Calling all Vets

DeletedUser52079

@timothy dewey About that even discussion is odd. As I remember Grepolis gained award of game of the year in 2012 and never afterwards, so it explains everything by itself. It definitely was way much better in the past than now, when game can be radically changed by all these tools, gold tradings, so frequent events and so on.

@VonL That's the alliance where I reached best results during my 7+ years being here and that's the alliance which raised me and taught all about this game. So I really miss those times and good old team mates.

Thats the world where I lightningbolted a member of infectious state until he payed me ransom :D
I had 20 cities at the time and felt it was time to take on a guy with about 100 :D

DeletedUser24785

Well by 'when you started playing' i consider vets to be back before so many events, INNO lost a lot of old players when they brought too many events in.
Alpha up to sinope i'd probably consider an old player or Epsilon. Hence vet. status.

Pro-Grep

Strategos
Well by 'when you started playing' i consider vets to be back before so many events, INNO lost a lot of old players when they brought too many events in.
Alpha up to sinope i'd probably consider an old player or Epsilon. Hence vet. status.

Not sure if this was said towards me, but I started on Gamma before joining in Xi.

DeletedUser55362

Ofc, but even for the "vets" there's a difference for the ones who started with 4 gods, 5 gods, 6 gods, heroes...

In your post you could be talking a about a difference of 3/4 years or more, it depends from where you started playing, like i said above.

DeletedUser24785

well if you consider yourself a vet , thats good enough for me, not what i'm discussing, i just asked if the games gone downhill in peoples views.

DeletedUser16512

think there is some good and bad updates
Heros - good
farming - Bad
gold - Bad it was fair back at the start, we could only use it for advisors

DeletedUser52860

I'm by no means a vet but have been around for a while (since Bylis). This was before heroes and insta-complete and from memory the events were few and far between, normally limited to Christmas, Halloween, etc. I always though it was better but a few months ago I dipped into I think it was bellerophon (which is all the old settings) and realised I prefer a lot of the current gameplay more.

DeletedUser55362

There was a point where there was only 4 gods ? which was the fifth ?

Hades :)

think there is some good and bad updates
Heros - good
farming - Bad
gold - Bad it was fair back at the start, we could only use it for advisors

I agree with everything, heroes was really good thing they "stole" from Tribal Wars. Who doesn't love Aristotle
tpeace.gif

DeletedUser48681

I've just re appeared after a gap of about 2-3 years, just see how things are going, played for about 4 years before that. We were runnners up in Lamia to the Barbs. looked around the alliances and dont recognise any names at all. There used to be a Dutchman (Eric) around who spent huge amounts of gold and I seem to remember he got banned for something or other and decided to take the game owners to court. I've played under two different account names in the years including this one

TobiramaSenju

Phrourach
I've just re appeared after a gap of about 2-3 years, just see how things are going, played for about 4 years before that. We were runnners up in Lamia to the Barbs. looked around the alliances and dont recognise any names at all. There used to be a Dutchman (Eric) around who spent huge amounts of gold and I seem to remember he got banned for something or other and decided to take the game owners to court. I've played under two different account names in the years including this one

Go to rankings , highest grepo score and you'll see the people who've played on a bunch of different servers

DeletedUser22115

Go to rankings , highest grepo score and you'll see the people who've played on a bunch of different servers
Greposcore doesn't mean much as it didnt exist back in gen 1. And there wasn't nowhere near as many awards back in gen1.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yeah Greposcore can't be used to accurately reflect older players had the most experience. All of the kill X troop while attacking/kill X troop while defending and I believe the hero leveling ones/use coins of wisdom and war awards couldn't be given out since there was no way to import that data from the old gen 1 worlds. I've got tons of old awards from Gen 1 worlds but my Greposcore doesn't reflect it.

DeletedUser27793

Daizan's alliance was called Project Venom iirc. that was a fun world for sure
Two players in Order of chaos were especially hard to deal with Lord Hakkon and I kinda forgot his name it starts with an R.
The end was boring though with SHIELD and TGR Survivors holding hands until the end

DeletedUser54895

erikwijmeersch?

DeletedUser14786

Well it's certainly fun to look back and reminisce on old worlds, old battles and old enemies. I also recently returned from 3.5 years away and very few people recognized me when I came back. That's ok - just a reminder that life moves on. Nice to see some old faces here.

I played:
En6
En11
En38
En61
Joined for first month of fun on:
En14
En19
En25
En77

Last edited by a moderator: