Byzantium Settings Discussion

DeletedUser5859

yes morale will help newer players but by the time they catch on they will be tired of it and eventually quit.. also there is a world cap on players joining.. we keep hitting the cap.. sooooo why try to get new members if the cap is always being reached? It is a shame to see grepo like this.. o well i will wait.. at least i dont have to bother pouring money into the game for a while

Other than morale the unit speed will hinder development from newer users lol so the morale is kinda losing its purpose.. not to be mean but i see this world die'n faster than any world yet.. but who knows maybe ill be wrong.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I like the settings. However I'm one of the older players who remembers the days without alliance caps fondly. Plus speed 1 is great if you don't have 8+ hours a day to play. As for whether it's the worst settings in 2.0, I say Bah! to you, yes Bah! And another thing! The guy who said something about MMORTS players being unfriendly or something to you I say: some of us love new players. They are still fresh and pleasant and have yet to become corrupted by the constant negative thoughts spewed forth by some forum posters.

DeletedUser

Well if this world caters to new players, I am in... lol

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

DeletedUser12324

the vast majority of grepo players are not like the rest of us who use the forum, most of them are new or not particularly active it seems, so settings like morale and speed 1 suit them. besides, with the last 3 worlds already full it makes sense to release a speed 1 world (which can hold more players).

the morale thing is also not great for the vast majority of us who have been playing a while, but i doubt there will be no more non-morale worlds at all. i just hope that they leave the noobish settings (like these ones) in morale worlds, and when a non-morale word comes out they give it settings for the vets :)

Thats all well and good py' however there are already what 5/6 speed 1 worlds? When will we get something with more than just a difference of alliance cap or morale? When will we get a speed 4 or 5 world?

Whats the point in keep opening worlds that or just similar to others? This is why older worlds are dieing.....

DeletedUser

I know the natural settings choice would have suggested speed 3 or 2. I will try to make it so with the next world. By the rate our servers are filling up we should be launching another server in 2-3 weeks time. However this depends on the activity on Byzantium.

For all the players who don't like the settings, a new worlds will be launching soon. For everyone who likes the settings(like me): Enjoy!

DeletedUser809

Wasn't your reasoning for leaving Omega because you didn't have the time to continue playing? How would a faster world benefit you?

I didn't have the time to play two accounts and Atomos while it did recruit a number of good players was not a premade and so we were spread all over the place not having started at the same time. Now that our alliance from Psi is restarting in Byzantium I will simply focus on this one new account and we're all starting at the same time/direction so everything should work out nicely. It's not the settings we would have liked to be sure but Athens is full so we'll work with it.

oh and just to reply to some of the people criticizing exp'd players who don't like morale - I would have no problem with morale IF it came into effect after the first month to six weeks (depending on world settings). The main problem with morale early on is that when you're playing with only one or a handful of polises a lot of the farms you rely on are inactive polises less than 500 points. These are not active players for the most part and don't require protection and morale doesn't stop them from being farmed. What it does do is punish the most successful/hard working players while players who choose to slow play their points or just aren't as active can clear and farm these polises without any penalty. There is also the ridiculous situation where players with accounts of any size can hide troops in 175pt polises and have them magically fight as if they were behind a level 25 wall which makes spiking massively overpowered and can randomly cause a lot of harm to the accounts of active players.

After the first 4 to 6 weeks most of these polises have ghosted and disappeared. At the same time rim alliances and players begin facing the expansion of the alliances in the core oceans into their oceans. Lastly, the core ocean players for most part no longer need all the inactive farms (although they'll certainly take them where they can get them) as many of their polises are at or near full resource production and their farm villages are all at level 4 or higher and of course there is the basic factor of having the time to do farming for 10 or more polises. That is the time for morale to come into effect and prevent the pacting of core alliances so they can just go and mop up the rim before facing each other. Morale does little to protect noobs early on either as there is just not enough difference in point growth for it to have an effect. I think it's fine if it protects rim alliances and players and gives them time to grow before they have to face the early starters. That can help to keep a world fresh considerably longer so that new rim alliances can start up even 6 weeks or later after server start and have a reasonable chance of success.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5859

I do like speed one cause i don't really have a WHOLE lot of time.. but id be ok with speed 2 as well, i just would not wana be in the core as i know i would not be active enough for that..

imo speed one solves a lotttt of the problems we are trying to address

1. The worlds are filling up VERY fast speed 1 gets the max players in one world

2. Morale caters to new players (and less active ones) a speed one world would do the exact same but without penalizing the players that are putting in money/ playing a BUNCH

the only prob is that extremely active players would not be interested as much in a speed 1..

DeletedUser

i dont really care what speed it is ill still take citys just a bit longer doing i,t besides its not just about how quickly you grow but the people you meet on the way as well.

DeletedUser

Amen to that, QCI ! :) I'll admit I've met some great people playing Grepolis. :)

DeletedUser20764

because of the troop speed, as soon as strog or very active players get a few troops, farming capabilities way out weigh the world speed because the troop speed is high, meaning farming will dramatically boost anyone who can play 8 hours a day massively!!

DeletedUser

Im playing. On this world I wont have to waste too much of my life playing until i get more than 10 cities :) I like the settings personally. We really shouldnt be ranting on grepolis, guys. They offer an incredibly amazing game for free so no matter what the settings we shouldnt be complaining

DeletedUser21392

Yes, but we can always join a new world and rant about this one. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser809

because of the troop speed, as soon as strog or very active players get a few troops, farming capabilities way out weigh the world speed because the troop speed is high, meaning farming will dramatically boost anyone who can play 8 hours a day massively!!

This will be greatly limited by the slow rate of troop production combined with morale. High attrition rates combined with long times to replace the units makes farming a lot less efficient. And after the first 4 to 6 weeks there won't be many farms left anyway with most having ghosted and disappeared. Trying to farm an active player with a 2K polis, who builds troops/walls and uses militia when you have 5 or 10 polises is going to be very expensive. Almost not worth the effort when you'd be better off earning bp off players within your morale range and conquering their polises.

On top of all this update 2.13 is going to make spiking quite an attractive option for messing with enemies who farm a lot because you'll be able to earn dbp while doing it. Spiking a farm at 50% morale means your troops are fighting as if behind a level 20 wall. If the polis happens to have walls as well that's some very efficient dbp production you'll have going.

DeletedUser

it wont be open at that time normally its open 1 Pm and on thats what the last couple of worlds opened at