Votes: 61 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2795

Now, there have been many different threads that suggest fixes and other ways to improve the bolt (improve meaning make it less powerful) I have a different approach

Summary
Instead of fixing the bolt, I replace it
Current Workaround
Uhhh, spam the ideas thread with bolt fixes?
Details
I suggest that there be a new Zeus power, called storm. This power would cause the workers in troop (land and ship) production to take 100%, twice as long for 6 hours (three on Gamma/Epsilon) this would probably cost around 200 favor or more, and could only be used once a day on any given city. Also, if a player had Call of the Ocean, Population GRowth and Storm cast on them at the same time, they would have normal troop production.
Visual aids
templej.png

Abuse Prevention
First of all, it wold need to only be usable on a player's city every 24 hours to prevent something like the bolt. I did not make it slow down the building speed or troops production because that owuld make it way too powerful.
Summary
This power would replace the Zeus bolt and make fewer people quit because some noobs decided they wanted to annoy the big guys. It also means that the programming should not be too hard because this new power is effectively Population Growth and Call of the Ocean inverted, instead of halving the time we are doubling it
Administration
Yes, this overall idea appears many times, but not this specific one
Yes, this does follow the guidelines and rules

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

It can be less then 6 hours (it would be three on Gamma/Epsilon), anyways, it is only, at maxed out resource buildings, a total of 1644 per resource, and that is a lot less then 6 bolts, 1 bolt should do more damage then this new idea if you have any city large enough to have maxed out resource buildings. Also, I personally probably get only about a half of my resources from production, most of it comes from farming.

DeletedUser2795

I think that we need a bit more posts here, otherwise it would be silly to have a one page thread in development discussions :Smile:

DeletedUser

ha the posts from all the other bolt discussions should count :Smile:

DeletedUser2413

I'd rather some nub bolted me 6 times a day than lose my production by half for 6 hours.
You can't be serious can you!? I think it would cost FAR more in resources to replace the buildings, not to mention the build times!

DeletedUser2795

You can't be serious can you!? I think it would cost FAR more in resources to replace the buildings, not to mention the build times!

I already destroyed that argument, no need to rub it in

DeletedUser2795

Any more comments, should I suggest it for development discussions now? I think that it needs a bit more discussion first, but if everyone thinks that this is good.

DeletedUser

Your idea is fine if it is a replacement of the current Bolt. But I don't think this would add much to the tactics during wars.

-50% to resources for 6 hours would do jack all to a person with 10+ villages most of them would already be maxed, i.e. are just used only for producing troops, hitting their resource for 6 hours wouldn't do much to slow down troop production.

It would just be a pointless spell when the sever gets older.
-50% to Troop / Ship production would be a different matter. I don't understand why you think that it would be too overpowered.
A lot of ideas people are proposing only looks at the situation now, and does not look at the long term impact.

Nef

DeletedUser2795

Your idea is fine if it is a replacement of the current Bolt. But I don't think this would add much to the tactics during wars.

-50% to resources for 6 hours would do jack all to a person with 10+ villages most of them would already be maxed, i.e. are just used only for producing troops, hitting their resource for 6 hours wouldn't do much to slow down troop production.

It would just be a pointless spell when the sever gets older.
-50% to Troop / Ship production would be a different matter. I don't understand why you think that it would be too overpowered.
A lot of ideas people are proposing only looks at the situation now, and does not look at the long term impact.

Nef

I said that it was overpowered that way because I was thinking cutting everything that takes time, not just troops. Any objections to me changing the resource cut to troop/ship cut?

DeletedUser

I think it is a good idea, but i do see the point that once the server gets older it would be a useless spell.

DeletedUser2795

Well, I will change it to ship/unit times and it can now be countered with Hera and Poseidon.

DeletedUser

there was a better idea about changing how bolt completely works, it actually quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.