Bring Back The Grepolis Player's Council

DeletedUser35722

sign me in, i might consider playing something other than EN32 if this goes ahead

Roadrunner 1

Phrourach
The Grepolis Player's Council was a BIG miss on Inno's part and when you look at where the EN player's count was from the start of it and where its roughly been since near the end of the GPC, you can see that its failure directly impacted the player count in this server. There's many reasons that you can sum up the failing for GPC from GPC in fighting, to a lack of clarity and structure on the rules on Inno's part, to mod mettling (at least on EN and US servers). But take it from someone who was in the GPC inner council, for all the crap that went down in GPC, the direction of the game was brighter with it than without it. When GPC there was a new endgame idea in development and take it from me, a former inner council member, when GPC was informally canceled the domination idea got completely bastardized. Like domination is Grepolis' version of Fallout 76. GPC acted as a balance for mod corruption as well...While there were rules about discussing mods in GPC that didn't mean that you could not talk about it privately.

I believe that the opportunity for players from each server to directly discuss issues with game developers improved the game and that the GPC was on the right path for making a better community. Since its been canceled we've been subjected to nearly two years worth of morale worlds with no serious adjustments to the LMD issue. We've also had a large increase in spammers. I personally believe that the community should be allowed to have some kind of say in who becomes/remains Community Manager and that the GPC is the best way to relay those feelings. I've had many friends who were optimistic about the future of Grep when GPC was announced that have since quit since it failed, citing either its failure and/or issues that could have been solved in GPC as a reason for quitting.

I think that its time to bring back the GPC and discuss actual issues in the game and I hope that other people and even the mods would support such an idea.

Edit: I've decided to make a discord related to this subject. Think of it as a community discussion. Link is here https://discord.gg/hJswQzC I would invite friends, foes, mods, former GPC members, and strangers to join.

Supporters
Sema
Rosenthia
xFate
Thelastcrusader
T0m4s
gribbe
Covert Ninja
Duramaxclassic
Ladybolt1234
Hcaz123
Lord Prometey
Loves You
Oceangoddess
Socrates357/Bloodmeat/Frank
TDIExDarkstar
Kingpg28
Dizzljoe
Messijoshi
Grepopatomus
Capable
Vincaocao
Ruemonge
FoogalowhoOP
Margery
GrepoEthan
Davesongbird
Kuriants (Former GPC)
MissusR
Milimike
Roadrunner 1

DeletedUser56913

I left grep a few years ago when the Council was being developed - at the time it was YEAH someone to help in guiding the game developers to implement changes which the majority of players would like to see changed. When I left it was due to the drama that was in the internal forums, the Skype rooms, the external forums and then watched as players competed and dragged this style drama into the Council. If there was a change I would support it would be to remove the "TRASH TALK" style of winning verbal wars. This game is unique due to the style of competition against another fellow person and developing teams to fight teams - but this style play has become so competitive it is ridiculous - the desire for people to win causes people to cheat, bot, backstab, WIN AT ALL COSTS so the best part of the game brings out the worst in people. SO ... back to the question "Bring back the Council" ... I would say yes - but not if that Council is full of those players who are responsible for the Trash in the game. The players need a voice - a reasonable voice - not a Bully Trash Talking I want to feel Powerful Voice. We have enough of that in this forum. There was a system - ASK IN THE FORUM... yeah that works - Answers you get - your a noob, your a jerk, your just whiny, your team sucks, the mods are in your pocket, who are you? and the biggest wrong answer "That's the way the game is played - suck it up buttercup". This game will not get better as long as we let players who use these bully styles continue to use these methods.

DeletedUser41523

Will update the list in a bit. A bit busy throwing discs into trees right now. But thanks for all the support! Glad to see I’m not alone in thinking this

DeletedUser41523

We are already at 52 people not counting everyone in the discord room yet.