Pending Cannot use Grepolis across Firewall

DeletedUser

Cannot access Grepolis after succesfully logging in and Selecting the world By Byllis across firewall after latest update, Tried Chrome, IE, Firefox. Cleared Cache,Cookies and History, Still Cannot access. After Enabling HTTP Trace, Found that Firewall is blocking game.js with 403 Virus Found. Checked in a Machine which is outside firewall and its indeed working. Firewall is blocking as Virus "MGW: Heuristic.BehavesLike.JS.Unwanted"

DeletedUser

Hello MoneyRules,

You may want to try contacting your Firewall provider regarding this issue. If your provider is McAfee then it seems this issue reoccurs often. You can also try manually "white listing" the Grepolis URL as I can assure you InnoGames does not contain any malware or suspicious material of the like. But then again to be 100% certain I would contact your Firewall provider.

DeletedUser

Mako,
Thank you very much for checking this issue, Indeed Vendor(McAfee) has mentioned this cannot be ignored and asked to Check with Hosting Application and its Code. As of white listing its not possible. As of now, Got below Options,

a. Not to Play Grepolis within Firewall
b. Or Not to Play at all.

Personally, Would prefer to Stop Playing

DeletedUser

White listing Grepolis is simple and a possible solution to your problem. It will allow you to play the game yet keep McAfee open.

Hope you reconsider your decision.

DeletedUser

Mako,

I would love to Play this Game, But I don't have access/privileges to White Listing Firewall, So will continue to Play only when Iam outside firewall.

DeletedUser

I have the same problem. I would expect that the vast majority of people who play here will not have administrative privileges to their office firewalls. Perhaps someone from Inno should contact McAfee.

If I can only login from home, I do not believe I will be able to properly keep up with the game.

DeletedUser

Use a proxy, you should be able to bypass your firewall this way.

DeletedUser

Is there any further information on this issue?

This problem has occurred before and been resolved -- the thread discussing it is here:

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?45985-Unable-to-Log-In

It indicates that something in the updated game code is triggering the virus alert.

The problem is definitely that Grepolis is being blocked by McAfee. I do not have access to change the firewall settings at work, and I imagine very few people do. Nor do I believe that I am the only one, but most people won't say anything. Many many players log in from work and while our employers are kind enough to allow us to use the internet in a reasonable way during breaks and downtime, there is no way they are going to change their firewall software to accomodate a game. I suspect it would also be frowned on to try to 'bypass the firewall' as suggested above.

McAfee is a common and popular product and I believe it is up to Inno to contact them and get this false positive problem resolved. As I have said before, if I cannot log in from work, I will no longer be able to play this game as it requires checking in multiple times per day for short periods to keep up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello. This issue has been logged with the development team and they are currently working on it. Apologies once again for the inconvenience caused.

DeletedUser

A few days after my last post, the problem went away. However, now I am experiencing the same issue again after the latest update.

This is now the fourth time an update has caused this problem and it is quite disruptive to my game play and enjoyment.

Please let me know if any one is working on this now.

Thanks!

DeletedUser27700

We have reported this again, however it would be faster to just green list our website on your firewall settings.