Wish List Bronze, the Fourth Resource

• Thread starter DeletedUser54843
  • Start date

DeletedUser54843

Thought it could be a great idea for Grepolis to add a BRONZE as the fourth resource in the game.
Since 2010, there's only been three resources in Grepo: Wood, Stone and Silver.
I ask you, why not add Bronze?

I understand implementing such a dramatic change to the game's design might shut down the game for a while, but I think it would be worth it.

Of course, the resources needed to create (and upgrade) all the buildings and units in the game would have to be re-worked, with the added resource. However, it would definitely make for a better game!

Adding BRONZE (or copper) as one of the 4 resources makes perfect historical sense. Also, it would deepen the game. Island setup would have to be re-worked, for example: one island could be +wood - stone with silver and bronze neutral +/-0. Or, each island could have 2+ resources and 2-(negative ones).
Choosing where to to conquer/colonize next would become more strategically important.

Some units might demand quite a bit of Bronze, while others not so much, same with building upgrades.

Also, if the designers added another deity to the game, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND HEPHAESTUS FOR THIS! - because of his nature. One of the new deity's spells could provide additonal Bronze to the city (as does Hades with Silver or Artemis with Stone)

Anyone care to add his/her opinion on this? (sure, I don't think it'll ever happen, but it's an idea worth mentioning)

dianices

Phrourach
one thing this game doesn't have is an interactive avatar page or window. i'm not looking to do what some other games have done, but having something set aside to use such a resource for say, "dress up", making weapons, gear, and upgrading them for an avatar with a few slots for different pieces, maybe a stats section and details to one side of it,....i don't know, so far the simple approach has been decent for me, but others might like more complexity.

DeletedUser54192

I'd personally call Bronze the 5th resource, as I treat favour as a resource as well.

It's an interesting concept, and having 4 resources + favour would add another layer of complexity to the game. However I'm not sure it would be a great idea. Most RTS games seem to stick with 3 physical resources for some reason. Not sure why, but it does work well.

The main issue would be implementation, I feel. It would completely change the existing city-specifications that people tend to make, for one thing. But the main thing is the downtime. With Inno constantly running multiple servers at the same time, each at different stages of the game, there is an issue with shutting it all down. If you did it soon, you'd end up closing many worlds in the early or middle stages. That would upset a lot of players, and may lead to them seeking other games that are available. If you wanted to just wait until they all ended, and not open new ones after a certain time, you run into the issue that people are going to get bored with no new servers, and likely seek other games. It's interesting, but in a game with various complexities already present, I think it's not as desirable as, say, a redesign of an existing feature, or maybe a couple of new deities.

DeletedUser54843

Right Karl. Exept, Inno could just add this new Resource on all the new/upcoming worlds, not in the ones already being played. Brand new worlds would get Bronze as the fourth resource, the older ones, the ones already in play, would stick to 3 res, until that world ends. All new worlds would have Bronze as the 4th res included, with all the implications of it (unit/building costs, research cost, island/farm setup)

Just like with Bandit camps, the concept was quite frowned upon, until it was implemented in the very same way, no pre-bandit worlds were affected, and guess what? Most players don't even imagine themselves playing the old system (with no bandit camp on the starting island).

All this takes is some work and imagination and it would work great for the game, I assure you.

(Bronze could be substituted with IRON as the fourth resource in the game)