Boycott Grepolympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30767

I hope no more personal accusations are hurled. This is a forum started by you yourself for discussion on what you felt. A "discussion", not to fight.
Thank you all for your time and i hope this thread will be more civilized and constructive from here on. :)
I think i posted this ... so please no more personal mud slinging .. And orestos this will be your loss only as you will not be able to debate on the topic which you want to discuss.
If you feel everything is right . then please apply for this thread to be closed. :)

Otherwise as the sir in my coaching class used to say .. take 2 rods , one each , find out each other and start fighting until only one is left .. :p (that actually used to solve most of the fights :) :p .Just to be clear, it means not fighting with rods but the sir saying this used to solve the fights :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We're getting off subject, this isn't supposed to be WAVEBREAKER vs OrestesOfArgos and Alcarin89. It's becoming personal and doesn't need to be. WAVEBREAKER, I retract any comments I've made that call your character, intelligence, or motivations into question. In return I ask that you too refrain from such behavior.

DeletedUser

helliswell is right, I request this thread be closed. It's a dead horse that we need to stop kicking. Grepolympics are halfway done and it's unlikely any further changes will be made.

DeletedUser17088

I'd love to hear Fist Of The North Star's opinion on this thread. Seems like we've got some big names jumping down my throat. Tyrion, you're a viscious moderator. Must you discredit EVERYTHING I say? You grant me no concessions and that's no way to debate. You're creating a hostile environment. I know you're tired of dealing with this issue, but I'm usually very positive on the forum. I needed to voice my opinion, even if nothing changes because of it.

I think Companies make mistakes and its just the way it is. I constantly remind everyone that i play another MMO Browser game which belongs to another company which is far worse than Innogames. A few months back they made a colossal mistake in one of their patches/updates, This mistake essentially made premium available to everyone for free and at a ridiculously high rate (earning 400k 'premium' a day. which translates into about £85). I was fuming and You can ask Tyrion about it as i asked him for some input and help and believe me when i say that Tyrion is in fact always looking out for Grepolis forum users best interests, even if he isn't allowed to show it on the forums, anyway It took the company 2-3 weeks to sort this and because of the terms and conditions etc no one received a refund (if they had spent money).

IG made a mistake but most importantly they fixed it in a relatively very fast time. the difference here is that you guys had a choice whether or not to compete, My Premium features and money where effectively made redundant without my choosing.

P.s I didnt read your OP Orestes, I skimmed over it and saw that it clearly didn't belong in the World forum as its a general complaint. So i neither agree or disagree with you. It should also be noted that i believe that everyone has the right to 'complain' or voice their opinion, If Orestes and others aren't happy with what happened then no one has the right to take take that from them.

DeletedUser29371

He was answered before the event was launched. I can almost guarantee that a post in the Questions Section was not ignored.

You crack me up, there is no evidence of deliberate negligence, because it didn't happen.

Yes you are correct however answer is completely inappropriate..

All we know is that information that is posted in the Wiki which is the same as you, I guess a lot of it will be wait and find out.

If that was 100% true which i believe it was then Mods need to start complaining to IG, 24/7 about information they are receiving .

Basically your just trying to unload anger onto someone? Is that how is it?

No We do not want to do that... we however think that such one sided NO NOTIFICATION atleast 8h prior to changes is not the way this fix should've happened.

Lets be honest... with all thei nfo we have now after 2nd Discipline started the amount of gold spent on Grepolympics would be ALOT lower i am 100% sure.... If i knew this and Orestes atleast 20.000 gold less would've been spent...

Why did we bought bonus 24/7?

Because we wanted to be number 1 and we THOUGHT that points are accumulating and it means if you get early start and spend gold on that it is better.

Why did Orestes paid for Erineys?

Because they give the best Training points per slot

Why did we buy 2 extra slots?

Because it is obvious to me that they last through whole grepolympics since there was no CD timer on the 1st slot i bought.

And the same did 2 of my friends and a couple more i know so this is effectively alot of GOLD = alot of Money...

With all these information written in WIKI Grepolis I would:

- not buy bonus every 12h
- not buy extra slots
- not spend tons of swords for 1st week
- not wake up at 1am to put in bonus and queue more soldiers

And saying Innogames did not know of all that facts like slot repurchase (dont tell me it was 100% obvious that you have to do this each 7 days!) Hell even the discipline guy was named athlete (and still is) just so it confuses players.

So tell me why do you think they did not want to share all this obvious knowledge they had about their event with mods so they could put it inside wiki grepolis, if not so they would potentially get more money?

I think Companies make mistakes and its just the way it is.

Good, but there are mistakes that are mistakes (like everyone has founder icon in alliance rooster) and there are mistakes that touch finances of players, 1st happen, 2nd are possible to be deliberate and people off way more than founder icon next to everyones name...

IG made a mistake but most importantly they fixed it in a relatively very fast time. the difference here is that you guys had a choice whether or not to compete, My Premium features and money where effectively made redundant without my choosing.

But there is the problem, I am LOVING the fix... really i think its APPROPRIATE and should've been here from the start, but i am absolutely HATING and am very disappointed by the way it was done, without any announcement... saying IG fixed the code in 5 seconds and could not post announcements is a LIE and i refuse to believe it.

Why could they make fix notes 48h (roughly?) before this tuesday patching and fixing and could not make 8h notice of changes of grepolympics? Why? to squeeze the last golds out of players in those X hours?

DeletedUser17088

who knows why IG does things? We mods are only given the information you are.

Yes we find it just as frustrating at times as the rest of the users as we are the frontline response to all complaints, It would be foolish to think that we do not feedback our 'complaints' to Innogames because we do. It is their company at the end of the day and they will do what they wish with it. We work with whatever resources are available to us, including user feedback.

I am sure there are ways and means of contacting Innogames directly Via E-mail and on this occasion it may be more appropriate to do so :) It is clear that the answers we are providing are not sufficient enough for you, so go to them.

DeletedUser13405

who knows why IG does things? We mods are only given the information you are.

Yes we find it just as frustrating at times as the rest of the users as we are the frontline response to all complaints, It would be foolish to think that we do not feedback our 'complaints' to Innogames because we do. It is their company at the end of the day and they will do what they wish with it. We work with whatever resources are available to us, including user feedback.

I am sure there are ways and means of contacting Innogames directly Via E-mail and on this occasion it may be more appropriate to do so :) It is clear that the answers we are providing are not sufficient enough for you, so go to them.

FOTNS is trying to be helpful, but I would not waste my time contacting IG. If IG will not respond to player complaints when they destroyed 1.26 and drove away a large percentage of their longtime playerbase, they are not likely to respond over a temporary event like the Grepolympics. Believe me, many of us complained and sent messages to the founders, board of directors, public relations etc. to no avail...and more importantly, no resposne. I only wish they were publicly traded so we could have all shorted their stock...maybe then they would have listened.

DeletedUser4013

I do not want to close this thread, but I will if I have to. As there have been a number of issues/matters directed at me I will respond as soon as I am able to later today.

Orestes, I have not ignored your message. I just have not had the time because of the number of court cases I have on my diary.

DeletedUser

Might as well close it, same stuff. Less than 2 weeks left anyway.

DeletedUser4013

this is such a fan post... THEY ARE public relation guys between players of Grepolis and CREATORS of Grepolis... Who else should take the heat if not them....

The Moderation Team is comprised wholly of volunteers who take the time to keep an eye on the Forums or assist in-game. We are in no way the public relations people, though I assume you are referring to us as the liaisons between the players and InnoGames. In this respect, only myself and the two other Admins are in a position to represent the views of the players to InnoGames. I do not appreciate players taking any frustration out on any of the Mod Team as they do not deserve it.

If i was the guy writing WIKI GREPOLIS id freaking ANNOY GREPOLIS OWNERS TO GIVE ME ALL DETAILS every 5 min if it needs to be.... i dont blame tyrion for faults of olympics but i do blame him for not realising he or anyone who wrote WIKI should be more demanding from Innogames especially regarding imortant details that such event should not INTENTIONALLY let unknown...

Do you honestly think that I would not have asked questions about the event and tried to get more clarification on the event? If you actually take the time to compare the .EN/.US Wiki to those of .FR and .NL you will see that our Wiki is quite comprehensive when it comes to information. I take pride in knowing that our Wiki is as up to date and accurate as possible. There is a reason that the Wiki section exists on the Forums for errors and requests for information to be added. I am constantly working on the Wiki and looking for ways to improve it.

When i read announcement of greolympics and was redirected to wiki grepolis page i read it through carefully and i had multiple questions, when i posted it to QUESTION sub forum ALL moderators IGNORED me and i bet 5 dollars noone bothered INNOGAMES to release details and saying its unfair for not giving such important info to players before start.

this is what we can easily accuse all moderators especially those higher on rank

Also they didnt bother to reply on questions i popped and some others even if they didnt know there is no need to ignore question that were directed to them...

I have just recently today looked back through the Questions section and seen your question. I will also confirm that Saska responded with a 'Play and find out because we do not have that information' response. There was no information being kept from you, and while the event was tested internally, there was no way to test all of the features you were asking about as the internal test was done at a greater game speed so all 4 events could be tested before the release. Also, the Question section has 2 of my most knowledgeable mods keeping an eye on threads in there. If they, or another player cannot answer the question, then there is no reason to blame InnoGames for a lack of information.

Mods like Saska even agreed that the change of shop brought different problems in that thread the tyrion so swiftly closed down

So yes, they dont have actual faults of the coding but their fault is for not telling INNOGAMES to release the damn important info else they will have riot and displeased customers. I simply think such info like

- 2 extra slots needs to be repurchased each 7 days
- athlete looses all skills each 7 day

were left out on PURPOSE to get players spend gold atleast 1st time... 1st week over and when Hoplite race was on i had swords 24/7 in queue and 20% bonus active all time and barely made it to rank 4 in the end... now i used 0 bonus and even dont have archers inside 24/7 and i am easily 16th...

The Mods are entitled to their own opinions, and I will not fault them for that. They are players just like the rest of you and have a say on the game and its features. I closed the threads as was correctly stated because they were in breach of the rules. I have never once tried to stifle discussion or prevent players from voicing their frustration on these Forums, and I do not appreciate anyone implying that I do that.

InnoGames releases the information as and when they see fit. This is their choice. I can ask for it all I want, but if they choose not to release it, there is little else I can do about that. As well, there are limits to where certain information is released down to. While the Mod Team may know certain information, they are not always in possession of the full extent of the information which is being asked about.

What does this conclude, now you can say people ran out of gold (which is partially also true cos of INACCURATE DATA !!!) but many realised a good scam and innogames not releasing INFO, info that they 100000000% had the time the guy who wrote WIKI was writing it.

The Wiki information was not inaccurate, but was as complete as it would be despite my attempts of trying to get more information about it. What I published was what was made available. Incomplete does not equal inaccurate.

...I too feel scammed. That's why I created this thread in the first place! Now I've got every Hekkontarch and Chilliarch -repping me. Why? Because I trolled Tyrion. Why did I troll Tyrion? Because his response to my original post was less than "moderate" and I felt it was inflammatory.

The bottom line is Tyrion was denied crucial information and it was likely deliberate on IG's part. There's no way to prove it, but come on, there was either a lack of diligence on Inno's part or negligence on Tyrion's part (and/or both). If I were him, I'd feel used and manipulated by IG. He's taking heat for something that IG creators should be taking heat for. Then again, like Alcarin89 said, it's a forum mod's job to take the heat. They serve as a liaison and keep a forum civil. At least, that's what's supposed to happen. Tyrion may put a lot of work in and have all the rep points in the world, but I still feel his contributions are full of opinions and are defensive in nature. Why take things personally? I've written Tyrion personally to formally apologize for trolling him, but didn't even get a response. How professional.

As I said in my message to you Orestes, my response was not meant to be inflammatory nor less than 'moderate'. I feel that I have already addressed the points regarding whether I should have, or ought to have done more when replying to Alcarin89's post above. If my posts come off as defensive, it's only because I am trying to help players understand what has happened, and because there is a lot of fluff in most posts which only serve to muddy the waters.

DeletedUser4013

...That ACCUSATION has damn enough ground... saying THEY DID NOT KNOW about all that is just fooling yourself and noone else , well maybe a few fanboys and dumb people ;)

So tell me smart man, how do they MOD a post/forum if they DO NOT READ IT?

bull, they read it but ignored it simple as that, every post on forum is eventually read by a mod...

This point as well has already been addressed. Saska responded to your question and minutes later you replied (rather rudely in my opinion) to his post.

It may not be a mod's JOB to answer Alcarin89's post in the questions section (the one begging for details and clarity regarding the wiki), but any good mod would see the concern as a priority. Alcarin wanted the information to be out there BEFORE the event launched and the post was ignored. It's the most significant evidence I've seen to indicate deliberate negligence on IG's part.

There is a specific section of the Forums which deals with the Wiki. Questions, Requests, and Incorrect information can be put in there with a view to being answered. I check that section regularly and make the changes, additions, etc... as needed. Also, if a player feels that the question has not received the attention or best possible answer, there is always the option of sending a PM to a member of the Mod Team, or to myself. Not answering a question is no basis for deliberate negligence, especially when the Mods in charge of that section would not have the answer.

...If that was 100% true which i believe it was then Mods need to start complaining to IG, 24/7 about information they are receiving.

No We do not want to do that... we however think that such one sided NO NOTIFICATION atleast 8h prior to changes is not the way this fix should've happened.

You think that I do not spend any time trying to get info that would be of use to the players? Again, you are making broad assumptions about me which I do not appreciate. The rest of the Mod Team, with the exception of the other 2 Admins, can only ask so far up the ladder. Myself and the other Admins try to make as much information available to players as possible, whenever possible.

As for notification of a hot-fix, I would refer you to section 6.2 for the GBTC which states:
  • 6.2 All games offered by InnoGames are revised and updated at InnoGames' discretion so as to keep them attractive for the largest possible circle of users.

Why did we bought bonus 24/7?

Because we wanted to be number 1 and we THOUGHT that points are accumulating and it means if you get early start and spend gold on that it is better.

Why did Orestes paid for Erineys?

Because they give the best Training points per slot

Why did we buy 2 extra slots?

Because it is obvious to me that they last through whole grepolympics since there was no CD timer on the 1st slot i bought.

And the same did 2 of my friends and a couple more i know so this is effectively alot of GOLD = alot of Money...

With all these information written in WIKI Grepolis I would:

- not buy bonus every 12h
- not buy extra slots
- not spend tons of swords for 1st week
- not wake up at 1am to put in bonus and queue more soldiers

And saying Innogames did not know of all that facts like slot repurchase (dont tell me it was 100% obvious that you have to do this each 7 days!) Hell even the discipline guy was named athlete (and still is) just so it confuses players.

So tell me why do you think they did not want to share all this obvious knowledge they had about their event with mods so they could put it inside wiki grepolis, if not so they would potentially get more money?

Yes, you wanted to be number 1 in the competition, Orestes may have used Erinyes because of the Wiki information, just as he could have used any other type of troop. You purchased the extra slots because you wanted to gain as many training points as possible. Now I ask, would you have done all of this even with knowing that training points do not carry over, and that the extra slots only last as long as the event? The answer would probably be yes given that you wanted to be number 1 and would have spent the gold regardless.

Good, but there are mistakes that are mistakes (like everyone has founder icon in alliance rooster) and there are mistakes that touch finances of players, 1st happen, 2nd are possible to be deliberate and people off way more than founder icon next to everyones name...

But there is the problem, I am LOVING the fix... really i think its APPROPRIATE and should've been here from the start, but i am absolutely HATING and am very disappointed by the way it was done, without any announcement... saying IG fixed the code in 5 seconds and could not post announcements is a LIE and i refuse to believe it.

Why could they make fix notes 48h (roughly?) before this tuesday patching and fixing and could not make 8h notice of changes of grepolympics? Why? to squeeze the last golds out of players in those X hours?

The issues with Grepolympics does not affect the finances of any player as the player is the one who chooses to purchase the gold for use in the game. The Grepolympics is just one way in which the gold can be used. No one forced you to purchase the gold, and as I stated to Orestes earlier in the thread, it was your drive to be number 1 that made you purchase the gold.

Yes, I double posted :p

DeletedUser29371

Ok ill take back a few earlier words and only adress 2 most important things for Tyrion :)

Yes, you wanted to be number 1 in the competition, Orestes may have used Erinyes because of the Wiki information, just as he could have used any other type of troop. You purchased the extra slots because you wanted to gain as many training points as possible. Now I ask, would you have done all of this even with knowing that training points do not carry over, and that the extra slots only last as long as the event? The answer would probably be yes given that you wanted to be number 1 and would have spent the gold regardless.

Yes i wanted to be number 1 in competition, but i wanted to be number 1 in competition in 3rd week (when i get 100% farming bonus possibly) and because i thought points accumulate i started using bonus minute 1 when grepolympics opened, also because i expected 2 extra slots (with no timer) to last through whole grepolympics. Not to mention this made me wake up each 1 am to renew bonus so i dont fall out.

If i knew that info before week 1 ended(before it start) i would not buy bonus and most likely not buy extra slots.... I would only wait and bust my time on 3rd week. But i thought, ''ok ino way i can be number 1 (or top 5) if i do not start spending bonus day 1 (since i expected to accomulate)

And since i was not sure if 1st week ends before you get last try (cos timers are identical) I also said '' oh ok, ill spend those extra few competitions to get some laurels (130) before i go down to 70 per run, and score as high as possible if i put so much effort inside. That also made me experiment and spend additional gold for resets with my Alliance.

So yeh, the bottom line is i spent atleast 1000 extra gold that i otherwise 100% would not if i had all the info i have now. And so did many more, and i think this was deliberate on IG part...

The issues with Grepolympics does not affect the finances of any player as the player is the one who chooses to purchase the gold for use in the game. The Grepolympics is just one way in which the gold can be used. No one forced you to purchase the gold, and as I stated to Orestes earlier in the thread, it was your drive to be number 1 that made you purchase the gold.

Yes, I double posted

Hehe, yes and yes, and yes, you are again 100% right but you choose to look it differently... What if i, ONLY because of grepolympics shop, chose to buy additional 12k gold (50 euros!), and i have advisors up and running till OCTOBER!, and now because of changes of that shop my actual money is bound to alot less use because of ninja fix without announcement? Note i only spent 50 euros on gold because of shop now sure i will eventually spend it, but before october i will get other cash and feel like i wasted 50 euros this month that i could instead put on bank or for drinks, or anything which i now cannot and i also cannot spend it as i intended when i bought it...

Ps; I started this part with if but this actually happened i am just putting it in something to think about, since many players including Orestes might have done this.

Do you think this is ok and fair?

So bottom line is:

- I spent double the amount of gold than i would otherwise regarding slots bonuses
- I spent then additional gold since obviously if i put so much effort in that i wanted to be as high as possible not wasting and entered more competitions
- I bought and BOUND extra 50 euros to IG and gold that i cannot use as i intended when i clicked on ''Buy Gold'' since grepolympics shop had different rules when i chose to spend gold i bought.

Effectively i gave Innogames 55 more euros (ATLEAST) that i otherwise would in the next 2 months. Now you can say thats nothing, and i will not die because of that, but its about principle! I feel like IG did all they could to deliberately make many players spend gold on 1st week and not give info they could and should regarding an event. Now i do not know if it was Moderators that forwarded complaints of players that said that shop is overpowered or does IG read forums occasionally but if 1st is true then i think moderators should now forward complaints regarding such unfairness of changes and not releasing information they surely had.

And thanks Tyrion for taking time to reply on all this. I appreciate it.

DeletedUser

Well now i feel you are treading into "moral" waters with this arguement, and since Innogames is a multi-million dollar buisness, the amount of response you will get from them (Apart from Tyrion and co) is minimal.

If you are diving into moral waters then surely a war game (grepolis) is bad, and Inno should invest in the sim market instead?? Infact all video games are bad for peoples health, so why dont Inno just restructure and make treadmills instead. After all, it is the right thing to do "morally."

While i agree that a bit of warning could have been given, the right choice was made, and its not like you can turn back the clock and re-do it. Whats done is done, you are better just to move on.

Btw you are doing an awesome job Tyrion :)

DeletedUser

I can sum up what Alcarin is saying in a simple statement, and I think it embodies the heart of this entire discussion:

We bought gold under one condition, but that condition changed without warning and IG kept the money (for me the time lapse was a mere 10 minutes and I was steaming about it for days). Moreover, the mods are making it pretty clear that no official statement will be made and no reparations of any sort offered. I'm an American, where capitalism is king. I see Germany is no different.

Sure, IG has the right to make changes without notice, but should they? They're basically telling good customers like me to go "F" themselves and left poor Tyrion to deal with the fallout. That's what's so infuriating. I see so much bias on this thread, but nobody can argue these simple truths and anyone with a conscience agrees that this was really lame on IG's part.

Now please, can we let this thread die? Nothing will change, no refunds will be given, and the event is 2/3 over. I'm sure IG learned very little from this experience or from our feedback. We are peons and the ones calling the shots are beyond our reach. Mods are just a band aid, they have no real power and are at the mercy of information provided by Inno.

DeletedUser

I can sum up what Alcarin is saying in a simple statement, and I think it embodies the heart of this entire discussion:

We bought gold under one condition, but that condition changed without warning and IG kept the money (for me the time lapse was a mere 10 minutes and I was steaming about it for days). Moreover, the mods are making it pretty clear that no official statement will be made and no reparations of any sort offered. I'm an American, where capitalism is king. I see Germany is no different.

Sure, IG has the right to make changes without notice, but should they? They're basically telling good customers like me to go "F" themselves and left poor Tyrion to deal with the fallout. That's what's so infuriating. I see so much bias on this thread, but nobody can argue these simple truths and anyone with a conscience agrees that this was really lame on IG's part.

Now please, can we let this thread die? Nothing will change, no refunds will be given, and the event is 2/3 over. I'm sure IG learned very little from this experience or from our feedback. We are peons and the ones calling the shots are beyond our reach. Mods are just a band aid, they have no real power and are at the mercy of information provided by Inno.

Nobody forced you to spend your Gold on the temporary feature. I personally completely ignored Grepolympics, and didn't make a fuss even though I wasn't a fan of it.

DeletedUser

It's a common knowledge that not only grepolis, but pretty much every browser game out there gives advantage to those players who use premium over those who don't. An unavoidable fact is that there wouldn't be this beloved game of ours if it weren't for the people spending money for gold.

The question is, what can make this game perfectly balanced for that matter? There were some suggestions i ran into and saw some stuff in other browser games i played in. One of those was to make a server where premium features are disabled, other one was to limit construction and unit training halving a day to something like 5 or 10 because some players do use gold for it to gain large advantage specially in the server beginning, third one was for everyone to pay something like a server entrance fee but then again you have minors who don't use credit cards to pay that entrance fee so money isn't the problem but the impossibilities are.

As for these mini games call it like that, that appear sometimes like grepolympics that we had recently, it's a blatant help for gold users. Specifically in grepolympics there were bonuses for attack, defense, resource regenerate rate and battle point increasage over the week and what else does increase culture points but these? Gold users gained more cities and non gold users didn't because gold users payed for ''compete again'' or experience increase that gave them more laurels for the grepolympics features and skill points for an athlete

In the end, it's the rich against the poor in which the rich always win

Status
Not open for further replies.