Byzantium Contests November

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ok so figured a little bit of time has passed in Byz and things are starting to get rolling.

In here post your nominations for Personality of the Month. Not poster... but personality. I dont like the poster ones as people basically vote for their friends or people they know anyways.

The more people you know the more votes you can get.... here are the rules.

1) No campaigning ingame or in the forums. Players dont want to see spam in thier inbox if they have no idea who the heck you are.

2) No spammage of the forums. If you have entered spam in the forums this is your chance to correct the spam and actually make it a post worth reading.

- Cronus's definition of spam
-- one or two word posts.
-- non contributory posts to the thread TOPIC!
-- double posts (not echo posts) - easilly corrected by editing your previous post and adding the second post to it.

3) You can Nominate 2 people. You can edit your nominations in the post of your original nominations as many times as you like till thread is locked.

Your nominee's must play for the majority of November in this world. If they dont by the end of Nov 26 then they are removed from the nominations.

The winner of this contest wins a title of their choice for the forums so long as it relates to Byzantium.

My second contest is still being worked over but it will be aimed at the best player in Byzantium who doesnt use gold. Gold is a cheap way to get ahead... well at the cost of gold not so cheap way :p but you get my drift. It takes more skill to not use gold than to use gold. When I get the details rounded on this then it will be edited into here for you guys to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. Mike62. I don't always agree with him, but he is very strong in his opinions and beliefs. I respect that. He also is one of the few players that is taking Byzantium forums seriously.

2. EDIT: I was wondering when the mods were going to realize Axe reopened his old account. I'll go with Rising Legacy for my 2nd nomination. S/He is not super active on here (yet), but it seems obvious that they are level-headed and serious about this place.

---Former Nomination---

2. AXE murderer1. Not sure if he is still here, but Axe was a cruical part of this worlds' forum. He ran the #1 premade, IMO, and managed to inject a healthy dose of realism into many spam-ish threads.

DeletedUser21770

^This thread has been open for such a short time, and you're counting NOOBS out already? Really?

1. Mike62. I've not spoken to the guy properly, but I've read his posts and already I respect him and his views on the game. He's also taking this world seriously, which I like.

2. I'd have to say Nintz here I think. Not sure if he plays mind. But anyway, Nintz' dedication to the forum and such has been fantastic since day one. His most recent posts have pushed him ahead of others for me.

DeletedUser

Pick Me im random

fhibner
lynx242 cant spell it properly

DeletedUser

Ima back vote for me i made an awesome premade

lynx242 going by monkeyz gone wild's spelling
Monkeyz gone wild

EDIT:

DeletedUser

ya defo fhib this world was built for noobs

EDIT:

when will this poll be set up if its the 26th of november then there will be most of Byzantium in it

EDIT AGAIN:

lynx242 is through i believe

DeletedUser20217

I like the forums to be used properly as well, so I would have to vote for:

1. Nintz - Never spoken to personally, but seems to have spent a lot of time on the forums.

2. Mike62 - I dont really like him, nothing personal, but talks properly and wants things in here to be run correctly, which I agree with!

DeletedUser

Well considering thats campaigning :p

Lolz is it not a bit to early for this kind of stuff? :/

This nominations are open all month and close on the 26th of November. This gives people a chance to nominate and consider the people they chose.

If someone messes up then the person can change their nominations to get rid of the person who messed up. Its kind of an assessment thread as well on the people in here.

However try and refrain from banter in here as this will mess up this thread and therefore make it harder for me to put up the final nominations.

only the people with the highest amount of nominations on the 26th will be put into the polls.

DeletedUser

- My first nomination goes to Thizzle. Yes, he is angry, jumpy Texan, but he adds a lot of flavour to the forum. Otherwise forum would be a bit boring.

- My second nomination goes to Nintz. For taking responsibility to run milestones thread. Success.

DeletedUser19523

alex 53. very helpful and a great and funny guy. thanks alex, you will win this of nobody else does!

DeletedUser1405

Im going to nominate

Nintz-True to his word and he tries to get things going in the forums

Piratedj- The guy says he doesnt like me and i respect him for his honesty(even though he doesnt no me ) , also the few posts i have read of his ive liked.

DeletedUser20217

I find it strange this is a proper thread, something different, barely no posts, very strange world.

DeletedUser

Sorry because i ask...But wasn't this thered for peoples who had great achievements on Byzantium world?As an leader or player?
This is not about forum activity,at least that is how i think.There are a few players who deserved to be here,i can name more than a few.
Even an unknown player like me should be in here,i have taken my alliance from disaster and bring it to the first place in short notice,good players,organized,good BP average and points average,new pacts,merging project,syncronized attacks,etc...i don't saying that i want to be nominated,but are player in Byzantium who did greater thinghs than me,and i don't see their name here...sorry if i upset somebody.

DeletedUser1405

This thread as far as i see it is for personalities in the forum/game not ingame recruiting.. Your main acheivement to date bud is that you brought together 2 large alliances, yes this is a decent acheivement but wait about 2 months and see where you are then. If you are still top of the pile then you can consider this an acheivment worth mentioning.

DeletedUser

Bugsy Siegel...

I do not deny that you saved the Byzantine Empire/Domino Effect from complete implosion. However, this is a forum personality contest. You don't appear to be too active on the forums, thus you haven't bee nominated.

P.S. Your post almost looks like campaigning... you are cutting it awful close.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with several other people on here - as a newb myself, Mike62 and Nintz have been very helpful and given good advice. The forums and the alliances can look like a bit of a bearpit, and they have provided either direct help, or their other posts have been good at explaining a few things. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.