Can units be disbanded?

DeletedUser

Once built, is it possible to simply disband units to get rid of them? Playing my first game of Grepolis, I have come to the conclusion that some of my early troop building choices were poorly concieved, and now I have units on hand taking up farm spaces that aren't really good for anything.

I realize that it is possible to get rid of troops by mounting a deliberately hopeless attack against an enemy city, but I consider this undesirable as it will grant the target unneccesary battle points. And on my current island, there are no enemies, so I'd have to risk troop ships in a naval expedition.

DeletedUser

If you haven't conquered the last farming village yet you can suicide your troops into the FV on the island.

DeletedUser

If you haven't conquered the last farming village yet you can suicide your troops into the FV on the island.

[face palm] Uhm, thanks Asth. As soon as I get over feeling like an idiot I'll go splatter these useless guys against the FV 8 city wall.

Yet another reason not to commit the troops to conquering FV 8...

DeletedUser

To be honest, I don't really get what you meant by your response lol.

DeletedUser

I think he meant that suiciding them against the eighth farming village is such an obvious choice that he should have thought of it.

DeletedUser

What if you sent the "useless" troops to support an inactive city, and then sent some good offensive troops to attack that same city, would your supporting troops be killed by your incoming offensive troops?? If so, would you get BP??

DeletedUser

Yes of course it is used... Many alliance leaders create guides on the subject, and some go as far as forcing policies on it. It's not really cheating, since you have to build the troops to kill them anyway... though some factions of the forum would frown upon it... but most of the people that will flame it on the forums use this sort of thing themselves anyway.

DeletedUser

It's a viable method of getting rid of troops but it really isn't a practical or efficient method in terms of generating CP, and thus slows down progression. You're better off attacking others, defending allies and running festivals.

DeletedUser

Attacking other players is by far the most efficient form of generating CP, seeing as it can provide you with both BP to run Victory Processions, and resources to run City Festivals (or Theatre Plays, if you're that way inclined).

DeletedUser

What if you sent the "useless" troops to support an inactive city, and then sent some good offensive troops to attack that same city, would your supporting troops be killed by your incoming offensive troops?? If so, would you get BP??

That almost makes sense, in a twisted sort of way. You have an army of new spiffy troops with the latest weapons, but want to train them (aquire BP, in game terms). So you send them to fight some old outdated guys who are no longer useful on the modern battlefield. To optimize the training realism, you have them fight to the death. To keep from outraging the populace, you have them fight near some foreign city where your citizens won't witness the bloodshed...