Borg Season - No License Needed

DeletedUser

Hello All,

There are some vermin, The Borg, building a nest in the NE. We are trying to fumigate.

Just so everyone knows, it is Borg hunting season and no license is needed, may FARM or CONQUEST on sight.

Already have several alliances working on this, please feel free to join in...

DeletedUser

The Borg is an alliance. One of the leaders of this alliance is powerfullzues (yes, the player transposed the 'u' and the 'e'). This leader, we will call him PZ for short, has been using Hitlerian tactics to try to force members of other alliances and unaffiliated players to his alliance. When some leaders contacted him to achieve a diplomatic solution, PZ demanded the cities of three oceans or there would be war. PZ's phrase was "I will dominate these oceans". Apparently, PZ also denigrated some alliances as well.

Now PZ is a skilled and experienced player from Chi. Using that clout and his friends from Chi in Alpha Centauri as a threat, he has been bludgeoning players and alliances to join him. With a large number of small cities in his domain, his threats could not go unchallenged. Those small cities would become large cities and his threats would eventually have more teeth.

So, several alliances have banded together to form the North East Oceans Fumigation Service. The stated goal is the removal of PZ and The Borg alliance. The players who are currently members of The Borg have been notified that they can avoid war by simply pressing one little button. The "Leave alliance" button. They can join other alliances, remain unaffiliated, or even rejoin under a different name. But PZ and The Borg name must go.

DeletedUser

The Borg is an alliance. One of the leaders of this alliance is powerfullzues (yes, the player transposed the 'u' and the 'e'). This leader, we will call him PZ for short, has been using Hitlerian tactics to try to force members of other alliances and unaffiliated players to his alliance. When some leaders contacted him to achieve a diplomatic solution, PZ demanded the cities of three oceans or there would be war. PZ's phrase was "I will dominate these oceans". Apparently, PZ also denigrated some alliances as well.

Now PZ is a skilled and experienced player from Chi. Using that clout and his friends from Chi in Alpha Centauri as a threat, he has been bludgeoning players and alliances to join him. With a large number of small cities in his domain, his threats could not go unchallenged. Those small cities would become large cities and his threats would eventually have more teeth.

So, several alliances have banded together to form the North East Oceans Fumigation Service. The stated goal is the removal of PZ and The Borg alliance. The players who are currently members of The Borg have been notified that they can avoid war by simply pressing one little button. The "Leave alliance" button. They can join other alliances, remain unaffiliated, or even rejoin under a different name. But PZ and The Borg name must go.

Finally some fun going on!

Hitlerian tactics! wow I wish I was based somewhere near them..

anyways, theres a guy that calls himself lightning terrorist that has Bolted me yesterday and told me to send him 1000/1000/1000 resources or he'd bolt me again..LOL
I found it so creative I sent him 1500/1500/1500

DeletedUser

Yeah, he pulled the Sudetenland Manoeuvre. Threatened war if I did not give him our cities from O61, O62, and O63.

We learned from Chamberlain that appeasement doesn't work. He just would have come back and wanted more.

DeletedUser

Finally some fun going on!

Hitlerian tactics! wow I wish I was based somewhere near them..

anyways, theres a guy that calls himself lightning terrorist that has Bolted me yesterday and told me to send him 1000/1000/1000 resources or he'd bolt me again..LOL
I found it so creative I sent him 1500/1500/1500

Yeah he sent the following messages to myself and others to the co-founder of our alliance:

powerfullZues on 2012-02-07 at 07:00
I must say that unless war is the choice you want choosing not to reply to me is not a good idea. Anyway as I can see you have opened your mail, Know that I want a reply of some kind. I would at least like to hear you say that you are not interested at all so I dont feel guilty when I destroy you
powerfullZues on 2012-02-06 at 20:22
As yesterday was superbowl Sunday I have decided to give you a little more time. The truth is I would rather you do this the easy way as the eventual outcome will be inevitable. Do not mess around, your time is limited
powerfullZues on 2012-02-06 at 20:10
WAR IT IS!!
powerfullZues on 2012-02-06 at 07:10
Ab

I know you will resent this, but this is a war game and I intend to totally dominate this area. I am a highly skilled player and this has been recognised by an alliance that has accepted my request of a fully functional Pact. This has put us in a position where you can join us and remain LEADERS not founders, or prepare to have done to you what we already did to The Fringe, ASSIMILATION. You and your fellow founder will be repeatedly attacked so as you cannot grow, and our friends have agreed to take you and your fellow founders cities. Where will that leave your men? Ready to jump ship to The Borg under the threat of doing to them what we did to you. We warned Marco 400, he WAS the leader of The Fringe. He was lucky, he declined, but begged while I was off line and my 2IC gave him a chance. Wont happen again, I can assure you. I admire your attempt to retain your identity, but it would be more admirable to walk in as leaders than, well, than the alternative. I will dominate this entire area, you can dominate by my side, or be decimated. The choice is yours.You have 12 hours from 07:10:00 06/02/2012, Game time UTC. Don't make the mistake of procrastinating, that would be foolish. I look forward to a prompt response!
Regards
PZ
powerfullZues on 2012-02-06 at 00:57
We are about to pact with a top 5 alliance I won't say which, but that will put us in a position to force your hand. The ball is in your court. Merge or war
AB1977 on 2012-02-06 at 00:29
Thank-you for your message proposing a merge with The Borg. Myself and my fellow founder have spoken about this and the problem that we have with the proposal is a loss of our alliances identity. Keeping our alliances identity is something that we feel strongly about and as such we would have to decline your offer to merge.

We would however be happy to propose a Non-aggression Pact with your alliance and as our alliances relationships develop we could look to pact fully with The Borg. We hope you understand our position with regards to your proposal and look forward to your reply regarding our proposal of a non-aggresion pact with your alliance.

Best regards
AB
powerfullZues on 2012-02-05 at 06:50
Hi AB1977

My name is powerfullZues. I am the Founder of The Borg. I was looking to send a pact request but then while looking at your profile it became obvious that while intelligent, you are new to the game. I admire how far you have managed to come without much experience, but I believe you should consider merging with us for the sake of your beginner members. You see I am a very experienced player. I am the founder of 1 of the most feared alliances on Chi, and have a whole tab in the forum filled with simplified guides for beginners to give them the best chance possible to grow and be successful. We are very close my friend please also consider the fact that I will make you a leader and anyone else in your alliance with a position will retain it also. Your strength will more than double as you will have experience on your side too! I hope for a speedy reply, please don't leave me hanging. We already wiped out an alliance, The Fringe. and we are nearly 80 and been around for 2 weeks.

Warmest Regards
PZ

My lack of response was due in part to commitments in RL and also due to contact with his friends...they were polite and respectful but made no secret of their merge OR else ultimatum...PZ just continued to sent those kind of messages and more abusive.

DeletedUser

What destroyed The Borg was PZ's lack of honesty to his own alliance. As a former member, we were never told of these threats made by PZ to other alliances. The North East Oceans Fumigation Service was never a threat to The Borg. But no matter how TIGHT or STRONG an alliance is, lack of trust, honesty, and loyalty will destroy ANY alliance. Unfortunately this is what destroyed The Borg. Members left the alliance when they found out PZ was not being upfront and truthful. When asked why 10 alliances teamed up against us, he would LIE. When questioned on his "Hitlerian" tactics, he would lie. By PZ not communicating at all to his members, or even his ranking members, members no longer trusted him--leaving us no other choice but to leave The Borg.

DeletedUser

What destroyed The Borg was PZ's lack of honesty to his own alliance. As a former member, we were never told of these threats made by PZ to other alliances. The North East Oceans Fumigation Service was never a threat to The Borg. But no matter how TIGHT or STRONG an alliance is, lack of trust, honesty, and loyalty will destroy ANY alliance. Unfortunately this is what destroyed The Borg. Members left the alliance when they found out PZ was not being upfront and truthful. When asked why 10 alliances teamed up against us, he would LIE. When questioned on his "Hitlerian" tactics, he would lie. By PZ not communicating at all to his members, or even his ranking members, members no longer trusted him--leaving us no other choice but to leave The Borg.

I agree, honesty to the membership is critical to the success of an alliance. When he demanded our cities, I told him that our people were not chattel to be given or taken. But, I put his demand to the forum so that people knew he was interested in them if they wanted to go. Nobody left.

I will have to disagree about the NEOFS as a threat. We have been damaging the borg significantly. Recently, we have been planning conquests only to see the cities change allegiances right when we are launching.

But, I am glad some of the membership have learned of his dealings, found them unacceptable, and have left the borg.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't call this spam. At least someone is keeping me up to date about wars :p

DeletedUser

Fumigation not war... No top 15 alliances involved so small potatoes.

But, powerfullZues is gone! Now, hopefully the remaining leaders will dissolve the alliance and let it die.

DeletedUser

I'm planning a comeback against the guy who blackmailed me, but so far I think its funny

and congratz on taking down the borg

DeletedUser

sccr13plyr the Alliance hasn't existed for over 3 weeks now. So of course there would be zeros all over the place. The only people still members of that alliance are non-active.