Book Recommendations

DeletedUser27128

Sorry if this thread already exists, I couldn't find it.

Well... summer is coming up, and I was wondering if you have any good book/series recommendations? I generally like Fantasy (LOTR), Thrillers, Horror, Sci-Fi, etc etc.

Varun

Strategos
Sorry if this thread already exists, I couldn't find it.

Well... summer is coming up, and I was wondering if you have any good book/series recommendations? I generally like Fantasy (LOTR), Thrillers, Horror, Sci-Fi, etc etc.

Let's break this down piece by piece. I'm listing all the books top off my head so I'll be adding more once I think of them.

Fantasy

1. Inheritance Cycle
2. Percy Jackson Series
3. Riftwars series
4. Artemis Fowl
5. His Dark Materials
6. Meluha series

Thriller

1. Chris Kuzneski Series
2. The Six Sacred Stones
3. Carte Blanche by Jeffrey Deaver
4. The Five Greatest Warriors
5. All books by Dan Brown
6. Matthew Reiley's books

I do not do much of Sci-Fi or Horror

However, I'll suggest some other books or authors which are really good:

1. Paulo Coelho's books
2. Mitch Albom's book
3. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
4. Collected Works of O.Henry
5. Mein Kampf
5. Sherlock Holmes

DeletedUser

Wheel of Time and A Story of Ice and Fire are both great :D

DeletedUser49358

I typical prefer to read for educational/learning purposes than reading for pleasure however talking with people I know many of them have found ancient Greek poetry enjoyable to read and its even Grepo related :). Greek Lyrics translated by Richarmond Lattimore is a collection of works from poets such as Xenophanes, Sapho (of course), and even the famous Athenian social/political reformer Solon.

Its only 81 pages and not even full pages since its poetry so pretty quick knock out if you're interested and maybe you can increase your poetry skills to take the title of muse from Varun :p

DeletedUser27128

Mein Kampf looks interesting... will be on my list, currently reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, its great so far!

Varun

Strategos
Mein Kampf looks interesting... will be on my list, currently reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, its great so far!

Mein Kampf is something that kinda broadens your perspective on... well, that depends.

Angels and Demons is great, yeah. Don't forget Digital Fortress and Dav Vinci Code :)

DeletedUser27128

Angels and Demons is great, yeah. Don't forget Digital Fortress and Dav Vinci Code :)

Already finished with Da Vinci code and the Lost Symbol, Digital Fortress was on my list too ;)

DeletedUser31385

I have heard Inferno is good, I will have to read it this summer.

Varun

Strategos
I have heard Inferno is good, I will have to read it this summer.

Its damn good.

Here are some more suggestions:

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (nobody beats the classics)
Sam Bourne series
The Vikramaditya Trilogy (Indian mythology)
The Immortals of Meluha (Indian mythology)
Common Sense by Thomas Paine