Canadian Gold Prices

DeletedUser42407

Recently the price of gold was increased for Canadians and I am wondering why by so much.

Lets compare to the US
Currently 1 CAD=0.72 USD

CAD Price for 20,000 gold=$120
USD Price for 20,000 gold=$80

120/80=0.6666... which is less than 0.72, the current conversion rate.

This just really turns me off buying more gold especially the 20,000 gold I mean a $20 dollar increase is fairly substantial.

Just my two cents as a moderate Canadian gold user.

DeletedUser43811

Its the same for us in the UK, wondering when I will get a similar pay rise to cover this increase.

I thought inflation was ZERO or just above - so who is getting this extra money from those who spend gold.

DeletedUser48257

Exactly in UK the prices are too inflated, it would be great to have equal or near equal conversion rates , it would increase the incentive to purchase gold .

DeletedUser42857

Canadians are overpaying now to make up for the fact theyve been underpaying for years.

And american based grepo players have been switching to canadian dollars before purchasing

Just pay in US Dollars instead, use paypal, no conversion charge. Everyone pays the same. Simple.

DeletedUser42407

Canadians are overpaying now to make up for the fact theyve been underpaying for years.

And american based grepo players have been switching to canadian dollars before purchasing

Just pay in US Dollars instead, use paypal, no conversion charge. Everyone pays the same. Simple.

You may have a point there.