Votes: 61 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2795

I guess we were approaching this wrong the entire way. We needed ot go directly to the mods :p

DeletedUser

bolt and earthquake have been nerved with a previous update, I really don't see the point of getting rid of zeus bolt.

It's a nasty and annoying last resort weapon for players that have no troops for defense anymore, so if they get farmed they can still hit the aggressor and hurt him. Making it not worth to be farmed as the cost would be to high for the agressor.

Nor do I see the point for a replacement of it with unit/ship production as both are already available ingame.

This is a war/strategy game, not simcity. The difficulty level is ok I don't see why it should be made easier.

Also take into consideration that it would conflict with Hera Pop Growth and Poseidons Call of the Ocean. So with your replacement suggestion you would also eliminate those 2 god powers.

As much I hate being bolted I voted no on this idea.

edit: *sarcasm*

* Why not getting rid of zeus rage and poseidons sea storm also ??? they hurt also big time !!!
* Why not remove all troops and make them caravans, donkeys, trade ships and make it a trade game instead

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do I like being bolted on a daily basis by one certain player in the game? Nope.

Would I like for bolt to be removed because of that? Not a chance in the world!

Lets face it, bolt and earthquake were already nerffed once (which I disagree with), catapults are close to useless. What does that mean, well, that there is no effective way in this game to cripple a player's village. Crippling a village should be a tactic available to us. It better simulates the real destruction that would be seen if the gods were truly ticked off at someone.

I would far prefer for the bolt to be souped up to where it cost more to use, but would destroy either 5 buildings 1 level or a building 5 levels than see it removed.

DeletedUser

Exactly

Funny how none complains of catapults at tribalwars where all buildings can be targeted.

If bolting would get removed then cats should be able to target all buildings, and same scenario happens. Actually would be way easier to level a town with catapults than with bolts due to the cooldown of bolting.

Again, it's a war/strategy game, destruction of buildings should be possible.

DeletedUser

Exactly

Funny how none complains of catapults at tribalwars where all buildings can be targeted.

If bolting would get removed then cats should be able to target all buildings, and same scenario happens. Actually would be way easier to level a town with catapults than with bolts due to the cooldown of bolting.

Again, it's a war/strategy game, destruction of buildings should be possible.

I agree with you both. But you can protect yourself against catapults. You can simply destroy the army. You cannot do that in Grepolis. that's why i don't like bolt. I was bolted by a 20k player miles away. Seriously Annoyed me. Then again by tyroncs. (Ironically he destroyed my temple) from lvl 25 to 24. I think he needs to travel the distance with cats and destroy my army before he destroys my city

DeletedUser

I agree with you both. But you can protect yourself against catapults. You can simply destroy the army. You cannot do that in Grepolis. that's why i don't like bolt. I was bolted by a 20k player miles away. Seriously Annoyed me. Then again by tyroncs. (Ironically he destroyed my temple) from lvl 25 to 24. I think he needs to travel the distance with cats and destroy my army before he destroys my city

You can also protect yourself from the Bolt by enacting Athena's City Protection.

Why whine on and on about the Bolt, when Earthquake is potentially more damaging anyway?

DeletedUser

You can also protect yourself from the Bolt by enacting Athena's City Protection.

Why whine on and on about the Bolt, when Earthquake is potentially more damaging anyway?

yes but you don't get to see bolt incoming. You see an attack incoming. you can stack your city ect.

earthquake is useful. 1 million noobs casting earthquake won't happen as often. And building a wall is very fast compared to let's say the farm. It also uses a lot of rock and I always have too much. Earthquake is nothing unless your going to attack.

DeletedUser

It's only potentially more damaging if the person sends troops right behind it.

DeletedUser2795

How is that ruining the wall does not make you lose researches, favor or resource production, farm space, etc.

DeletedUser

do you really think athenas protection is adequate protection against bolt? All it does is prevent your one city from being targetted. The potential attacker still has his favor and would just wait till your shield is down. Your not going to keep 100% of your cities under city protection 24/7. If you get your alliance to do it what about thier cities who keeps it under city protection?

Now about catapults. Yes they should be able to destroy buildings but they dont and this sint thier topic. Now in tribal wars you could cat a village down but you are risking something with each and every attack. Oposing village could get stacked you could get backtimed etc as far as i know there is no button in tw which allows you to instantnously destroy opposing enemy buildings. Let alone on a mass scale like bolt. You have to work for it which is good.

Now on to bolt. As i said earlier competetion should be a part of this game. Any player should have a reasonable chance to prevent his/her demise. Now please tell me how you are goign to defend against 84 bolts per week/city (so if you have 2 cities thats 168 bolts per week on speed two server, speed one server is 42 bolts per week and 84 if yo have 2 cities) coming from 2 oceans away? Are you gonna send your transports on a 48 hour journey to them and back? congratulations youve achieved nothing since even if you do destroy thier army they still have the temple and can bolt you. and oh yeah in your 96 hour round trip youve also lost 48 building levels due to bolt. lol.

I mean can you even build 84 buildings per week? lol. at least earthquake costs 500 favor and only destroys one building so you can still fight back. bolt is a measly 200 favor and can destroy whole villages. Now you want bolt to do 5 levels of building damage per hit? so thats what 420 building levels lost? lol. Have you really considered the ramifications of this?

These aren random numbers im spewing. In a speed 2 world your only protected from bolt for 2 hours on a speed one world your protected from bolt
for 4 hours. 84 bolts is a real possibility all it takes is a big enough mra and a leader who knows how to press the mass mail button

DeletedUser

So lets play simcity then , happy *sarcasm*

I don't like bolting however it's part of the game and you can protect yourself from it. Just requires teamplay.

Next to that, if it would be cats, heck if you are asleep you don't see them coming also as there are no acc sitting rights.

And did you ever see a well oiled, coordinated mra ???

DeletedUser

How is that ruining the wall does not make you lose researches, favor or resource production, farm space, etc.

Ruining a wall costs resources.

Nothing about bolting will make you lose existing researches. Nothing about bolting will make you lose existing favor. Nothing about bolting will make you lose existing resources. Nothing about bolting will make you lose troops you already own. I frequently am sitting at a negative farm space. It is not a big deal in any fashion. I just ignore it and rebuild when I can. As to the others, well, they again simply cost resources to rebuild, just as the wall does. But in one strike, with out any sort of foreshadowing, three levels of the wall can be destroyed instead of merely one level of a building.

As to the statement that City Protection does not counter the Bolt effectively. Certainly it does. Again, people are whining about something that can only be cast 6 times a day on one village (or 12x a day in a double speed world). Now yes a player could have 10 or more villages and they would not be able BY THEMSELVES to keep City Protection up 24/7 in all villages. But that is what an alliance is for. A good alliance can easily keep City Protection on all the villages of a player for 24/7. City Protection costs less favor than the Bolt, so the defending alliance would have an easy job of doing this.

I've seen it stated in this thread that there are many people who create fake accounts just so they can bolt people with them. That may well be the case. However, isn't it equally possible that we will see a trend of people creating fake accounts just so they can protect people with them? Things do not just go one way.

Performing a second nerf on the bolt is not the solution to the multi-account situation that people are describing here.

DeletedUser

1. bolting is instantenous cats take time to travel there so at least you are given some chance to defend yourself.

2. one alliance to cast city protection on 100% of the cities of one player? ok. Now how about the rest of your alliance? whos going to city protect them? the bolters would just switch targets and destroy another city.

3. again i have not heard of a possible existing counter to people bolting your cities from 2 oceans away. I will repeat that the bolters can just switch targets and bolt another player of your alliance if you shield youselves 24/7.

4. if ruining a wall costs resources, ruingin a lvl 40 farm costs more resources not to mention time

DeletedUser2795

You are forgetting. There is a cooldown on city protection. It is IMPOSSIBLE to stay protected 24/7. When I said that you lose favor and resource PRODUCTION that is a reality. What about the academy? if you lose a couple of levels on that you have rebuild the academy and pay a huge number of resources for the researches. uona said the rest

DeletedUser

1. bolting is instantenous cats take time to travel there so at least you are given some chance to defend yourself.

No question about it bolting is instantaneous. However, so is City Protection. So worst case, a player loses 1 level of building in all of their villages. If you are really that worried about the bolt, keep city protection running 24/7 in the critical city. Destroying 1 level of a building does absolutely nothing to hurt a good player in any fashion.

2. one alliance to cast city protection on 100% of the cities of one player? ok. Now how about the rest of your alliance? whos going to city protect them? the bolters would just switch targets and destroy another city.

Agreed, there is nothing to stop anyone from bolting any one. I still do not see this as any sort of an issue. Remember those who are casting city protection will recover their favor almost twice as fast as those who are casting the bolt. So again, what is the big deal here?

3. again i have not heard of a possible existing counter to people bolting your cities from 2 oceans away. I will repeat that the bolters can just switch targets and bolt another player of your alliance if you shield youselves 24/7.

Agreed there is nothing to counter this except to bolt back. But why on earth should there be? We have no ocean restrictions on god pooping chariots and other troops 2 oceans away, or casting pop growth, or casting happiness, or casting call of the ocean, or casting wedding, or casting kingly gift.

4. if ruining a wall costs resources, ruingin a lvl 40 farm costs more resources not to mention time

Try again. Rebuilding a farm from level 39 to level 40 costs less in both resources and time than rebuilding a wall from level 22 to level 25. This does not even take into account how the player is also made more vulnerable by the weaker wall during the rebuild time.

I am a person who gets repeatedly bolted. I do speak from experience and it is nothing but an annoyance. Do I wish players wouldn't bolt me, sure. Would I vote to remove their ability to bolt me? Not a chance. Do I mind that there is no warning that I'm about to be bolted? LOL ...yeah right, I want a 360 hour warning of everything coming my way. Get real everyone. This is meant to be a war game. Sorry to say, in war games people get ganged up on, people find villages destroyed instead of conquered, and some people whine about how unfair it is.

DeletedUser

You are forgetting. There is a cooldown on city protection. It is IMPOSSIBLE to stay protected 24/7. When I said that you lose favor and resource PRODUCTION that is a reality. What about the academy? if you lose a couple of levels on that you have rebuild the academy and pay a huge number of resources for the researches. uona said the rest

To my knowledge there is no cooldown on city protection. At least if there is, it is not effective on Alpha world. Because I've stayed that way for three or four days in a row at times.

When your academy is bolted, you do NOT lose any of the researches you have already done.

DeletedUser2795

I would be fine if there was a distance limit on all the other divine powers, also, I would not mind quite as much if the bolt, in some way, went up against my own forces. I am also going to ask, id there anything WRONG with the new divine power I made? If it were in place, would you mind it, then IT would be part of the game and more people would be happy with the divine powers, which is what InnoGames wants, right? happy customers.

DeletedUser

Other then that you failed to respond to me, I would be fine if there was a distance limit on all the other divine powers, also, I would not mind quite as much if the bolt, in some way, went up against my own forces. I am also going to ask, id there anything WRONG with the new divine power I made? If it were in place, would you mind it, then IT would be part of the game and more people would be happy with the divine powers, which is what InnoGames wants, right? happy customers.

If you read the post above, you will find I responded to your comment on city protection.

Now on to what is wrong with your proposal. I want to keep bolt. It is as simple as that. The choice we are voting on is to keep bolt as it is, or to ditch bolt and replace it with another spell. I believe that bolt is preferrable to simply handicapping someone that they can also counter directly with other spells. In other words, you are proposing removing a spell which has some use as an offensive tool in a game that is already way too biased for the defense and replacing it with a spell which is easily countered rendering it completely useless after casting. Gee, doesn't take much to see why I voted against it now does it.

If your proposal would have been to add another spell and keep bolt, then I'd see nothing wrong with being able to cripple a city's workforce. But if Zeus is going to get another spell, then I want another spell for all of the other gods to even things out. That was not what was proposed though.

Again, the proposal was to eliminate a marginally effective offense spell and replace it with a spell that can be completely nullified by the use of existing spells........

DeletedUser2795

So far, I have not seen the bolt used offensively, only by a defensive player who can not muster the forces to attack properly. I deleted the part about you not responding because you posted while I was typing. So what if you can counter the new spell with existing ones? that makes far more sense to me that you should be able to counter it then not. If you are saying that the bolt can not be countered then that destroys many of your arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.