Votes: 61 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So far, I have not seen the bolt used offensively, only by a defensive player who can not muster the forces to attack properly. I deleted the part about you not responding because you posted while I was typing. So what if you can counter the new spell with existing ones? that makes far more sense to me that you should be able to counter it then not. If you are saying that the bolt can not be countered then that destroys many of your arguments

I'm getting tired of repeating myself. So for the last time.

This vote is about two options. One is to keep the bolt. The other is to remove the bolt and replace it with a spell that can be completely nullified. That is our choice. My choice is to keep a spell that can do something instead of replacing it with one which can not.

My arguement was never that the bolt can be completely countered. My arguement all along has been that people are way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way, did I say way yet, overestimating the power of the bolt. It can destroy 1 level of 1 building. Nothing else can be destroyed if a player is around to cast city protection. There are however remedies to the repeated bolting which was what was being used to push this idea along.

Still though a bolt gets in one shot before it can be countered. The proposed crippling spell gets no shots becase it can immediately be countered making it completely useless.

To repeat again, this vote is on whether to keep the bolt, a mildly offensive spell (yes, I have had it destroy levels of my wall and had foolish people follow that up with an attack), and replace it with a spell that can be completely countered and thus totally ineffective.

DeletedUser

I think the bolt needs to be changed or completely removed for another spell. It is ridiculous that you can bolt some one that is 5 to 6 days away from you and all they can do is bolt you back which solves nothing and wastes your favor points.

DeletedUser2795

My idea can not always be countered. You (a) need to be around for it, (b) have two players/gods available, and (c) this counter costs more then city protection, and (d) city protection itself has a harder time countering this.

DeletedUser

I think Daxedo wants the new spell proposed in this thread to be non-counter-able for the duration that it is suppose to last. Otherwise it would make the spell a bit pointless later on in game where most if not all players would have access to more than 1 god. I.e. the effect of "storm" will always be nullified.

It is a good start, at least it might be considered for redevelopment, and I doubt the devs would go with the idea to the letter. It simply puts a rough idea in front of them for them to think about.

Therefore I still voted yes.

Nef

DeletedUser

I guess you are all blind and look at it from a selfish viewpoint. Not as total in game.

1. This game isn't made for solo players
2. Bolting has a cooldown and can be countered
3. The proposed replacement would nulify 2 other spells, so a pointless idea
4. At war games you should be able to destruct buildings/level a town and bolting is actually slow motion leveling

If you are so scared of having a building 1 level destroyed , go play simcity

DeletedUser

that is not the point, if some one bolts you from a hundred million miles away you can not do anything back and it is annoying

DeletedUser

which solves nothing all that does is waste favor that could be spent in better ways

DeletedUser

sending 20 LS vs a 1000 biremes defense is also a waste , you actually aid the defender there as attacker...

bolting back is a reaction and hurts as much as the one you received, they tend to stop after receiving a bolt or earthquake back.

Earthquake hurts way more than bolting.

And wasting favor, if you keep fav at 500 then you waste a ton of fav. Else I don't see it as a waste, fav has to be used.

DeletedUser

if you bolt them back they can still bolt you, I would rather it be someone close to me so i can attack them

DeletedUser2795

SO bolting and earthquaking is the ONLY way to use favor. SO people MUST worship Zeus and Poseidon. Interesting assumptions you make there.

DeletedUser

You can, Bolt him back

lol. you gonna bolt back each member of the 500 man alliance who is bolting you? Remmeber you have 500 favor capacity. they have 500 each.

Also losing one building level doesnt hurt. losing 84 building levels does.

Lets see you have 20000 points and will probably lose a high level building once you get bolted. Some random guy has 2000 points and will probably lose a low level building when he gets bolted. Thats assuming he cares and is not some farm who logs back in every day to bolt you.

I have a feeling mras in your world just have not figured out how to use bolt effectively thats why you dont see its imbalance.

DeletedUser

yup. this happened to alliance mates of mine 2x at the early game stage when everyone had 1-2 cities. One of them took 60 bolts in a week and quit cuz he was farming a 500 point player that an mra had recruited.

Like i said maybe your world just hasnt figured out the tactics yet.

DeletedUser

there is well coordinated MRA's out there and they bolt people that they don't like over and over again through the day

DeletedUser

yup. this happened to alliance mates of mine 2x at the early game stage when everyone had 1-2 cities. One of them took 60 bolts in a week and quit cuz he was farming a 500 point player that an mra had recruited.

Like i said maybe your world just hasnt figured out the tactics yet.

So where was his alliance to defend him ? Athena's city protection, conquering mra towns, etc ...

And it has been discussed big time already

http://forum.beta.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=234

quoting myself

HdW99 hat Blitz auf dich gewirkt. heute um 20:11 Uhr
catweazle59 hat Blitz auf dich gewirkt. heute um 20:07 Uhr
catweazle59 hat Blitz auf dich gewirkt. heute um 20:05 Uhr
Herodes123 hat Blitz auf dich gewirkt. heute um 20:02 Uhr
Big Tom hat Blitz auf dich gewirkt. heute um 20:00 Uhr
EveLykan hat Blitz auf dich gewirkt. heute um 20:00 Uhr

20 in total on a single town .... recovery is almost impossible , lost build time aprox 2 weeks !!!

So I hope this gets fixed pretty fast

And yes it got fixed with the cooldown , and everyone is happy again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess you are all blind and look at it from a selfish viewpoint. Not as total in game.

1. This game isn't made for solo players
2. Bolting has a cooldown and can be countered
3. The proposed replacement would nulify 2 other spells, so a pointless idea
4. At war games you should be able to destruct buildings/level a town and bolting is actually slow motion leveling

If you are so scared of having a building 1 level destroyed , go play simcity

I am not looking at this from a selfish point of view.

Bolting can and is being abused. Several accounts are being made purely for bolting. You can not argue with that. A semi intelligent player would never waste favor to bolt on a main account, they would use another.

The current function of bolt is one of the reasons for multi-accounts. Changing its affects or even make it more difficult to obtain would be mitigate those problems some what.

I do want Bolt to somewhat act like Catapults on TW, where you can disable a village's ability to fight back. There is currently no mechanism for this (In my opinion Bolt is random, and is used purely to irritate another player, who in most cases can't/don't want to retaliate as it tends to be a small player that cast it in the first place), and Bolt can be changed for this purpose, and would make the game so much more interesting.

Yes I do realize this takes away from the smaller player a spell to deter larger players farming them, but it also mitigate the abuse of this spell by multi accounts, and at the same time making it far more useful during wars, then in its current form.

Sure I am well aware that you can cast city protection. You'd have to manage to keep it up 24/7 if you don't want to get bolted, and it is simply not possible with the way favor gains is calculated, by yourself, and the bolter will simply save up the favor until your protection drops, it is heavily biased towards the bolter in its current form. Sure you could ask alliance member for help to keep it up 24/7. But why should an alliance have to put up with this and waste favor just to stop 1 idiotic player for bolting from miles away where the alliance can't do anything about it? Bolting them back won't solve the problem as it takes no time for a town to rebuild their temple at lower levels even if you managed to hit the temple.

Sure in its current form you can rebuild, but can you rebuild faster or can they re-bolt you faster?

Nef

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol. o love the fact that people defending bolt do not seem to understand that its just not feasible to conquer 2 oceans away. i dont think its even legal anymore.

yes we cast athenas shield. they just bolted somebody else in the alliance.

DeletedUser

So is it feasable to conquer 3Ks away at tribalwars ? When I played (2006) TW I had attacks launched that took a week to arrive...

I'm already sending out attacks on grepolis that take 30-40h to reach, conquer is a 48h distance max. But hey it isn't solo play but teamplay else no need for an alliance.

And the multi accounting, that's innogames that need better staff tools/logs to catch them.

And I did post about this abuse of multi accounting already

http://forum.beta.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=298

Quoting above link

Sleepers Abuse
It seems that there are a lot of sleeping small accounts, that gather favour to cast earthquakes/lightning bolts during war time.

Those accounts are tiny and without alliance, and seem to have the sole purpose to be used when there is a war of a certain alliance vs another one.

Am I getting paranoid that the live servers are filled with multi accounts for the above purpose ? Or do other players experience the same behaviour.

So with this I would like to ask that innogames would implement maybe a better tracking system for multi account abuse. Maybe a filter for staff to check on playtime/gods usage.

As I'm pretty sure those abusing the game mechanics with multi accounts with the above sole purpose are smart enough to void the normal tracking methods aka cookies/IP/browser session.

DeletedUser

and if you are part of a small alliance that has no one near the person who bolted you, then what do you do if he is 50+ hours away?

Status
Not open for further replies.