! BP ends and already less that 100% morale?!

DeletedUser809

Are you kidding me? Beginner protection ends on Omega and I'm already way below 100% morale against 200 pt polises? That is moronic. Please fix this broken formula. My god. That is seriously punishing people for success. I understand when there somene has multiple cities against someone who just started or has only one city etc. but this is just .

Seriously, this is totally unfair. The difference in production speed between me and lower point players is very small, maybe a few levels of barracks difference but I am going to lose twice as many units as lower point players for farming the same inactive players even though we all started at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The only reason you would have to attack those cities is to farm inactive players who have not started the game. You will only have the attack them once to remove the 6 swordsmen, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem :)

DeletedUser809

The only reason you would have to attack those cities is to farm inactive players who have not started the game. You will only have the attack them once to remove the 6 swordsmen, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem :)

It is too much of a problem. Wouldn't post this thread if it wasn't. Means I will have to build twice as many hoplites to accomplish the same job as a player with 500 fewer points than me. My production is not more than 5 to 7% higher at the absolute most. That means a player with 1000 points will be rewarded with a lot more troops for performing more poorly than a 1500 point player. Doesn't make any sense, absolutely none at all. The should only turn the morale system on after the first month or something. I'm sure this is not what they intended.

DeletedUser

My point was simply that the impact it has on your current situation is completely inconsequential. Having to make a few more hoplites at one time won't be the decided of the pace of your growth.

Discussing more in general is a whole other thing. To begin with, I really disliked it. But then I saw how many people quit from being farming and how quickly newer worlds turned inactive. But then I realized how much of a standstill morale creates in itself, meaning some people have no viable targets around them and making it impossible for an alliance to fully work together if some players are bigger than the other. So, I agree with most of the Grepolis community that morale sucks. As you say, it would also make sense to apply it later, not already at this early stage of a player's development. Like, say, morale becomes relevant once he grows past 3000 points.

DeletedUser

gadzooks, you are one of many who thinks that morale is terrible. people have been saying the exact same things since it was implemented :(

maybe you could make a post in the ideas forum on how to improve it. i know i'd support just about any change to lessen the effects of morale (as would countless others). as is i simply avoid any world with morale active, and most other players i know do the same.

DeletedUser

Seems this MORALE is upsetting a lot of folk and I still haven't been able to find the answer I'm looking for as I think morale is a good thing for newbie retention but once it drops how long does it take to replenish or how do we replenish it our selves?
I'm playing PHI and have a -5% morale so far while trying to conquer the 8th farming village on my island and the troop loses are ridiculous so is this something that replenishes over time or do I need to go pick a fight with someone much stronger then myself perhaps taking a lose?

Sorry I should add the loses encountered so far have been while running the simulator so perhaps I don't need to add MORALE and LUCK to the simulator values for a conquest on a farming village.

Help much appreciated

DeletedUser4013

Here is the link to the Morale Wiki Page. Hopefully this page, though limited in information, will be helpful in realizing why your attacks have such low morale. If I remember correctly, the player's points need to be either equal or greater than your own. City size is irrelevant in the calculations. Hope this helps.

DeletedUser

Thanks Tyrion,

I had actually read that earlier but I am still unclear on how this works when simulating attacks to conquer a farming village to do with PHI

DeletedUser4013

I don't believe that morale affects, or should affect, conquering a farming village. It would make very little sense if that were the case. However if you want to use it in the simulator, I would suggest using the formula to see what the effect would be and then enter that value into the simulator.

DeletedUser

Yes, morale is very simple. If someone has less than a fourth of your points, you will suffer bad morale. The greater the difference it, the worse morale you have.

Neither morale nor luck affect conquering farming villages.

DeletedUser

Thankyou , I found this out after sending an attack that I had simulated without adding luck or morale and won the battle as the sim had stated so yes it looks like conquering farming villages does not get affected by morale or luck as you stated Asjo