Votes: 61 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So is it feasable to conquer 3Ks away at tribalwars ? When I played (2006) TW I had attacks launched that took a week to arrive...

I'm already sending out attacks on grepolis that take 30-40h to reach, conquer is a 48h distance max. But hey it isn't solo play but teamplay else no need for an alliance.

And the multi accounting, that's innogames that need better staff tools/logs to catch them.

And I did post about this abuse of multi accounting already

http://forum.beta.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=298

Quoting above link

I'd agree with you there Mdshare, BUT innogames does not have the resources to catch them.
I do not have a problem with the spell itself in its current form (although I do feel it can be changed to add more tactical play into the mix), I have a problem with the way it is used in the way you can abuse this spell via multi accounts.

Under the current game rules, you can even create another account under the same connection, and bolt the same player from both accounts (wait 48 hours in between). Which is simply crying out "abuse me".

Next best alternative is to remove the reason for the abuse.

Nef

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I hate bolts, I voted yes to the idea to change them.

Been bolted myself a lot, and I truly mean a lot. Just got bolted twice in the last half hour as well. I'm sick of it, it really ruins the game. I can't do anything to this guy 140 hours by cs, and I've not intention of wasting my favor.

DeletedUser

I hate bolts, I voted yes to the idea to change them.

Been bolted myself a lot, and I truly mean a lot. Just got bolted twice in the last half hour as well. I'm sick of it, it really ruins the game. I can't do anything to this guy 140 hours by cs, and I've not intention of wasting my favor.

You can't get bolted twice in the last half an hour. You get bolted once every 4 hours.

DeletedUser

You can't get bolted twice in the last half an hour. You get bolted once every 4 hours.

ya you can. you have 12 towns in gamma. you can get bolted 12 times in 4 hours. one each town. 12 times in 2 hours if speed 2.

DeletedUser

Vork is the person (whom I keep referring to), who has been bolted 100s of times in 2 days (this was a few weeks back)....So much abuse of 'bolt' power :(

DeletedUser

it seems like most people want the bolt changed sense the vote is 46 to 16 in favor of changing it, the only question is will it get changed?

DeletedUser

I forgot another bolt tactic that is used now and would like to know how the defenders of bolt like mdshare would defend against it.

So some players you conquer are left with a small city in a colonization island or even in another island. city would be 1k-2k points. of course disheartened after losing his big city he ceases to play. logs in every 3 or so days bolts your city from his small one in the colonization island. Multiply the effect of this of course as you grow bigger and bigger and beat more people.

do you ask your alliance mates to keep constant city protections around your city?

do you conquer this 2000 point village out in the colonization island? remember each village you get costs a lot of cp. So if you keep doing this you are severly hurting yourself.

do you just suck it up and rebuild a lvl 40 farm every few days? remember you conquer a lot of villages so i might not only be one person doing it.

do you ask a teammate to sacrifice himself and take the village for you?

now remember that these people have effectively quit the game. no point growth, no troop growth no logging on xcept once every 3-4 days when they bolt you. They obviously pay no premium nor do they socially ineract with anybody ingame. In short they add nothing to the game except to demolish one of your buildings in a random village every few days, which i firmly believe you cannot defend against.

Being a wargame im always up for more player interaction thats why im against anyting that can destroy you while giving yo no chance to fight back.

DeletedUser

now there has been some talk from the pro-bolt players about how this problem is non-existent and that a player would only get bolted once or twice due to the timing rules etc. but id like to offer evidences to show that mass bolting still does happen ingame. now these screenshots were taken 4/16 at 12 pm until 4/19 midnight. If im counting correctly that is a period of 2 and a half days.

The player who has given me these reports is killred of serpentine medea in gamma server. He has 51975 points divided among 7 villages.

dxha9l.jpg

21j82oi.jpg

each report page contains 10 seperate reports of bolting. I could only copy 9 due to the limits of the ingame messaging system but if there is any doubts please tell me and we will transfer the files via skype or some other method. So 7 pages of 10 reports plus 2 for the last page is a total of 72 bolts for the given period. or a total of 10 bolts per day average between his cities. again your mileage may vary but at higher village levels i find it hard to build 10 buildings in 2 and a half days particualrly when some of those are level 40 farms.

Of course the next rebutall is about how his noob alliance should have had athenas city protection running on all 7 of his cities 24/7. Id just like to direct people at this point to grepostats to check the page of serpentine medea they are one of the better maybe best alliances in gamma server and if that counter was at all viable then they would have done it. Most of the makeup of that alliance also make up the top alliance in epsilon server. The fact of the matter is the target would have just been switched to another player and the athena players favor would have been wasted.

Now killred resides in ocean 54 of gamma while most of his boltrs reside in ocean 64/63 a full 1-2 oceans away from him. Funny how that always seems to be th case in these incidents. So direct attack and conquering is next to impossible and is in mos cases even forbidden by the game (48 hour conquest rule)

Of course killred could just be an isolated case as the pro-bolt people may claim so iam still endeavoring to find other people who have been mass bolted to post thier evidence that this problem exists in this thread.

DeletedUser

(*!@&# bolts!

This idea is awesome! It still provides a viable DP, but not as abusive as the bolt.

Two points bud!

DeletedUser2795

This idea is getting a lot of attention, 76 votes is a lot more then some

DeletedUser

Now, there have been many different threads that suggest fixes and other ways to improve the bolt (improve meaning make it less powerful) I have a different approach

Summary
Instead of fixing the bolt, I replace it
Current Workaround
Uhhh, spam the ideas thread with bolt fixes?
Details
I suggest that there be a new Zeus power, called storm. This power would cause the workers in troop (land and ship) production to take 100%, twice as long for 6 hours (three on Gamma/Epsilon) this would probably cost around 200 favor or more, and could only be used once a day on any given city. Also, if a player had Happiness and Storm cast on them at the same time, they would have normal troop production.

Correction: Population Growth

Happiness=increase resource production

DeletedUser2795

Oh, I swear that I changed that already, sorry
Edit: Should be fixed now

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It be alright :D

Get it approved ^^_

Although the voting would have to take place on a much larger scale, so EVERYONE's opinion would be involved

DeletedUser

this is a war game, not everything is always going to be easy or fair. thats life. Bolt is a good offensive weapon when used in coordination with your alliance against a single enemy. and thats what this game is all about, attacking in coordination with friends. I would have voted to keep the bolt as it is if I could have.

DeletedUser

I had one suggestion about this (again I haven't read all pages) but that was long before this topic came up about an alliance participation bolt which requires all members to cats within a small time window to charge the bolt before it is cast by someone of leader rank or higher. This could result in a backlash is the leader didn't pick a target in time, and could strike any random city. (this is more realistic to greek mythology than current bolt) However I am too late into this discussion, as I don't come to this forum very often.

DeletedUser909

The poll is now closed and so is this thread.

The developers run a tight schedule, but ideas that have merit are taken into consideration.

That said, I cannot see this as being one of them. I have read all of the pros and cons of this proposed idea and I cannot see anything here that would convince the developers to scrap their idea of a bolt for this one. 61 yea votes is not compelling enough for them to revisit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.