Calling all Vets

DeletedUser14437

Did this for Epidamnos a few months back, thought I'd do it again to learn more about the world. How long have you been playing for (on current account or alternates)? I started back in Epsilon, quit around the release of Pi, and have come back several times off-and-on since then. How about all of you?

DeletedUser54745

I started in US Pella which I believe was in 2014. I was 14 then lol. Didn't start playing EN until en87 i believe or whichever world dimale was :D. Was off and on the game for a bit but have been playing for about 2 years straight now. Some of my most recent worlds have been en97 Pagasae I was on Make Grepo Great Again. I am also a part of the Invicta/Victrix premade of en103 and 108.

DeletedUser56087

I started this world. Been enjoying it since it started! I identify as a vet tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Pro-Grep

Strategos
Playing since 2011, First world i played was Gamma, but didn't play there too long, 1st world where I started and played until the end was Xi, but in 1st and 2nd Generation worlds I played under name of Grandaizer, than took some break from Grepolis and for last 3 years I'm playing Grepolis actively again, but under Pro-GreP nickname (well I lack creativity so..
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
).

DeletedUser14437

Also at the start there were all those super spammy and sketchy links and surveys you could take to get gold! Those were the days. I'll never forget the garbage that 14 year old me put on my dad's computer trying to get 25 gold :D

DeletedUser39931

i started playing 2012 you know when a manti nuke was a rare thing to see.
lost interest for a while due to your gold level being more important than your skill level but thought id give it another chance

DeletedUser54965

i remember the fun of building a manti nuke before favor farming
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif

DeletedUser39931

i remember the fun of building a manti nuke before favor farming
smiley_emoticons_grepolove.gif
the fun wasnt in building one that took forever
the fun was in unleashing it and imagining the other players face when it hit

DeletedUser10850

Yeah I too started in Epsilon (EN5 for those who are newer). Came back from my 3rd(?) break from the game. I was 12 and sucked...now I'm 20 and still suck. I was top 15 defender in US9 if that counts? lol I wish they would take out the instabuy for troop recruitments and have the 100 gold for 50% or whatever it was. Also morale was and still is terrible (yes there was a time where morale was not even a mechanic in the game).
This new domination mode seemed promising but after looking at what happened in EN110, well all I can say is hopefully this world doesn't turn out like EN110...

DeletedUser14437

Yeah I too started in Epsilon (EN5 for those who are newer). Came back from my 3rd(?) break from the game. I was 12 and sucked...now I'm 20 and still suck. I was top 15 defender in US9 if that counts? lol I wish they would take out the instabuy for troop recruitments and have the 100 gold for 50% or whatever it was. Also morale was and still is terrible (yes there was a time where morale was not even a mechanic in the game).
This new domination mode seemed promising but after looking at what happened in EN110, well all I can say is hopefully this world doesn't turn out like EN110...
Oh god I wasn't around in EN110, what happened??

DeletedUser56134

I have played since 2010 first world beta. Main world after that was eta as Lefty2Guns, then moved into Pi and a few other worlds as Icedaka101 and now flamegun11

DeletedUser14437

Hmm he is upset. I guess he doesn't understand that the post/forum is literally to say who you are and what worlds and accounts you played under.
Hahahaha no worries mate, I'm glad you answered. You actually happen to be near me ingame as well o_O Glad to have you here :)

DeletedUser54235

Have been under alot of different names, usually based around Poseidon or Socrates
First world started "seriously" in Iota (en9) but was in Alpha. So guess I was like 11 or 12 wow..
First world played until finish was Sigma(en18), didnt really play as much but entered a few worlds but quit after a month or two not sure where, just been around on and off for years... does anyone else remember the Speed World that was around for like a day? pretty sure I had to grind the surveys so i could enter lol

Game isn't the same anymore, but money is the reason why the game is still around... Still believe it can be successful better balance though. Gold doesn't always win but does really help... If two alliances/players of equal skill are fighting, unfortunately the depth of their pockets is the decider.

Happy to see so many returners, hope y'all are enjoying the end of the year.