Calender Contest = Rig'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20688

Due to my forum rep I was not entered into the calender contest.

Why was I not entered you may ask?

Because of my rep on these forums. My Picture dominated every other photo and didn't get entered and it shows the lack of democracy on this forum, this shows how we are overrun in coruption. Why are you staff not being fair to all and picking on a hero like myself?

- Robin Hood of Grepolis

DeletedUser

Corey ~

Whether or not you agree/disagree with the calendars that were picked is beyond the point. The Community Managers picked the calendars..If you look up all their names not everyone is a rep-star on the forum...and this was an in-game event so why would forum REP be a basis of your argument?

~ Lane

DeletedUser

There were bigger forum stars that made it in the contest, please don't get your panties in a twist. you seem to be complaining a lot this holiday, cheer up

DeletedUser17088

Most importantly you were entered into the calender competition. The submission forums are moderated so no one can see submissions, even their own.

There are hundreds of submissions there along with yours.

Just because you didn't get into the polling stage does not mean you were not considered

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not everyone was even given a fair chance to take part. The submissions were closed off before peacetime even ended. Seems like it only favoured us who weren't doing anything. What about the people who were with their family or VM?

It was soo rig'd. I'm in support of you Corey Goodes whoever you are.

Richard

Strategos
Submissions were only open Dec 24 and 25th, I closed submissions at 00:00 server time (any submissions after this time were automatically disqualified). I had over 1000 submissions for this contest.

DeletedUser18132

Top prize was 3000 gold, so I imagine you would care...

DeletedUser

Submissions were only open Dec 24 and 25th, I closed submissions at 00:00 server time (any submissions after this time were automatically disqualified). I had over 1000 submissions for this contest.

Where was the logic in that?! Oh, here have some peacetime but wait don't take part in our competition and win some gold. That was really unfair to the people were celebrating. It was lieterally closed off right after (what an hour) after Christmas had finished.

DeletedUser23986

peactime is provided so you don't have to worry about attacks. You can still spare 10mins to come and post the calendar.

And i am not a rep star, not very much liked by the community either. Half of my threads get closed.... Yet i am in lead so far.

DeletedUser4013

Richard explained the contest rules quite clearly on several occasions. It was announced both in-game and on the forums numerous times. And when the contest was open for submissions, as Richard said - 100's poured in. Not all were in the correct format when submitted, and it was made clear that they must be in the proper format. Choosing which calendars were more visually appealing than the rest was no easy task and took many hours of comparing and scrutiny.

Please remember that Grepolis is more than just this forum, it is all of the many players who are in-game enjoying the game.

P.S. - If it was a rigged contest, then how would Hasan Naqvi with all of his criticism of the Mods and Inno make it into the voting stage?

DeletedUser20688

Hasan Naqvi isn't even half of the forum bad boy I am

You should visit Actium more

DeletedUser23986

I don't think it was done on that basis, otherwise my entry could never be chosen and that too as calendar 1. In that case, it would be mostly mods, ex-mods, and some very reputed players' entries which would be chosen.

DeletedUser

Top prize was 3000 gold, so I imagine you would care...

Two quotes come to mind... words of wisdom from two men learned in the ways of this world....

its good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

- George Horace Lorimer

Money Talks,
But it don't sing and dance....
And it don't walk.
- Neil "Fruitcake" Diamond

You did:cool:

Did the managers forget to send you the info about the rooster parade? Those who dropped the ball will be punished for their actions(or shall I say lack of)

Don't hurt them... but make them "git it dun"!

Another parade would be sweeet.... the one Macy's throws for me every year is getting lame.

DeletedUser23986

Good quotes i would have to say. But winning in a comp, shan't hurt others.

DeletedUser

Gordopolis would never stand for this!! Oh wait he would.

Betsy!

DeletedUser

I don't think it was done on that basis, otherwise my entry could never be chosen and that too as calendar 1. In that case, it would be mostly mods, ex-mods, and some very reputed players' entries which would be chosen.

Mine didn't get chosen either..and I thought it was pretty and blue. :p LOL

DeletedUser

I think someone's just looking for attention...

Competitions are not rigged. If Richard says there were over 1000 submission, then there were over 1000 submission. To choose 10 out of that many was probably incredibly tedious and tiresome for them. Poor guys. I remember a long period of time when competitions didn't exist and when they did start getting introduced, offering so much free gold would never have been permitted. For players to have the opportunity to participate in so many different ones today, for the reward of huge amounts of gold, is a wonderful gift from this grepolis team. Stop your whining and grow up, this game is a lot bigger than your fragile little ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.