Can We Scrap This End Game Now?

DeletedUser10295

so you keep saying dan
but if they don't fix issues, no one will come back ever
Yup--I avoided WW servers for years, since they suck so bad... went to olous with friends, experienced the WW fiasco YET AGAIN.

Grep is a great game until WW era starts. Then it becomes a tedious bore.

DeletedUser41523

so you keep saying dan
but if they don't fix issues, no one will come back ever

Getting rid of the wonders fixes all the issues everyone complained about here and it removes 2 months of bickering on top of that. Here's a timeline of things that don't happen as a result of WW.

1) Nobody leaves OWS over wonders and throws their wonders under the bus.
2) Nobody leaves OSG over wonders and throws their wonders under the bus.
3) Nobody leaves Quad over wonders and throws their wonders under the bus.
4) Half the debating doesn't happen since a lot of it was the result of people realizing they're going to lose wonders.
5) Nobody has to build a wonder. Top issue with wonders for most people.
6) Nobody is really salty with Olous if these aren't a thing. Instead anyone relevant to this world is salty due to the results and abuses of a bad end game.
7) The wars of Olous actually mean something still. Now they don't as everyone is checking out where they wouldn't be without a winner declared.
8) There's no more need to complain about an end game revamp or struggle to make and implement one if we return to the original grep premise. Building an empire.
9) Mass pacting goes down as a result too. Since nobody needs to mass favor farm or ship res anymore.

These are just the ones off the top of my head.

Coxwana

Phrourach
I wanna have a speed 2 troop speed 3 100 cap morale inactive server.
All founders agree not to build a ww when ww era starts. Flat refusal by all alliance heads. And you fight it out.

Someone breaks agreement, rest of server against that alliance.

Ww's are a thing because we build the damn things. If we refuse, how can they make you?

The alliances go head to head.

DeletedUser54792

I am fine with an endgame of some sort, but WW just seems... anti-climatic. It is boring, tedious, and brings out the worst of Grepo. Giant-coalitions are a bad way to end a war game. I can't blame you guys for working the system, it is the system that is the problem. Whether you win or lose, WW just seems bad.

I like the idea of it being a territory control endgame. I just don't know how that would work, how would you go about establishing control of an area with so many rocks and open anchors. Seems like a few well placed and supported turtles could slow down the endgame.

Last edited by a moderator: