Cancelling Trades vs. Colony Ships

Which of the 2 ideas would you like to see implemented?

• Cancelling Trades

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Colony Ships

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Improvements​

Cancelling Trades vs Colony Ships

and for the lazy :p however u will miss out on reading the discussion
Proposal
You should be able to cancel trades at the market. Also, a warning will come up before the trade is accepted.

Reason
Have you ever gone to the market and accidentally accepted a trade, or forgotten about the delivery time so you just lost resources in a trade for nothing? With this idea implemented this problem would be gone.

Details
It will be much like much like cancelling troops. You hover the cursor over the trade drop down menu and at the bottom right of where the trade is, there will be an X. If you click it the trade will be cancelled and you will receive 90% of your resources back (applies only to the player who cancels the trade) if clicked within 10 minutes, after 10 minutes you will not be able to cancel the trade. In addition to this there will be a warning sign, when you click on a trade it will come up with a message saying 'Are you sure you want to trade xxxx resource you are giving for xxxx resource being received.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
Cancelling effects both players involved in the trade. The player who cancels the trade will forfeit the 5% to the other player, who will recieve their resources back entirely, and forfeit a further 5% which will be destroyed. The resources that are sent to the original offerer will affect the trade capacity to prevent a trading abuse.
Proposal
To let colony ships have 75 hours in conquering range

Reason
The problem is that colony ships currently are not allowed to conquer cities more than 48 hours away, which is frankly too near our current cities to be very exciting for use in the game.

Details
Quite simply, extended range for colony ships to take a empty city. If it's got no
troops, then colony ships should be allowed to conquer the city.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
-this would only be for conquers to avoid colonizing where no one is located, cannot go beyond the rim (JKP3nt)
-would make it easier for rimmed players to rejoin their former alliances (Pythagorus)
These ideas are now up for a vote. The poll will be open for 2 weeks. (closes june 29th)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why this poll?..

I dislike both ideas and wouldn't want to see them both. Now I can't vote :(

DeletedUser

then try to make it a draw. colony ships is losing so vote for that

DeletedUser2795

why can't we just have a poll for each of these individually?

DeletedUser

Its like asking would you rather be struck by a car or a truck?

Perhaps opening a poll for each individually will produce more accurate results.

DeletedUser

i do not like the old way of voting for improvements. this was a failed attempt at trying something new and original. i was told to have 1 poll per 2 weeks (i am doing 2 per 2 weeks) and this was a way to make sure that something would definitely be sent to the devs (being that the one with the higher percent will pass, no matter how much higher it is).

i will however take any suggestions via vistor or private message (just click my sig). however the two suggestions i probably wont take into consideration are: going back to the old way, and giving each improvement their own poll. i tried to pair things up by one with very good feedback and one with very bad feedback, trying to see if the one with the good feedback gets the more votes or not.

DeletedUser

Phoenix, I really like the versus polls. Keep those.

But I'm lacking an explanation on how the system works. If say colony ship win this one how would we know it got 75% yes-votes? To enable that it'd be a complicated poll though. :D

DeletedUser

the one that passes is the one that gets the higher percentage, now it does not mean the other failed, it just means that i wont be put up to vote.

also the thing is i pushed for two polls so i dont want to make it more than that, or make it possible for 3 to pass. we dont want to stress the devs with too many ideas because they might look at the ideas of the passed month and say "ok which one of these can we realle make work?" and then all the others would get pushed aside. (since i dont know their process i do not know wats best to do, so i want to keep it safe this way)

DeletedUser

So if I put up an idea that every thread in the ideas forum automatically get sent to the devs you'd disagree? :D :p

DeletedUser

cancell'ng trade may be good but colony ships are not good I think
In iota ocean 57 is TDC are and I don't want 30-40 cities to be constructed

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I vote Colony ships,

Unlike some... I need 75 hours to move down to the battlefront as I'm not on the frontline in Eta.

DeletedUser

I think that colony ships is a good Idea. I am in a fairly small alliance and my members are all settling on this one big island and it's just barly out of my reach. I would definenty like to join them on that island.

DeletedUser18366

I vote CS'. It makes it easier to get back to your alliances.

DeletedUser2795

are people just voting 50/50 to prevent either idea from passing? Not that I love either one that much :p

Status
Not open for further replies.