Bloopers and Blunders!

DeletedUser

I always enjoy these threads. We are all blithering idiots some of the time.

First, a simple rule. These are your faults.

However, responding with a finger-waggle, flame or face-palm to someone's self-professed stupidity is perfectly acceptable and highly encouraged.

I shall begin with my own. It happened in the first few minutes of joining the world.

---------------

Okay, I haven't played in, oh, going on 2 years. 'Bang!' I enter the world, rather confounded and bemused because of all the changes and wow.. a tutorial??? Cool! Oh sweet! A bit of gold too?? Nice!

I have never played with gold before... and in interest, press the -Get Gold- button...
Ah, indeed, the price of a six-pack of beer... *slurps a beer* What the heck! Let's do it!

Meanwhile, my city is growing nicely.

Well well, let's try out this gold thing on a building that takes a while to construct.
Mmm-hmm. Senate. Oh, look at this! Halved building time! That will come in handy!

Get my barracks up, and start making ONE swordsman, and notice the little gold button there...
Okay... it's only around 25 cents, but really, a five minute build, reduced to 2 1/2 minutes...
For a swordsman?

facepalm3.jpg

Attachments

• implied_facepalm.jpg
    implied_facepalm.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4

DeletedUser

As my grand-nephew said to me the other day... (yes, grand-nephew!)

"Sometimes my brain doesn't know what my hands are doing."

DeletedUser

Early in the world and I am suggesting to my new alliance some forum organizing ideas. Get an email from leader asking me to cool it on the ideas. Politely I got a bit on my high horse and explained why this worked when I led my last team to heights....

Don't know the guy, but he is a leader.

Blocked and booted. I would post the messages, but nothing disrespectful. Guess it pays to know our audience, and those who led large teams but want to play as a foot soldier now need to practice humility....

Second world a humbling thing after virtual greatness (forgot it took a year to get my position established before). Anyone need a mouthy foot soldier? For sale now on my forehead.

:p. it was a respected top 15 team too....ah well....

DeletedUser

Steve, it sounds like the less-experienced leader had too much ego tied up in his too-big-for-his-pants position.
That happens alot around here, moreso with Founders than anyone, I have found.