Byebye Troy Externals

DeletedUser30111

Just wanted my own thread to announce my intentions. I'm going into VM for a while and when I come back I'm done with Troy.

We've seen it all in Troy and I guess there was no other ending that would have fit. I'm at peace with the way this has gone down, I'm not happy about it and I have no respect for anyone still in TNE, but I played the best game I could with the best team I've gotten to play with, and I've made my friends and I'm glad that we can continue playing other worlds with our heads held high, that we aren't the ones that have this despicable move hanging over our heads.

Thanks to TNE for making this game fun til the end, I had a congratulations saved if you had beaten us legitimately, but I think I'll hold back on it now

DeletedUser

Sable I just want you know it has been pleasure playing this world with you even though we have never fought directly.

I understand how you are disappointed for not gaining the win here in Troy. No Rules has built their ego's up way to high over the last year and a half for being the largest alliance and bully on the block with your "No Rules" ideology. Pressuring players to join with force and taking in refugee's to become the largest in Troy. Cu-does to you for achieving that goal. This is a strategy of a WAR GAME! In War there are spies and informants (They are the same thing) No Rules had them. Don't lie and say you didn't. Brave Lord was not a planted spy. He approached us a week ago and expressed his wanting to leave your alliance and join ours. This is also a Strategy of war!

You and your alliance have the chance to regain control of the cities we took from you with his jump as we have not yet won. You also have the opportunity to fight and take the next crown for 7 wonders built. Your alliance has 1500 more cities than ours. Put them to use and man up, don't take the cowards move and just leave because your hopes and dreams of a win may be crushed. I expect this from my 9 year old not a group of fighters that have become the largest alliance in Troy.

Why can't you just admit that you were out played? We only did what you and your alliance would have done with your "No Rules ideology" if up against a superior enemy.

But instead you play the pity party card and and try to play on emotions to sway the odds back in your favor by slander of our leaders and calling our win despicable or treachery. You and your teammates quitting the game, threatening ghosting, and going into VM is a cowards move!

I am curious to see your response to a legitimate win. What exactly is that in a WAR GAME?

DeletedUser

you know the part that really gets to me is that of NR being Bully's when TNE or TNR or what ever is calling NR that . since i can remember we fought just about every war together helping each other . there was plenty of times in this game that we were out # by the other alliance's that fought against us .So until the server died down and we had nothing better to other than fight each other you (TNE) might as well consider yourself the bully's also

DeletedUser

Darny you are right. I guess we were bullies then also. I will admit that. And yes we have fought together but had to become enemies in the end to continue this world. I guess that is why you all feel you were cheated. But you weren't. You were out played by a few mistakes that were made.

DeletedUser30967

The bully comments are more about attitude and approach than anything. The bully mentality- not everyone in NR acts like that, but unfortunately, those with the loudest voices do, so the rest of NR gets the label....birds of a feather and all.

You Darny are on of the people there, who unfairly receive the label through mere association, and not your own actions. I know you personally aren't one of the bullies over there, and it is unfair to lump you in the same category as them, just because you're under the same banner.

DeletedUser30111

Steve, you can either claim you outplayed us or that you got lucky in having a member of ours ask to join, you cannot claim both, that is a contradiction

DeletedUser

The way in which it all came together was not just luck though :p
Just because one part was luck, doesn't mean the whole thing was based on luck and luck alone.

DeletedUser30967

Steve, you can either claim you outplayed us or that you got lucky in having a member of ours ask to join, you cannot claim both, that is a contradiction

Sable- luck and skill aren't mutually exclusive. Luck is when an unexpected opportunity and preparation come together. Skill is knowing how to capitalize on 3 things, others mistakes, unexpected opportunities and luck.

Brave Lord wanting to come over to us was pure luck. The way it played out after that, and everything we put into it for the week between when he asked to come over and when he did, was strategy.

The biggest issue here, is you've been led to believe you're playing a game of Risk, where army size and roll of the dice are all that matter, when this is actually a game of chess....we made a move and put you into check, there's no check mate yet, you have a few moves still that can get you out of it, we've merely limited your options. The game is now at a point where you need to play smarter, not hit harder, and it's your move.....

DeletedUser30111

No Mal, it's either pure luck or was a strategy from months ago.

IF it's like you wish for us to believe and BL only came to you a week ago (which is quite obviously not what happened, but I'm willing to go on a hypothetical for now) anyways, if that's what happened, you put absolutely nothing into it, you simply accepted him, and stacked his cities, you didn't convince him to come over or anything, you did not outplay us, you simply got lucky.

But since you actually planted BL, and had him take the opportunity to pick up any WW city he could, even 1, 3 oceans away from where he was positioned, then yes, TR outplayed us, and in the process made your alliance the sleaziest alliance to ever win WW.

DeletedUser30967

And that view my dear, is why you will always think you're playing Risk, and never see it's a chess board....and until you're able to see the difference you'll keep making the same mistakes over and over.

DeletedUser30111

And like I said before, the ONLY mistake we made was trusting our members and thinking our enemies had integrity, and I'm perfectly happy with making that mistake again and again and again.

DeletedUser

And like I said before, the ONLY mistake we made was trusting our members and thinking our enemies had integrity, and I'm perfectly happy with making that mistake again and again and again.

This isn't really true. As soon as we knew brave was coming over, we duped you guys into pushing really hard on colossus rather than the Tomb. We knew we couldn't catch you on colossus, but we only needed to complete the tomb and statue and then the lighthouse and temple were going to fall into our laps. You saw us ahead on colossus around level 7 and went 100% on it, and then when ours hit level 9 you kept it up even though you were significantly ahead of us. All the while, we had shifted our focus to the tomb and statue. You guys have Tarra on your statue island (another mistake) and thus weren't going to challenge us on that. So once we locked those 2 up, it was pretty much game over.

DeletedUser30111

And like I said, we went into that plan with 100% trust in our players, and faith in you to be noble, without BL's treachery any mistake we made is meaningless.

DeletedUser30967

So, when we were approached by BL, we were supposed to tell you, and let you take his cities before he came over? In the name of nobility? I don't think any alliance has done that with any defector they've taken in, in the history of Grepolis. Ever. And the implication we should have done that by telling us we should have been noble is preposterous.

That would be like our saying we expected NR and KA to be true to their word about not merging and be noble and keep a 3 way war at the end on an even playing field for everyone- equally ridiculous and we were smart enough to know you were lying. You're bitter that you amassed a super alliance with the intention of rolling us over, and it didn't work.

DeletedUser30111

What 3 way war? Mal you're attempting to change history too quickly, haha. Everyone knows you're lying now :p

The nobility I'm speaking of is not planting a traitor in our alliance and capitalizing on it at best moment.

DeletedUser30967

How am I lying by saying not merging with KA and making things 3-way would have been the 'noble' thing? You don't even make sense anymore, because an opinion can't be a lie- are you really THAT bitter? But when asked if there would be a merge we were told no- lied to- which isn't very 'noble' :p

We didn't plant a traitor, you really need to get past that, because it flat out didn't happen. But thanks for FINALLY admitting that there was some strategy involved in when we had him come over, by saying we capitalized on it at the best possible moment. We got lucky he wanted to jump, and yes, we capitalized on it with strategy.

DeletedUser

And that view my dear, is why you will always think you're playing Risk, and never see it's a chess board....and until you're able to see the difference you'll keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Quick peep here, sorry for the intrusion but I find both games very strategic, and if anything, Risk is more like Grepolis than Chess if I might say. If he plays by the rules of Risk, jolly well played, at least, assuming he played by those rules effectively..

DeletedUser30967

Could be that Risk has more strategy than I remember....haven't played in over 20 years :D All I remember is rolling dice- chess I play more regular :p

DeletedUser

Well Sable, I guess its a farewell from me and hope you feel better by leaving then fighting.

DeletedUser

I don't know that a 3 way war was ever agreed upon, but there was absolutely discussion about NR and TNE fighting to keep the world fun and then re-joining for WW era. Sable even sent out skype discussions he had with Leopard in the past about this possible arrangement. Somewhere along the way, the lines of communication broke down, and this was never really seriously considered as WW era approached. We had changes in our primary leadership when Mal originally left, and Steve, Dodge, and myself wound up being the primary leaders at that time. Things shifted when Mal came back and some other people have become more involved (AJ-who by the way is awesome and has been the driving force behind our WW efforts). Regardless, NR had decided they were best buddies with KA and took in a bunch of useless KK players (aside from Mr. Sak and maybe 1 or 2 others), and this left TNE to go alone on wonders or merge with TR. If you guys had reached out and said you were wanting us to merge for wonders, it would have been strongly considered and I imagine we would have agreed. There would have likely been about 100 active players between NR and TNE to make it work.

I don't think anyone was planted in your alliance. I think Rad is trying to upset you by claiming this.