DeletedUser

Byzantium World Settings:
World speed: 1
Unit speed: 3
Alliance limit: 250
Beginner protection: 6
Morale: Active
Conquer system: Revolt

Possibly the worst settings of all 2.0 in my opinion.

Fingers crossed we can vote on morale next time.

DeletedUser809

agreed. speed 2 would be much better. and the unit speed will make it too easy to expand quickly to the rim leaving little room for rim alliances to succeed if they start any later than 2 weeks into the server.

DeletedUser

@ gadzooks-

Maybe not. The overall world speed will slow everything down. People have to build the units before they can conquer with them you know.

Edit: Wait, it that alliance limt 250?

250?!?

Oh, prepare for the MRAs...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is it just me, or have they been forcing morale onto every world lately?

DeletedUser

Is it just me, or have they been forcing morale onto every world lately?

Yup they have, even though most everyone is asking for a non morale world.
These settings fail IMO, it's a slow world that will be full of mras. I really hope there's a speed 2-4 non morale world that comes out soon, probably won't happen though.

DeletedUser

the vast majority of grepo players are not like the rest of us who use the forum, most of them are new or not particularly active it seems, so settings like morale and speed 1 suit them. besides, with the last 3 worlds already full it makes sense to release a speed 1 world (which can hold more players).

the morale thing is also not great for the vast majority of us who have been playing a while, but i doubt there will be no more non-morale worlds at all. i just hope that they leave the noobish settings (like these ones) in morale worlds, and when a non-morale word comes out they give it settings for the vets :)

DeletedUser

Byzantium World Settings:
World speed: 1
Unit speed: 3
Alliance limit: 250
Beginner protection: 6
Morale: Active
Conquer system: Revolt

Possibly the worst settings of all 2.0 in my opinion.

Fingers crossed we can vote on morale next time.

I agree. I was looking forward to a speed 3. What a shame :(

DeletedUser

Not great but i suppose they need to cater for all players and all levels of ability. Still might be worth a go iv never played on a world with 250 members bet the forums are a hoot lol

DeletedUser

agreed. speed 2 would be much better. and the unit speed will make it too easy to expand quickly to the rim leaving little room for rim alliances to succeed if they start any later than 2 weeks into the server.

Wasn't your reasoning for leaving Omega because you didn't have the time to continue playing? How would a faster world benefit you?

DeletedUser21392

I agree that this may be the worst settings in 2.0. This world will be interesting.. My best guess is that because of the slow world settings, more inexperienced players will join not knowing what they're getting into. The high unit speed combined with 250 alliance limit will cause MRAs to spread across the globe.

This world will be a disaster :(

DeletedUser20492

[rant]wow ... As I mentioned somewhere else, it warms my heart to see the welcome shown for the new players by the experienced players around here.

[whine]It's too slow for me - how am I supposed to attack the new player who hasnt got a clue before they know what they're doing so I can brag about being a tough guy who takes out people who cannot possibly defend themselves if I have to put up with them having a SLIGHT advantage by way of morale! It's not fair! How can I feel like a big man if I don't have people to bully?[/whine]

Now I remember why MMORTS players annoy me.......

Would like to point out, for those who are about to troll this:
IF the company who created this free game for you to play cannot maintain a high level of player numbers, their advertisers pull out, and the game goes away. That would be why they "force" morale. So YOUR fun can continue unabated. Congratulations on a wonderful job of biting the hand that feeds your addiction.

Also, does it occur to none of you that for the above stated reasons, there is a good chance that "they" are DELIBERATELY creating an MRA-friendly world, since MRAs tend to be filled with newer people looking for some assistance from a larger group of people?[/rant]

(see, this is why i don't bother applying for mod positions LOL)

DeletedUser21416

hatsnboots just layed the smackdown
his points are true and yes i do believe we need new players to bring this excitement up and i dont personally like MRA first hand experience but they do provide the assistance to new recruits that veterans dont want to deal with the trouble most of the time

DeletedUser

[rant]wow ... As I mentioned somewhere else, it warms my heart to see the welcome shown for the new players by the experienced players around here.

[whine]It's too slow for me - how am I supposed to attack the new player who hasnt got a clue before they know what they're doing so I can brag about being a tough guy who takes out people who cannot possibly defend themselves if I have to put up with them having a SLIGHT advantage by way of morale! It's not fair! How can I feel like a big man if I don't have people to bully?[/whine]

Now I remember why MMORTS players annoy me.......

Would like to point out, for those who are about to troll this:
IF the company who created this free game for you to play cannot maintain a high level of player numbers, their advertisers pull out, and the game goes away. That would be why they "force" morale. So YOUR fun can continue unabated. Congratulations on a wonderful job of biting the hand that feeds your addiction.

Also, does it occur to none of you that for the above stated reasons, there is a good chance that "they" are DELIBERATELY creating an MRA-friendly world, since MRAs tend to be filled with newer people looking for some assistance from a larger group of people?[/rant]

(see, this is why i don't bother applying for mod positions LOL)

You made some interesting points but they contain numerous flaws. This will help the company in the short term causes. After all sooner or later those new players will get sick of morale like the old veterans here and if their demands are not met, it may result in grepolis losing a vast amount of their customers.

So overall you're wrong in some areas. You are encouraging the Private Limited Company(Grepolis) to damage itself even more by imposing morale which is disliked by the majority of Grepolis players. This will result in many players leaving, damaging the company even more.