Inactive Topic Breezes

DeletedUser26631

Proposal:
Breezes should be added to the game for more excitement.

Reason:
I want this idea because having the same old ship movements is boring, putting a little bit more excitement in it will be good. Also this could add water movements such as ripples or waves.

Example/Details:
Today the breeze is 12% west, this means your ships will sail 12% percent faster heading is a westward direction but sail slower by 12% eastward.

Visual Aids:
Water movements in the water moving in the direction of the breeze.
Also a compass should be added to the ingame appearance.

Balance:
It can be used as an advantage for both defenders and offenders.

Abuse/Prevention:
I don't know.

Summary:
Say what you feel about this idea(this is my first idea posted so not sure if there are any mistakes)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I hate breeze. My nipples become erect and it feels weird. Not erect from pleasure.

terminatour

Phrourach
Well i think it is a good idea but no way should there be ripples on map!!!Way to much lag!i say you have a little box in top right of map which when hovered on displays wind/breezes and its strength

DeletedUser

I like it, would the wind be random each day or would you know beforehand what it would be?

DeletedUser

I think it's a great idea! It might interfere with sniping a bit but that's what I'm hoping for ;)

How are you going to decide what's east and west though, what if an enemy town is exactly north of you?

terminatour

Phrourach
Well the breeze could be different in each ocean?and also to answer your question dreams it could be east from west instead of east from your city!

DeletedUser26631

I wouldn't think the myth units should be affected because they are mythical/supernatural.

terminatour

Phrourach
That would be cool storms/breezes also i have an idea what if attacks had a % chance to be lead astray?For like 1 hour!they were ment to arrive at 12;00 but they arrive at 13;00

DeletedUser

I love the idea. Add a bit of moving dynamism to a game that can become almost mechanical.

DeletedUser

untitle.JPG

I think that'd be too complicated tbh. I don't know, I guess if I want to hit a city, I hit it. I don't want anything getting in the way - why I prefer non-morale worlds.

DeletedUser

Too complicated to code me thinks. Or for peeps to adapt to.

DeletedUser37990

This could be enlarged upon.

Add random wind conditions + storms.. Conditions that changes travel times of attacks/supports already in route. Storms that can sink some of the ships..

But if researched meteorology it reveals conditions before launches and avoids any random variables except storm damage if storms are revealed in traveled oceans.

Abbacus

Phrourach
I like the idea but what would happen if the attack took more than a day and say the first day it was blowing from the east at 20 knots. My ships go to a city to the west with a 20% bonus in speed but then the next day the wind changes to west 20 knots. Would my boats still take the original 20% bonus or would they then be affected by the 20% extra speed when it changes to that? If it was the second way then that would make it near impossible to make long distance timed attacks or night attacks after the 0000h time.

DeletedUser26631

I like the idea but what would happen if the attack took more than a day and say the first day it was blowing from the east at 20 knots. My ships go to a city to the west with a 20% bonus in speed but then the next day the wind changes to west 20 knots. Would my boats still take the original 20% bonus or would they then be affected by the 20% extra speed when it changes to that? If it was the second way then that would make it near impossible to make long distance timed attacks or night attacks after the 0000h time.
Yeah I thought of this and thought that the next wind change wouldn't affect, but if this idea turns into a suggestion for updater people they could figure it out.(nice to know you guys like my idea) THANKS!:)