded, it could only be defeated by sea of course. First party and third party ships could do it. trade by sea to that city would be cut off until the blockade is defeated. If the player has cities on the same island, trade could still be made via land.

Sounds like a good idea to me, brings the sea really into play.

DeletedUser

I think:

- should be able to use the harbor (of the blockaded city) to construct ships
- ships from that harbor can attack bloackade
- sea trade cut off
- sea voyages from there cut off
- (maybe) decreased production & construction rates of blockaded city (morale)
- land trade possible
- maybe an upkeep cost for the blockader to retain blockade (to limit number of blockades)
- catapults cannot attach blockader's blockade

DeletedUser

It's definately an interesting concept. It seems like you've got a hell of a lot of work to do to get the details of this idea though, because it's a big idea.

DeletedUser345

i dont know how many of you have played 'rome total war' but it could be something like that

DeletedUser

I have been reviewing the idea and have been brainstorming with a friend, we have come up with a rough plan and I will post it soon

DeletedUser

To be honest i read it after I posted. (<-- Spam) =)

Awaithing the idea from lycanmaster (<-- not Spam)

Status
Not open for further replies.