Newspaper Bullying tactics by Quality over Quantity

DeletedUser

Below is an excerpt from a message sent by Darthmenace to a message I sent to the players attacking me. At that time I had been in receipt of 97 attacks over a period of less than 3 days and already lost 6 cities, all of them colony producing cities. In the last 20 hours, I have been in receipt of a further 33 attacks with more incoming all the time. since quality over Quantity started there campaign just over 3 days ago, I have been in receipt of over 160 attacks against my 17 cities (now 12 with 2 new founded cities in the list)

"you have yourself a little time, i suggest you take that time to land some CS's in an Ocean further away, it is the only way to play and not be attacked constantly,

i reckon you and your ally's have between 24.hrs and 72.hrs, good luck."

With most of the players in Quality over quantity being in the top 100 of this world, this smacks as bully and an organised campaign to eliminate smaller players from the game. I have asked support to look at this and they say it is not against the game rules. Therefore I will list those players undertaking this shameful episode of bullying

samtom1 - ranked 49 with 41 cities
katharina seigel - ranked 184 with 25 cities
Ash Itaka - ranked 28 with 59 cities
Businix - ranked 309 with 19 cities
Kovertkitty - ranked 25 with 56 cities
Darthmenace - ranked 36 with 50 cities
-SPQR- ranked 5 with 71 cities
Framer26 - ranked 100 with 30 cities
Fbees - ranked 269 with 21 cities
Thisnameistakenup - ranked 98 with 32 cities

There have also been attacks by other Quality over Quantity members against members of the alliance I am part of

As yu can see from the report above, this is a clear case of bullying

DeletedUser

I feel for you buddy but unfortunately that is the name of the game. Starting late in the game and in close proximity to some of the strongest players in the game unfortunate but you can only learn from this worlds experience and perhaps you'll find haven in the next.

DeletedUser

I can understand your frustration, but there is nothing wrong here.

This is a war game. Part of that is attacking other players in attempts to conquer their cities. Unfortunately this game favors the strong. Some players do like to slow play, and in an ocean with little action or aggression. I think you should message their leader and kindly ask for a bit of time to relocate. I know a few players in QoQ and although bully-like, they aren't complete ar$es. They will likely give you enough time to colonize somewhere else (Which no one "Has" to grant you btw). I do know if you want a chance to relocate before they eat you, this is not the way to go about it lol.

DeletedUser22217

PZ are you serious?
Crying to the mods because you are being attacked in a war game?
Really?
Do you really think that anyone will get impressed anyway of this post?
We have all been attacked, this is part of the game. You shouldn't take all this so personal.
If you are in a bad location- relocate. Use the bp, fill those slots by colonizing in safer waters.
You should really try to learn to survive from this experience, instead of complaining.
Many of us prefer this game among many others exactly because of this, because of the thrill it provides.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34992

Tut Tut, you are all terrible for picking on him, how can you live with yourselves after this. . . . he is just. . . . oh im in that list, hehe, look out, CS coming in ;)

DeletedUser

I did ask for a truce to relocate and received the reply from DarthMenace as quoted, the actual time given was less than 2 hours, I have now got another 10 attacks incoming

DeletedUser49059

It kills me to reinforce QoQ...but I guess I am not when I say this:

1. Stop your whining. It will only get you ridiculed and cause you future embarrassment.

2. Attempt to befriend the person attacking you- "please don't attack me" gets you more attacks. Compliment them for their skill, and mention that you have a CS landing XX hours in Ocean XX, would they possibly work with that?

3. Going to the externals with this will only get you a classic rimming and little support- even EN probably finds your whining on the externals inappropriate. Had you PM'd us...we might have helped you until you relocated. Not now.

4. Go to the enemy of the alliance attacking you and ask for help...generally they like bp and they will do it just to aggravate the other alliance and get under their skin.

5. There's this game called "Sim City"...you should check it out. I don't think you can get attacked there. There are also other online games you can enjoy. Join a Grepo server with morale active- go read the wiki if you don't know what I am referring to.

DeletedUser

Shame on QoQ and what the pure evil DarthMenace 11111.png
!

They got to give those cities back to the guy, send him resources + cast happiness and all other good spells for his cities on a daily basis. So he can climb to the Top-20 at least, and then send him 7 days notification
, and then, only then! QoQ can start taking his cities.

It was always like that in worlds Beta, Meta, Peta, Chi, Bee, Pee and Ithaka.
No honor these days. Shaaaaaame.

P/S For Pzkpfwv1d: as Winston Churchill told me once: the more you complain the more attacks you get.

DeletedUser34992

where did you get that pic of me from Tiller? i like it ;)

DeletedUser42857

I blame Inno tbh. They regularly market it as a city building game, build your village into a city, etc etc.

Think youve been miss-sold.

Its a wargame. and as such, people will attack you.

As said before, (and this is also innos fault), next time find a server with "Morale active" where big players are penalised for attacking the small. Inno could make this a lot more obvious in the world sign up. Maybe before deciding on a world it could say "have you played grepo before", and if you say no, put you in a low cap, morale active world.

If not give hyperborea a go, in that world you cant conquer anyone.

DeletedUser

Guys, I don't want to be a bad guy and break your illusion, but I'm just gonna say it: Grepolis is not a 100% war game. Maybe 30%war - 70% sim. Some war is presented when you're below 25-30 cities mark. After that it's all about simming, struggling to make slots for new cities and WW preparations, then WW comes as completely simming time. Due to the new trend all alliances are concerned about ww from the very first day of a world. They take every small ghost in area just to sim it up to secure Ww location, some alliances wish to make sisters, brothers, cousins, step-mothers and of course academies just to get numbers to secure their ww ambitions. Conclusion: This is resources based construction building game with an element of strategy. And only true enthusiasts still consider Grepolis as a 100% war game. Sorry for breaking a fantasy world pals but you better play this game "as is" and stop looking for what you will never find.

DeletedUser44623

The funny part about this is he thinks an op has been ran on him LOL

You were only getting random attacks until you started complaining now I think the attack have probably picked up cause people are tired of the whining.

DeletedUser

PZ look; i'm a grepo-noob myself, first server, at the start you think everyones out to get you, although that may be true some of the time with the huge factions that arise and fall from the start of the server.. But the truth is, the game is about expanding, whether that be through colonizing tiny 997 point cities and building them up or conquering a 10,000 point city of your next door neighbour. This is not bullying, i'm sure most QoQ have a heart, somewhere, deep, deep down, maybe.. same with the rest of us, everyone seems cold and uninviting at the front but given a NICE non-whiny message and they would probably aid you in moving away to a safer ocean to continue building and simming once again. Being attacked isnt so bad, (i dont know what you're complaining about, DBP is easy, you don't even have to step foot out of your city!) you get BP which is then used to open slots which you used to take more cities or found them.

With your post, you're telling me you have never took another player's city? Is that correct? As if you have took someone's city then your post would mean you are a bully too, for taking someone's city. That would mean everyone here who has posted is a bully, that means all moderators who have played are bullies, that means you need to contact support to ban everyone, maybe even themselves.

There a few things that you can choose to do.
1) Put up and shut up.
2) Whine and Die.
3) Kiss their asses and hope they are nice enough to give you time to colonize away after you ran your mouth about them.

DeletedUser48583

I somehow ended up on this thread. I know quite a few players from this world.

Im confused on the whining. You can use any tactics within the game some are looked down upon. Anything goes in a war game as long as its not offensive.
You can even blackmail players for res and bp (just saying it can be done) but not for gold. So overall this thread just makes you look weak. This game favors the strong and the wise ploy of strategies.

DeletedUser

The funny part about this is he thinks an op has been ran on him LOL

You were only getting random attacks until you started complaining now I think the attack have probably picked up cause people are tired of the whining.

Random attacks - 97 in 3 days before I asked politely for a ceasefire and was quoted that I had between 24 and 72 hours, before the ink had even dried a further 14 attacks were incoming, 120 plus attacks before I started this thread and the total now stands at over 180 attacks

I did a tally, the 10 players who had attacked me at the start of this thread had a combined total of 405 cities between them, what chance do new players have if a group like that decide that they want the cities that person controls

SlothTzu

Strategos
Random attacks - 97 in 3 days before I asked politely for a ceasefire and was quoted that I had between 24 and 72 hours, before the ink had even dried a further 14 attacks were incoming, 120 plus attacks before I started this thread and the total now stands at over 180 attacks

I did a tally, the 10 players who had attacked me at the start of this thread had a combined total of 405 cities between them, what chance do new players have if a group like that decide that they want the cities that person controls

Our alliances are at war, what do you expect?