Passed Blockade feature

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I would vote yes if both Hefty's comments are included cause those mirror my initial thoughts too.

DeletedUser

This is my new naval proposition

Summary
This addition to the game will allow for users to Blockade enemy cities. True to history and war, many cities were conquered by siege. Adding this feature to the game will allow navies to have more of an impact on the game, as they did in ancient Greek warfare.

How it would work
-City under Blockade cannot trade with cities that are not located on the same island; trade can still occur overland but not over water
-City under Blockade has increased build time at the Harbor 60% increase (number up for debate, but should be significant)
-City under Blockade cannot be supported by cities not located on the same island;support can come over land but not over water
-City under Blockade has reduction in resource production perhaps 10% due to decrease in morale of the defenders (number again is up for debate)
-Blockade may be attacked by any naval vessel, only the catapult can attack navy from land
-Blockade may be attacked by a 3rd party, such as the allies of the city under siege. Once the blockade is defeated, the city is no longer under blockade

-The city which is Blockading has an upkeep cost which is assessed every so often 12 hours, 24 hours (again up for discussion)
-Each ship costs certain amount; transports being lowest and triremes the most, roughly 60%silver(payments) 10%stone(ammo for ships) 30%wood(repairs)
-In order to establish blockade, all naval forces currently stationed in harbor must be defeated
-Blockade may be recalled to home at any point in time
-If there are not enough resources for the attacking city to sustain blockade, the navy is retured home
-5 ships minimum to initiate a blockade

What does everyone think, I am open to suggestions.

I also was considering that we might add a siege featuer as well, the same principles as this, but regarding land instead of sea

DeletedUser

I think it is coming together and is a great inclusion idea inno ought to fully develope & implement it into Greoplis.

Only one thing to add here, lets say that a Blockade is made after a war or several battles in which the Cities ships have been lost but where the city has acquired the temple, and, has the ability to get mythical creature's. those that can fly and the Hydra must be added to this idea.

DeletedUser

I think it´s a good idea... I think the numbers should be veryfied by the Admins, but the idea is really good...

DeletedUser

I think it´s a good idea... I think the numbers should be veryfied by the Admins, but the idea is really good...

DeletedUser

amendments:
-Hydra's do not cost upkeep when being used for blockade
-Land units which can attack blockade are Catapults, archers, Cyclopes, Pegasus, and Centaur

DeletedUser

then we would need a new stat. Blockade strength and blockade defense, and how is it going to work, does the catapult fire constantly lowering the amount of ships slowly, or does the blockade return fire? or do they have to be send out to attack?

DeletedUser

So I have decided to post a fresh thread for my idea for improving the naval aspect of the game. Here she is:

Summary
This addition to the game will allow for users to Blockade enemy cities. True to history and war, many cities were conquered by siege. Adding this feature to the game will allow navies to have more of an impact on the game, as they did in ancient Greek warfare.

How it would work
-City under Blockade cannot trade with cities that are not located on the same island; trade can still occur overland but not over water
-City under Blockade has increased build time at the Harbor 60% increase (number up for debate, but should be significant)
-City under Blockade cannot be supported by cities not located on the same island;support can come over land but not over water
-City under Blockade has reduction in resource production perhaps 10% due to decrease in morale of the defenders (number again is up for debate)
-Blockade may be attacked by any naval vessel, only the catapult can attack navy from land
-Blockade may be attacked by a 3rd party, such as the allies of the city under siege. Once the blockade is defeated, the city is no longer under blockade

-The city which is Blockading has an upkeep cost which is assessed every so often 12 hours, 24 hours (again up for discussion)
-Each ship costs certain amount; transports being lowest and triremes the most, roughly 60%silver(payments) 10%stone(ammo for ships) 30%wood(repairs)
-In order to establish blockade, all naval forces currently stationed in harbor must be defeated
-Blockade may be recalled to home at any point in time
-If there are not enough resources for the attacking city to sustain blockade, the navy is retured home
-5 ships minimum to initiate a blockade
-Hydra's do not cost upkeep when being used for blockade
-Land units which can attack blockade are Catapults, archers, Cyclopes, Pegasus, and Centaur

DeletedUser

First we have to assume there will be a battle in the harbor before the blockade begins right?

What about returning ships? Can the player with ships outside the harbor stage them somewhere if in waves, then strengthen the attack on the blockade?

DeletedUser

If they did this they'd also have to allow you to seige a city by land.

DeletedUser

i really support this idea, but nothing should be able to shoot once anoter without attacking the blockade!

DeletedUser

First we have to assume there will be a battle in the harbor before the blockade begins right?

What about returning ships? Can the player with ships outside the harbor stage them somewhere if in waves, then strengthen the attack on the blockade?

Thats why i said that the ships making the blockade must defeat the ships already stationed in the harbor, it says it in my original post

DeletedUser

Thats why i said that the ships making the blockade must defeat the ships already stationed in the harbor, it says it in my original post

Excellent idea, and well worked out.

However, what he meant is I think, that if the 'victim' of the blockade still has several different attacks/supports with ships returning, would they be attacking the blockade once they're back, or can the victim choose to gather them somewhere else, and let them all attack at once?

DeletedUser

i like this idea but shouldnt there be more ships needed and make it harder to put up a blockade

efectively you are ruining this players game time for the moment so even if the upkeep is the same i think you need more ships in your blockade and more resources to set it up if only less to keep it up

and i disagree with having archers and people being able to attack a blockade because the blockade cannot really attack back - i think the only unit that can attack the blockade (from land) should be pegasus and catapult

there i said it

but nice idea

DeletedUser

I believe in many blockades, there can be ships in the harbor, they are left in the harbor to keep from losing them in the siege.
but the city owner can still use their navy in 2 ways;
1) attacking the besieging player, in an attempt to break the blockade, in this situation, the sieging player becomes the defender and sieged player the attacker
2) run the blockade to go for supplies, but this is a move that would allow them to be attacked on the way out, and on the way back.

also, you stated;

so the first statement is modified to the second? I don't feel archers should have the ability to attack navy units... 1/2 mile out to sea is an awfully long way to shoot an arrow...

Just my thoughts, but other than that I think good idea.

DeletedUser

I have merged this with your previous thread. Changes to your idea should be done by editing the first post in the thread.

DeletedUser

2) run the blockade to go for supplies, but this is a move that would allow them to be attacked on the way out, and on the way back.

That should also be modified by the researches for rams and Breakthrough :p

DeletedUser

What an excellent idea. Speaking as an absolute noobie to this game, I can't even dream, about getting a navy, for the foreseeable future but, speaking as an old sea-dog, with a fondness for reading about Naval Warfare, this was the way that Great Britain defeated the Spanish and French Navies and began to rule the waves.

What I don't agree with, is the idea that you need a minimum number of ships to blockade a city. If someone was foolishly to blockade my city with say three ships, and I had five ships in harbour, I go out and smash his blockade, simple.

I also see the other side of the coin where, if I hadn't any ships, he could blockade me with one. Perhaps it should be impossible to blockade a city whose total number of ships doesn't reach a minimum number. This rule to be ignored if the city's navy numbers drop below the minimum during the siege.

There should also be a minimum cost for setting up and maintaining a blockade.
This could be done in blocks say,
1-5 ships costs X
6-10 ships costs X+
11-15 ships costs X++
etc.

As I say, I've never seen a vessel in this game and know nothing of the way that they are used at present but, this is a great concept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.