Can you support a conquested city with myth units?

DeletedUser8250

Question : Can I support a city I plan to conquest with my myth units or does that rule about matching myth units still apply?

What happens if I sent the myth unit on the transport anyway ? Does the ship itself turn back or does ALL support turn back? Or does the game won't let me send the support in the first place?

DeletedUser

when you send myth units to a city you want to support and the city does not worship the same god as the myth unit then all the support with the myth unit will return(you will recieve a report about it).

don't know if the rule applies for ghost cities.

DeletedUser

if you send the myth units with the CS, they will stay in the city regardless of what the city worships

DeletedUser

Question : Can I support a city I plan to conquest with my myth units or does that rule about matching myth units still apply?

What happens if I sent the myth unit on the transport anyway ? Does the ship itself turn back or does ALL support turn back? Or does the game won't let me send the support in the first place?
basically, just to combine the two above, you can't support a city with myth units from a different god to the one being worshipped in that city, but any myth units you sent with your CS will stay in the city to defend your siege.
e.g. the town you want to conquer worships zeus and you send a CS with medusas to attack the city. if your CS lands then the medusas will stay to defend your siege even though it's a zeus city. now, if you sent 2 waves of support to your siege - 1 wave of pegusi and 1 wave of minotaurs, then the pegusi (and whatever was sent with them) will NOT land, but the minotaurs would land and defend your siege.

if you try to support a city with incorrect myths (e.g. sending medusas to a town which worships zeus) then your entire support wave will return home after arriving and you'll get a report telling you something about your support not being able to land.

DeletedUser22822

One thing I don't get -

1. I conquer a city using Hera and I send Medusas'
2. I sent a wave of land support including more Medusas' from another city

So the conquest city (#1) stays but wave two turns around even though if the conquest is complete, the city will automatically worship Hera.

Is this true? If so, then I don't think it is logically correct. Basically if I can conquer a city with a different myth, the idea here is that the temple (under conquest) should be converted to conquering god as soon as the conquest begins. Any other supporting god should be rejected.

DeletedUser

One thing I don't get -

1. I conquer a city using Hera and I send Medusas'
2. I sent a wave of land support including more Medusas' from another city

So the conquest city (#1) stays but wave two turns around even though if the conquest is complete, the city will automatically worship Hera.

Is this true? If so, then I don't think it is logically correct. Basically if I can conquer a city with a different myth, the idea here is that the temple (under conquest) should be converted to conquering god as soon as the conquest begins. Any other supporting god should be rejected.
if the city you are trying to conquer doesn't worship hera then your 2nd wave will be returned, but the conquest attack (including medusas) will stay to defend the siege. while you have the city under siege it will continue supporting the original god (your medusas only stay by default as they were part of the conquest attack), it will only convert to hera once the siege ends and the only myths in the city are hera myths. this is probably because of the chance that a siege will be broken, in which case the original god should still be in place (but that's just speculation)

DeletedUser20429

if the city you are trying to conquer doesn't worship hera then your 2nd wave will be returned, but the conquest attack (including medusas) will stay to defend the siege. while you have the city under siege it will continue supporting the original god (your medusas only stay by default as they were part of the conquest attack), it will only convert to hera once the siege ends and the only myths in the city are hera myths. this is probably because of the chance that a siege will be broken, in which case the original god should still be in place (but that's just speculation)

Gods don't change in a new city. You must change it yourself. That's from my experience but if I am wrong then please do tell but whenever I conquered a city in Conquest using myths and other units the original god stayed until I changed it. Once the siege was over my units left.

DeletedUser20429

Righty oh then. That must have been me or a glitch. I am betting on me lol. Thanks Pyth.

DeletedUser22822

That's what I thought but logically, under siege, I control the temple as well. It should be converted back once broken.

Most of the myths (accept for conquest busters like Harpies and Manticore) are better defenders per pop than attackers than the cheaper soldiers. So I don't really use most of them.

Just my opinion but now that you have verified this, I have no reason to build them unless I have cities in enemy territory which would be supported by Myth from safe cities. The cities close to the enemy would be my conquest/attacking cities.

DeletedUser

I see a potential issue here. If a successful Conquest attack takes place that includes mythical units, and the mythical units are allowed to remain as part of the occupying force for the duration of the Conquest, then any mythical units attached to the same God should also be allowed to support that Conquest. It simply doesn't make sense for 8 medusa to be allowed to participate in a Conquest and then send harpies or medusa that arrive as support home.

DeletedUser23986

^ this :p

unless things have REALLY changed without me knowing!

^this :p

I do remember that it got changed. Gods do not get automatically assigned now. It used to be that some years back, but no longer...