Newspaper Byliss maybe daily, or slightly less, news everyone adores

DeletedUser

issue number 3

Today's paper features a interview with Xctmax, of graphic making fame, also a interview with

aussie pete of the assassins, number 1 attacker in the world, and a idiot of the day award (to me)

tomorrow we will have interviews with several leaders of opposing sides, and a more thorough breakdown

of the action.

interview with XTC:

1. How long have you been making artwork for grep and other things?

I started making art for grepo as soon as I found out there is a media section. All together my experience with design about 10 years. I started form MS paint and some other program back on Win 98. After a while i realized that I suck big time and I wanted to make something that people would like so I started educating myself. After a while I realized that this is my niche and I like creating, comes out very easy in me. Once I was bored and decided to go all in for my art class, i spent about 3-4 hours making this nice shaded guillotine. When I gave it to my art teacher she told me not to copy from magazines and gave me a C+ :). After that I never showed up for her class, it was right after lunch time, so my friend and I went to the ocean instead or just cut school period.

2. What program do you use to create them?

I mostly use Photoshop cs6. Sometimes i use Bryce3d to make renders.

3. what is your favorite piece of art you have created?

I do not have a favorite because when I make something it comes out of me in the form on inspiration. I try to create every piece different, with a meaning and put something from me into it.

4. Three headed monster has all but disappeared, care to say anything about what happened?

It was a great alliance, but the lack of central leadership kind of killed it.

5. what do you like about odessey/illiad?

It is a very big alliance with a lot of different people in it. It will sound very banal, but you get to meet different people, talk a little, make new friends.

6. Who is the best player you have ever fought alongside?

I can't really say because I do not have much experience yet. It takes a lot of time to play this game, so anyone who has 10+ cities is good already.

7. Who is the toughest opponent you've ever faced?

As I stated above, my experience is very limited, but it was Wine Dark Sea or something like that. The alliance started as small but organized and then people started flowing into it and created a snowball effect. It was impossible to beat them. For a lot of people it was either join or die...I died.

8. What is your favorite thing about Grepolis?

Nothing really. I kill my free time here. But I do enjoy interaction with people and having team play.

9. Do heavy gold users annoy you?

It is a very controversial question. From one perspective they do, but why? They let us play for free and if they want to pay real doe, that is fine with me. I guess no, gold users don't annoy me, they're just a fact of life.

10. anything else you want to say?

I would like to say hello to my mother, father and grandmother, if they're reading this.

interview with AussiePete:

1. How long have you been playing, what was your first world?

Been playing grepo for 2 years started off in Athens with The Scorpions. have been in the top 1- in every world I have played and No.1 in a few.

2. What do you think gives the assassins an edge over the warlords, and how long do you think your war will last?

You do not expect me to give away our trade secrets, when you yourself will not even nominate which wars RL are fighting and there results.

However, Warlords do have weaknesses. After, those, like myself you played Apollina know that they started there before here, but walked away when it got too hot for them.

3. What do you think is the Warlord's greatest weakness?

That they use illegal tactics and will only be a matter of time before they are found out.

4. Do you forsee a global war with massive pacts on each side?

There will be a number of major back stabbings in this world given the cap size. As people attempt to be in the alliance that wins. Therefore the cap will have alot to say. Great to have pacts, but alot of people are not happy finishing 4th or 5th and not getting the rewards. Whilst some major wars will be fought, it will be not be anywhere near the size as other worlds. This has alot to do with being a revolt world compared to a conquest world.

It is quite clear that at this stage there is one alliance getting a major advantage from the lack of wars. Those fighting wars have to be conscious of this. They cannot afford to let them get to far in front.

5. A lot of people say that byliss is a world full of noobs, do you agree?

There is alot of noobs here. However we all started as noobs, without new people coming to the game, the game would end very quickly and that would be boring. After all across the world about 1,000 players per month are banned. Whilst some of them come back under different names, these are now being found out. After all if you need to cheat in a game to win, you would have more than second thoughts about them in real life. These guys have lost the fun in the game.

6. anything else you want to say?

All have fun. This is what is suppose to be to get away for a few hours from the real world.

today's featured war is between:

RL and Temple of veloth:

I don't generally do our wars, but there was a lot of tough fighting yesterday, we gained 0 cities,

lost 1 cs, however massive amounts of troops were taken out on both sides, will keep everyone updated.

idiot of the day report:
Code:
[font=Courier New][b](2013-10-31 06:11) 5 wing plucker is attacking City of Metal (NateMetal)[/b]
[color=#0000ff]=========================================================[/color]
[b]Attacker[/b]: [b]5 wing plucker[/b] [b]chalna[/b] [b]Reformed Law[/b] Morale: 100% [color=#b50307]Luck: -12 %[/color]
[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/imgdyn.php?size=37&margin=5&type=f&list=A2.B1[/img][img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/ui/pm/acumen.png[/img]
    2    33 
[color=#b50307]    2    33 [/color]
[color=#0000ff]---------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[b]Defender[/b]: [b]City of Metal[/b] [b]NateMetal[/b] [b]Temple of Veloth[/b] City wall: 5 (-0) 
[img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/imgdyn.php?size=37&margin=5&type=f&list=XX.XX[/img]
    ?     ? 
[color=#b50307]    0     0 [/color]
[color=#0000ff]---------------------------------------------------------[/color]
You have not captured any resources.
   [img]http://grepolis.potusek.eu/static/fZ1Z2Z3Z4Z5.png[/img]   [b]Losses[/b]
     2815     4300     2120       47        0 [b]Attacker[/b]
        0        0        0        0        0 [b]Defender[/b]
[color=#0000ff]=========================================================[/color]
[url=http://grepolis.potusek.eu/]Grepolis Report Converter[/url] - ver. 2.2.1 created by Potusek[/font]

meano didn't stay inactive like i thought :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Interesting interviews, Chalna! Keep it up!
There was really a lot of tough fighting yesterday - not only with you, but also with the Warlords.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18223

:eek:

attachment.php

DeletedUser18223

nothing just creating my presence on the externals and saw this wonderful news :)

attachment.php

DeletedUser

next issue monday, won't be able to type
(but all you assassins i will be online) *glares*

DeletedUser

nothing just creating my presence on the externals and saw this wonderful news :)

attachment.php
Hi. I thought you were still on Bellerophon until I saw your post ;)

Hey Chalna I think he is looking for an interview :D

DeletedUser18223

Hi. I thought you were still on Bellerophon until I saw your post ;)

Hey Chalna I think he is looking for an interview :D

lol

im still at belle and wont quit there just trying new stuff here :) lol

anyway not looking for an interview im just messing around this thread

sorry chalna:p

attachment.php

DeletedUser

for me to whine about spam would be hypocritical to say the least.
if you ever change your mind i'll interview ya though.

DeletedUser18223

ok to make this news rooling ok you can interview me :)

attachment.php

DeletedUser

monday is the next issue, so i'll do it soonish, but i'm going mobile pretty soon, so we'll do it later, thanks.

DeletedUser42407

Nice issue, comment about WARLORDS: They have a lot of great players but there leadership is very bad, I am going to tell you that right out.

DeletedUser

this MAY be weekly now, it may not happen at all, cyth is out and it takes up my non byliss time. sorry :(

DeletedUser

Hey Chalna . Now that Cythera has started, how about running an obituary column. Might be some big Ghosts coming up soon maybe ;)

DeletedUser

wish you would keep this newspaper more active! then again this world isn't exactly the most interesting everybody stays within there own alliance no banter on the byliss forums, this is my first proper world where i have gotten a decent start and i'll say it now i won't be joining a speed 1 world again… yawn

DeletedUser

yeh, i quit a couple days ago, speed one sucks to much.

plus i had nothing to do on the newspaper, nothing happens on byliss.