Buying missed gifts

DeletedUser

I just managed to get a slot in the world I was wanting to play, and I am wondering if I buy old advent calendar doors can I get the bonus units, also if anyone could point me to a decent list of which units were which days that would be great.

DeletedUser12667

Mate play the game with the future in mind. Let the past go and dont worry over missed gifts. I am sure the gold will be better used for you to cut troops/builds:( But then again, I think on a different level as the rest of the world and I am seen as odd. So why not open them all, since you are curious:)

DeletedUser

Well I don't know about you but I would put a higher value on 48 hoplites in the first 24 hours of playing on a new world well above halving the construction time of two builds. Capturing farming villages more rapidly at the very beginning can prevent many hours of empty queues and allow a city to establish a better position by the time beginner protection wears off. Or at least that is the way I see it.

DeletedUser

Yes, you still get the troops if bought late. I forget which day, but I missed one unfort. Figured 50 wasn't too bad, so I went for it.

But what Hilop says does have merit. I think players tend to put too much emphasis on the early game. Just pace yourself and do not burn out. You will have more fun. Also, I can't give you an exact date on which presents gave what. Once you buy one what the gift included does not show up anymore. But you get a preview anyways by just clicking on each individual present.