Bring Back The Grepolis Player's Council

DeletedUser41523

The Grepolis Player's Council was a BIG miss on Inno's part and when you look at where the EN player's count was from the start of it and where its roughly been since near the end of the GPC, you can see that its failure directly impacted the player count in this server. There's many reasons that you can sum up the failing for GPC from GPC in fighting, to a lack of clarity and structure on the rules on Inno's part, to mod mettling (at least on EN and US servers). But take it from someone who was in the GPC inner council, for all the crap that went down in GPC, the direction of the game was brighter with it than without it. When GPC there was a new endgame idea in development and take it from me, a former inner council member, when GPC was informally canceled the domination idea got completely bastardized. Like domination is Grepolis' version of Fallout 76. GPC acted as a balance for mod corruption as well...While there were rules about discussing mods in GPC that didn't mean that you could not talk about it privately.

I believe that the opportunity for players from each server to directly discuss issues with game developers improved the game and that the GPC was on the right path for making a better community. Since its been canceled we've been subjected to nearly two years worth of morale worlds with no serious adjustments to the LMD issue. We've also had a large increase in spammers. I personally believe that the community should be allowed to have some kind of say in who becomes/remains Community Manager and that the GPC is the best way to relay those feelings. I've had many friends who were optimistic about the future of Grep when GPC was announced that have since quit since it failed, citing either its failure and/or issues that could have been solved in GPC as a reason for quitting.

I think that its time to bring back the GPC and discuss actual issues in the game and I hope that other people and even the mods would support such an idea.

Edit: I've decided to make a discord related to this subject. Think of it as a community discussion. Link is here https://discord.gg/hJswQzC I would invite friends, foes, mods, former GPC members, and strangers to join.

Supporters
Sema
Rosenthia
xFate
Thelastcrusader
T0m4s
gribbe
Covert Ninja
Duramaxclassic
Ladybolt1234
Hcaz123
Lord Prometey
Loves You
Oceangoddess
Socrates357/Bloodmeat/Frank
TDIExDarkstar
Kingpg28
Dizzljoe
Messijoshi
Grepopatomus
Capable
Vincaocao
Ruemonge
FoogalowhoOP
Margery
GrepoEthan
Davesongbird
Kuriants (Former GPC)
MissusR
Milimike
Rutherfords
Anne Bonny
0ZZZ
Srdjo2345
Ruggler
Addy10
Emeror Fakih
1saaa
Lord Starvos
BurnBrae
udhata
Pianoman98
uvis123456789
Roadrunner 1
Seawalker67
Challenger
Abominable Snowman
LaSophie
Jimothy5
Davidbasket4
Rim Master
The Kitten Fatalis
Masterchief Jr.
Moon Breathing
Alex the Londoner
BadDecisions
Big Papa
Charlaw02
Chriztov
High On Communism
LionFromTheNorth
Patchus
Sasha Sax
Shab786
Tj Kanniben
Stoppable
Rofami
Waduh
Rocky
Lady Anaid
Oskarghost96
collect78900
Shuri2060
malcinator2
Purior
Undertakerexpress
PhoenixF
Mercenary501
-Lady Godiva-
gknasel
Alugussteil
Myzticality
G0B0
Atilla Scourge of Gods
AidthePaid
Beorn
*MGK5*
Kyisland
Meluz
Selectron
Klutchmaster

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

Proud to announce that we're already at 25 supporters!

DeletedUser56061

I support a GPC, but with a better election policy, as some members of the last GPC were as bad as some of the mods

0ZZZ

Phrourach
Strongly SUPPORT!

Running a game successfully is not easy.
Do the right thing for 2 years and your golden, but the first big mistake and you can lose it all.
SOE and star wars galaxies is an excellent example, Vanguard and ever quest too. They were pros. They thought they were doing the "right thing."
Looked good on paper, but it killed the game. It could have been avoided if they spoke to their player base about some specific changes first.
To govern any thing and not give the governed an opportunity to speak just invites revolt.
How do most revolt? With their wallet and their feet.

The council should be twice the size and have half the members randomly invited via lottery to decrease the odds that it becomes a useless mouth piece for the loud minority.
They should also be able to speak their minds in private chambers. That would include discussing mods or any thing.
True public chambers should be closely censored, but not the private one. Grepo should want to know exactly what they think.
The council should not make ANY decisions for grepo, but the devs should seek what they think before they decide.

You are flying blind Ino. The idiots flapping their jaws in these forums are not enough. You need to know what your paying customers need.
Blind guessing only works so long no mater how good you are.

PS I nominate
The Smilodon Fatalis
He is trusted by the community to speak his mind and think before he speaks.

DeletedUser54592

100% Count me in, fully support. We NEED this. When I say 'we', I mean both players and Inno.

Last edited by a moderator: