Botting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser46762

Firstly, I do not use a PC, I'm far too upmarket for one of those.
Secondly, I do not ghost. I'd like to see your proof on this claim please. Dimspace talking rubbish again!!!!

DeletedUser42857

The irony.

It would be irony if I had done either which I havnt. Never run in vm while being opped, and never anger ghosted.

So no. Not ironic.

Neither is rain or your wedding day, or a free ride when you've already paid

DeletedUser42857

Secondly, I do not ghost. I'd like to see your proof on this claim please. Dimspace talking rubbish again!!!!

So you only deny ghosting. Not hiding in VM. Figured :)

SlothTzu

Strategos
It would be irony if I had done either which I havnt. Never run in vm while being opped, and never anger ghosted.

So no. Not ironic.

Neither is rain or your wedding day, or a free ride when you've already paid

I wasn't implying you did. It's ironic that a member of EN would say that, is it not?

Since Manster did "anger ghost", not Viv.

DeletedUser50245

the point is that Viv didn't cheat ... she's a far better player than most ppl talking here (SW)

DeletedUser42857

the point is that Viv didn't cheat ... she's a far better player than most ppl talking here (SW)

Youve no idea if she did or didnt. Just as I have no idea if she did or didnt.

All we have is opinion

The fact that she denies anger ghosting when it has happened shows she cant be trusted to tell the truth :D

DeletedUser50935

Youve no idea if she did or didnt. Just as I have no idea if she did or didnt.

All we have is opinion

The fact that she denies anger ghosting when it has happened shows she cant be trusted to tell the truth :D
Was it anger ghosting though? You dont know...
StAth makes a great point... The rankings show Viv is better then you.. FACT!
You say people dont know whether she cheated... People don't know whether she anger ghosted...
Dim=Stupid you seem to have proved this many times...
It appears Dim also = hypocrite based on the above...
So yeah go sit in the naughty corner until you come back with a valid point... That will be never so I hope you enjoy the naughty corner :D

DeletedUser50245

response to dimspace
non-sequitur ... she presented a proof ... where's the counter-proof? Let us assume, for the sake of argument that Viv can't be trusted. Since she presents an evidence, it is up to the accusers to disprove it. The substance, material relevance of the proof, in this case a video, does not rest on the trustworthiness of the beholder. its like saying the court can't accept a sworn affidavit from a lawyer because that lawyer can't be trusted ... ahahahahahahaha .... has any of you presented evidence to the contrary? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You ghosted in Nysa...

DeletedUser

Just because 5 minute farming is possible, doesn't make it practical. Doing this over and over for numerous hours a day just doesn't occur. Say what you will. But we all know that no one just sits in front of the computer doing this. No one. Its dreaded when you are first starting out, let alone when you have 150+ cities.

Everyone has their own opinion on it, nothing will change that. Surely not a video showing someone farming. Also yes StAthanasius, Prateek did submit something.

DeletedUser49059

No more talking about people cheating.

I understand your reason for requesting the discussion over cheating to end. But, here's the points I don't understand:

1. I spend gold within the game, which provides Inno with the revenue needed to improve and make changes to the game
2. The changes we "see" Inno making are largely cosmetic at this point, with some more significant
3. All players, even those of natural enemy alliances, are complaining about spybots, cheating etc.
4. Based on all of this, Inno should have the relative financial means, intellectual means and motivation (players have asked) to figure out how to get rid of botting and the new era versions of it.

Instead, it seems that they take the approach of events, etc. to give a competitive edge to those with available funds to spend. As a customer, is it so wrong of me (and my constituents) to request that identification of these "programs" bots, etc be a HIGHER priority for Inno to stop than they appear to be currently?

HG

DeletedUser

1. I spend gold within the game, which provides Inno with the revenue needed to improve and make changes to the game
2. The changes we "see" Inno making are largely cosmetic at this point, with some more significant
4. Based on all of this, Inno should have the relative financial means, intellectual means and motivation (players have asked) to figure out how to get rid of botting and the new era versions of it.

Too much investment for little/no return, inno only care about expanding profit margins now. Low cost, low value product.
Dealing with stuff like this will never happen just like the lie of an alternative endgame.

3. All players, even those of natural enemy alliances, are complaining about spybots, cheating etc.

Only now, I cant remember seeing anything said about this kind of stuff when they won Rho, Myonia, Ialysos. Also those amoungst them from Nysa, Eubea, Sinope etc, not a peep.
Now when they are not performing as well as they want to be they are all up in arms about the 'status of the game', this is no coincidence. Its just funny that the same group who will happy bring 5 alliances to a server, stifle all competition with mass pacts or be renown for the lengths they will go to secure a win will be so vocal about something which provides an uncompetitive advantage.

Fact of the matter is most of us play this game because the we find enjoyment in the challenge. Thats why the mass pacts/branches situation of what a few of their players created in Sinope was so boring, why so, so many people left Ialysos after finding out most of the server was Eviction Notice and why so many of us would happily take an enjoyable loss over a boring win any day of the week. This time around we join with 1 small alliance full of highly active players on a quick server and challenge those who consider themselves 'the best', that sounds like a fun challenge to me.

Sorry for the rant (not directed at you HG).
This world is far from decided and will likely come to a Fun and Competitive finale. I know thats going to put many out of their comfort zones but deal with it :p

DeletedUser16560

Just because 5 minute farming is possible, doesn't make it practical. Doing this over and over for numerous hours a day just doesn't occur. Say what you will. But we all know that no one just sits in front of the computer doing this. No one. Its dreaded when you are first starting out, let alone when you have 150+ cities.

Everyone has their own opinion on it, nothing will change that. Surely not a video showing someone farming. Also yes StAthanasius, Prateek did submit something.

Well, well, well...we are getting somewhere here, is that an improvement from impossible to unpractical!? What's next?

Hey, Prae! Don't you have a house to refurbish, furnish, sign paperwork or whatever? Oh wait, only after you win some sort of award and let all the other branches hanging in the cold that you get busy with something :D Only if they knew :eek:

DeletedUser

Well, well, well...we are getting somewhere here, is that an improvement from impossible to unpractical!? What's next?

Hey, Prae! Don't you have a house to refurbish, furnish, sign paperwork or whatever? Oh wait, only after you win some sort of award and let all the other branches hanging in the cold that you get busy with something :D Only if they knew :eek:

Who are you again? I don;t like conversing with nobodies...

DeletedUser42857

I guarantee some of the peeps in EN know who this man is.. Hammers are about to find out too.. :p

Its your other account? :D Oh no, hang on, your other account is......... _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.