Newspaper Byllis Weekly: Issue #3

DeletedUser42407

Byllis Weekly: Issue #3​
By Jabba

Wars​
I can't say there are a lot of wars going on but there is a few more than last time. Their is a long dispute between Reformed Law and Adeptus due to some insults made during their short time as a pact. Also WARLORDS have not declared war on The Assasins yet but there have been a attacks between them. Terrahawks-a very small alliance has managed to take cities off of Mercenaries and Evolution. Phoenix Reborn seems to be going down hill fast with 2 recent conquers by their former pact The Assassins and WARLORDS has also taken a city from them. Odyssey has taken a city from Centurions as well as Centurions taking a city from The Greek Cities.

Stats​
The Assassins are beating Phoenix Reborn 2-0
The WARLORDS are beating Phoenix Reborn 1-0
Odyssey is beating Centurions 1-0
Centurions are beating The Greek Cities 1-0

My Opinion on top 5 alliances​
1. Odyssey
ABP: 60k
DBP: 10k
Total BP: 75k
Main ocean: 65
Opinion: I used to ridicule this alliance for its low points average but it now has the 2nd highest points average in the top 12. They also have brought up their ABP to #1 in the world. They have taken over Ocean 65-their home ocean-quite easily and there low DBP shows they have yet to be challenged. Not sure what changed here but they are for sure an alliance to reckoned with.
Rating: 9/10

2. Reformed Law
ABP: 45k
DBP: 20k
Total BP: 65
Main ocean: 54
Opinion: Used to be big MRA but have now changed, and have brought up their average points. Based in 54 this alliance won't have an easy life but that will just make them stronger. Losing a few of their bottom members however would not hurt.
Rating: 8/10

3. WARLORDS
ABP: 30k
Total BP: 40k
Main ocean: 45
Opinion: This alliance has the highest points average by more than 1000 points. They used to be good, now that the best players from Cerberus have joined them, they are even better. ABP leaves something to be desired however BP doesn't carry over to other alliances so many Cerberus players have to start from scratch but that also means ABP should shoot up soon. I hate to hold my alliance in such high esteem but we completely deserve it.

4. The Assassins
ABP: 35k
Total BP: 55k
Main ocean: 55
Opinion: This alliance has great potential but they should get rid of a few of their pacts so that they can have a bit more room. They are based in Ocean 55 so they won't be short of action. We will see how they will do.
Rating: 8/10

5. Mercenaries
ABP: 35k
Total BP: 55k
Main ocean: 44
Opinion: The Mercenaries have a few good players but they certainly need to make some changes. First get rid of a few pacts, you need someone to fight and take cities from. Second they should kick out there bottom 10 players, that would get rid of a lot of dead weight. Until they do those things they will be hindered however.
Rating: 6/10

Interviews​

You have a very successful graphics shop in the external forums, what is your key to success?
I really don't know what my key is. I like doing graphic design and everytime I do something I learn. When people order from my shop I try to make every piece of art original and I treat it like I am doing it for myself.

Will you be in this world for the long run?
Well, if I don't get killed by other players, I would like to stick around. I have a life to live and speed 1 enables me to do so.

Did you make your alliances Coat of Arms?
Yes, sir, I did, sir.

How many worlds are you currently playing?
Technically 3, in reality none. I've still got a small handful of cities in Rizinia that I'm keeping an eye on; playing here and then also in Apollonia. Unfortunately my playing time is extremely limited so I've had to switch worlds from my usual playstyle such as Thebes (High speed CQ) to slower speed Revolt worlds. Easier to keep my grubby little hands on my cities.

Do you think this world will last till world wonders?
Honestly? I'm sure it will but worlds that have less competition such as Byllis tend to go into the wonders era with one dominant alliance locked into win that stage; as most of the other alliances are disbanded, merged, or just simply bored. I'm not a huge fan of the settings here but it cater's to my limited playing time.

Are you in this world for the long run?
Well, I'm certainly not lighting up any boards here and I'm not here to dominate for a few months and then fizzle myself out; So hell yeah I'm here for the long run. My friends know that and I'm here to help win one of those cheap dinky little Burger King crowns.

P.S. AoC I tinkle with the seat up; then I leave it up in hopes my girl falls in and I get to hear about it ;)

Are you playing this world seriously?
I am not currently dedicating as much time to this world as to Oropos or Apollonia. However, I will continue playing in this world until someone decides to rim me; that is, if I let them.

You publish an excellent newspaper in Apollonia do you have anything to say for any other Publishers?
Doing a newspaper is not an easy task especially if you are doing it all on your own. When doing interviews not everyone will answer to your questions which can become quite frustrating sometimes. However the most important thing is to not get discourage if things don't go your way.

What do you have to say about your alliance Lone Rider?
When I started on this world I decided that I was only going to play for fun and not get involved with any alliance. Then it occurred to me to send pact requests to all the alliances to see who would accept.

Why is your name spelt wrong?
My name is spelt wrong because I decided to play Grepolis whilst under the influence of Whiskey and it looked OK at the time. Also Whiskey Jack has nothing to do with my liking Whiskey or that my name is Jack. He is a character in a series of books by Steven Erikson, "The Malazan Book of the Fallen". My cities are named after Forts, along the wall in the book / HBO TV series "Game of Thrones".

What world did you win in?
My Crown was won in Upsilon my first World and I was part of the C.D.C. Alliance. Our main enemy in that World was the Bone Headz Alliance, who incidentally took my first ever city and I had to re-start. When the age of Wonders arrived our Alliances joined forces and became The Stonecutters. We built All the Wonders and hence my Crown. I also play in other Worlds. In Zakros I am now a member of Bone Headz. How things change!

Are you in this for the long run?
I believe that our Alliance will go through changes as the World develops but our core is extremely strong and we are capable of winning this World. So, yes. I'm in it for the long term.

Is this your first Grepolis world?
No i played some years before, but just some time (10 Citys max). Then i stopped, and played other games. And for a month i thought it whould be a good idear to start with grepolis again.

What do you have to say about the merge between Cerberus and WARLORDS?
I like the merge of Cerebrus and WARLORDS. I thin we didn´t have enough activ players in Cerebrus to be abel to deffeat some one in this world. But with WARLORDS, we now are so much activ players that we can do some thing in this World. And i belife that the cleaders of WARLORDS are a little bit more expirienced. So i´m happy to be here. Both Alliances have won with the merge.

Is there a friendly competition for #1 spot between you and Nirson?
Yes, he is pushing me because i want get back my rank at first place. But he´s in my alliance so i dont have a problem with beeing the second atm.
We will see who is first in a month. But there is no activ competition right now.

On Next Issue!
-Ocean Control
-Wars
-Stats
-Top 5 player opinions
-Alliance leader interviews
-Anything else you guys want!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43011

3. WARLORDS
ABP: 30k
Total BP: 40k
Main ocean: 45
Opinion: This alliance has the highest points average by more than 1000 points. They used to be good, now that the best players from Cerberus have joined them, they are even better. ABP leaves something to be desired however BP doesn't carry over to other alliances so many Cerberus players have to start from scratch but that also means ABP should shoot up soon. I hate to hold my alliance in such high esteem but we completely deserve it.

Exactly the same just happened to I.R.S otherwise we would be around 14-15k ABP richer, its a good read and much better than your last one (no offence intended)

A nice insight on the interviews as I got the impression a lot of exp players are using Byliss as a "stop gap" until another world opens.

DeletedUser42407

Exactly the same just happened to I.R.S otherwise we would be around 14-15k ABP richer, its a good read and much better than your last one (no offence intended)

A nice insight on the interviews as I got the impression a lot of exp players are using Byliss as a "stop gap" until another world opens.

Yeah I spent a lot more time on this one for sure.

DeletedUser42407

What do you guys want for next issue? Alliance leader Interviews?

DeletedUser

thats a good idea, you should interview the leader of adeptus, and ask him if he is having fun.

DeletedUser

Yeah that would be sweet, Death takes all will do an interview, ranked 15th but we are an up and coming. Just send me an in game message and I would answer a few questions.

DeletedUser

And I wish you still keep the ocean leader section like you did in the last issue but everything is this issue is pretty sweet. keep it up.

DeletedUser

1. Odyssey
ABP: 60k
Total BP: 75k
Main ocean: 65
Opinion: I used to ridicule this alliance for its low points average but it now has the 2nd highest points average in the top 12. They also have brought up their ABP to #1 in the world. They have taken over Ocean 65-their home ocean-quite easily and there low DBP shows they have yet to be challenged. Not sure what changed here but they are for sure an alliance to reckoned with.

I can tell you what changed it's quite simple really it was the coming along of Wekylend he is a genius! btw GREAT job on the newspaper!