Discussion booty research

DeletedUser

something is not clear for me about booty.

it doubles the loot u get but it also doubles the speed and mood decrease??

so if i demand for 300 minutes without the upgrade i will lose 48% mood and 300 minutes and with the upgrade i lose 96% mood and the time goes to 600 minutes and i get alot more resources.( also i will lose the farm cause of the mood but lets not discuss that)

is this correct?? and if so why would i ever demand that much cause i would lose the farm no doubt

DeletedUser

Yes, thats right. Don't worry, it doesn't decide whether the village will go into revolt from the mood at the end, so its the mood at the start that counts. If you use it whilst you have 80+%, you'll be fine 100% the time.

DeletedUser

No, but I think it can stick on 0% until the excess has been replenished.

He he he! The title is "booty"! LOLOLOLOLOL tht is holarios! Actually there is a glitch so that your mood can go negative...

DeletedUser

My thoughts on Booty:
It is only a positive, I would say it is now a MUST research.
First off you lose some non zero amount of time each time you have to demand from your villages, so having to demand half the normal number of times is a good thing even assuming 100% online time and quick responses.

Second for almost any given break time it is better to do a lesser amount with booty than a larger amount without. For example for a 20 minute break, a 10 minute demand with booty is the same number of resources as the 20 minute demand without. Likewise a 4 hour demand with booty is more than a 6 hour demand without.

The only exception here is the 40 minute with booty versus the 2 hour without. but a 40 minute plus a 10 minute with booty is the same as the 2 hours without, so if you are taking a 1:50 minute break, it is the same to do it without booty as with (in terms of numbers), but for a 1:51 to 3:29 minutes it is more resources to do a 2 hour without and then 5 minute demands to the 4 hour mark than to do a four hour with booty.

I hope that all made sense.

DeletedUser

The Booty research effectively just multiplies everything by two, which essentially means you have to spend less time clicking demand/loot. Instead of every 5 minutes, you're doing it every 10 minutes and both yield the same result when compared in resources/hour.

If you are happy and able to demand every 5 minutes, don't worry about researching booty. If you don't like demanding every 5 minutes and would prefer a little more freedom, research booty.

DeletedUser

The Booty research effectively just multiplies everything by two, which essentially means you have to spend less time clicking demand/loot. Instead of every 5 minutes, you're doing it every 10 minutes and both yield the same result when compared in resources/hour.

If you are happy and able to demand every 5 minutes, don't worry about researching booty. If you don't like demanding every 5 minutes and would prefer a little more freedom, research booty.

I disagree, as I stated above, there are other, more subtle effects that make it a much more worthwhile research than first glance indicates.

First because you lose twice as much time in your clicking process if you don't have booty (assume it takes some non-zero number of milliseconds (or even seconds) each time you have to click demand for the command to become available, and then for you to click, and then for the server to see it).

Second because for almost any break period (all except 1 hour 51 minutes to 3 hours 29 minutes, if my math is correct) it is more efficient to have booty researched and use the highest amount of time that you will be gone, than to not have booty and make the highest selection of time that you will be gone. An example of this is the difference between 4 hours with booty (240 base), and 6 hours without (180 base).

DeletedUser

Fine, so the improvement is only superficial in time but not on terms of resources?

I think the description of doubles your booty almost give anyone the impression of double the resources demanded for the same time period. Which I also noticed how it should be instead of doubling the dumb time and mood decrease. It just all means less clicking.

DeletedUser

I disagree, as I stated above, there are other, more subtle effects that make it a much more worthwhile research than first glance indicates.

First because you lose twice as much time in your clicking process if you don't have booty (assume it takes some non-zero number of milliseconds (or even seconds) each time you have to click demand for the command to become available, and then for you to click, and then for the server to see it).

Second because for almost any break period (all except 1 hour 51 minutes to 3 hours 29 minutes, if my math is correct) it is more efficient to have booty researched and use the highest amount of time that you will be gone, than to not have booty and make the highest selection of time that you will be gone. An example of this is the difference between 4 hours with booty (240 base), and 6 hours without (180 base).

Both are true, however, in the bigger picture a few milliseconds here or there is completely negligible. It would be like saying upgrade your internet speed to the highest you can get because those milliseconds in loading pages is important.

The second however, is a good point, although I was only comparing the 4 hour demand with and without booty, etc.

DeletedUser

Well perhaps booty isn't for everyone, but I definitely find it to be an absolutely necessary research.
I will add one more point in favor of booty, once you have many cities, booty doubles the number of villages you can effectively demand resources for every 10 minutes since you will eventually have enough villages that you cannot cycle through all of them every five minutes.

Of course this may never be a major issue since, apparently, once the farms are upgraded to higher levels you won't need to demand every 5 (10) minutes to get all the resources out. However, it still doubles the amount of resources per click.

DeletedUser

I kinda like it, BUT the best feature of Booty is now missing. No more 30% boost to hauling back loot. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with that nonedoe, the ability to haul back 30% more loot when sacking player and ghost towns would be awesome to have back.

DeletedUser

I can see the value of the Booty research (as it is) later in the game or for people who can only log-in once or twice a day. But the description (and result) of this research is misleading and extremely disappointing.

With this research you are not increasing the amount of resources you can get, only the amount you can get at each demand/looting session. But since it doubles the time between requests, you are only able to loot/demand HALF the number of times you could if you didn't have the research.

This leaves you exactly where you started. You get the same amount of booty, you just do it with fewer mouse clicks.

For a very active player, (this early in the game) there is little if any advantage to this research. Later, when you have multiple cities being able to do all your farming with minimal effort will be great. But at this stage of the game all it really does is level the playing field.

Personally If I had a culture point I would Reset this tech. I really hope that someone will clarify the description in the academy.

DeletedUser

As one of the most active players on Rho I think there is a huge value to this, having to demand every ten minutes instead of every five gives me much more flexibility. I have hit the resource cap on farms all but one day since launch and I can honestly say the first two days without booty was such a grind it made me feel almost physically sick, but now that I have booty it is a lot easier. I am currently conducting some statistical analysis by recording my demand times and amounts.

DeletedUser

Help! Demanding Units?

Does the Booty Research affect the Demand Units ability?

If so, then does that mean that I can demand 8 Hoplites for a mood decrease of 80? Or two swordsmen for a mood decrease of 24?

Because, right now I have been waiting for my mood to get to 100 and then I demand 4 Hoplites. If I get Booty Research then I do not know if I can continue this as the 80 Mood Decrease would put my farm village into revolt... or at least I think it will...

Help!

Thanks a bunch

- Arithmos :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

What a waste of resources.
On a speed 1 world, you would get 4 hoplites for a lose of 12 hours and 40 mood. 4 hoplites cost 75*4, 300 stone, and 150*4, 600 silver. If you were to demand/loot using the 20/40 minutes options, then you would get 1 20 min &1 40 min loot, for a total of (56+102), or 158 of each resource at level 3. If you then demanded every 40 minutes for the remaining 11 hours, then you would get (11*60)/40 demands in, or 16.5 demands, rounding down gives 16 40 minutes demands, which is (16*56), or 896 of each resource. This totals to 1054 per resource, and if you work efficiently, you will have an extra 4 mood and 20 minutes left.

DeletedUser

What a waste of resources.
On a speed 1 world, you would get 4 hoplites for a lose of 12 hours and 40 mood. 4 hoplites cost 75*4, 300 stone, and 150*4, 600 silver. If you were to demand/loot using the 20/40 minutes options, then you would get 1 20 min &1 40 min loot, for a total of (56+102), or 158 of each resource at level 3. If you then demanded every 40 minutes for the remaining 11 hours, then you would get (11*60)/40 demands in, or 16.5 demands, rounding down gives 16 40 minutes demands, which is (16*56), or 896 of each resource. This totals to 1054 per resource, and if you work efficiently, you will have an extra 4 mood and 20 minutes left.

Ok... but what if I demand troops before a time when I will not be active for 12 hours?

Anyway you still didn't answer my question...

DeletedUser

No, it does not affect the troops that you get. It takes the same amount of time to recharge, the same mood effect, and doesn't give you any extra troops. Booty just makes asking for troops an even more undesirable use.

DeletedUser2795

Ok... but what if I demand troops before a time when I will not be active for 12 hours?

Anyway you still didn't answer my question...
I believe that Undefined is correct. And if you are going to be offline for 12 hours then just use the 10 hour demand. You can use the mood that is recharged in that time later on loots.