Newspaper Carphi Chronicles~Issue IV

DeletedUser46838

Note Before Reading: Instead of making this newspaper every 2 weeks, I'm making it weekly. I hope this decision is well supported by the Grepolis Community

D71RpGx.png

By Rock5(IGN:Americanmercenary2)
Table of Contents
  • Update
  • Interviews
  • Tavern Rumours
  • Wheel of Fortune

Updates

Unwritten LegacyThe Core

Final BossAnunnaki

SERPENS SICARIIKingdom of Heaven

I.C.KSilent Dragons

ANONYMOUSOrganized Chaos

Apophis RisingMonkey Business

Exploit GunsGolden Potatoes

DauntlessSplinter Cells

Interviews
Kagetora Nagao
Unwritten Legacy

What are your thoughts on the world so far?
Kagetora Nagao said:
It's good and bad. It does have plenty of familiar faces, but unfortunately it isn't as populated as I would've expected it to be. But it's still a decent world that is developing and I can see that it has potential.
Recently Unwritten Legacy(and it's academy) have taken many cities from The Core. Have you declared war on them?
Kagetora Nagao said:
Well, I'd hardly call it a war, it's just 3-4 players against those guys, and yet somehow they're not quite holding up well. They're part of the massive gigantic MRA coalition :D
It's been 1.5 months since the world started. Is Naji still enforcing the "You must give resources to the supreme dictator" rule?
Kagetora Nagao said:
Oh it became worse now, I'm not 100% sure as I joined a week late, however the resource policy became mega LTS and clearance policy, we have to buy him the CS now and clear the cities while he lands them.
Both Unwritten Legacy and it's sister alliance are almost full. Is the leadership planning to make a third alliance?
Kagetora Nagao said:
Yes, our third alliance is Crasy Man Fightar led by Croatian Lover.
To end this interview, who is your hero?
Kagetora Nagao said:
Croatian Lover of course!
Socrates357
The Horde

Socrates357 said:
It has gotten of to a pretty slow start. I like the alliance cap of 40, I make sure that there's no slackers in the alliances and I really like that!

So far it looks like Unwritten Legacy will be dominating the world, Like they usually do... I don't like the look of Admiral Naji and Digital Mystikz being together either.

The top two alliances being pacted makes thing slower and it makes it a bit more boring. But I hope it will speed up soon.

Again the world has gold based theme, I don't like that.
Have you declared war on any alliance yet? If so, what is the score?
Socrates357 said:
We have been attacking GOW, we have taken a few of their cities and are yet to loose one. I believe thatSERPENS SICARII have been taking most of the cities and points and that they are trying to defend themselves from them. Never the less it's still looking good.
What are your goals for this world?
Socrates357 said:
Obviously as an alliance we are aiming to win, as every good alliance should. We will also aim to stay together as an alliance until end of the world. Also be the in the top 3 alliances for BP
Personal goal would be as always: get into the top 100 for points and 50 for BP
To end the interview, who is your hero(Can be either ingame or in real life)?
Supafletch
12vs200

supafletch said:
The world is by far one of the biggest hugging sessions I have seen so far.

Gone are the days of "if it's not blue or green"

The world seems to only see through blue and green tinted glasses.
What are your thoughts on the alliance cap of 40?
supafletch said:
A 40 alliance Cap is perfect for tight control of an alliance but also means that one or two inactive players can really give the rest a headache if other alliances pick up on it.

I personally dont mind playing anything up to 100 cap however as we all know the more members = more problems.
Have you declared war on anyone yet? if so, what is the score?
supafletch said:
Essentially we are going going to target anyone that isnt us, war no but everyone is a valid target.
There seems to be a lot of internaling going on. Why is that?
supafletch said:
We waste no time with players that seem to think they can hide under the banner of an alliance and do nothing to help it.

Inactivity is something we detest so nil sympathy is shown.
Are you planning to merge into another alliance in the near future or are you planning to sticking together to the very end?
supafletch said:
We will not merge, we shopped around too much already and realised that only a few alliances can live without Green in their life.

Our alliance compromises of who want to fight and dont want a huge hugging session.
Have you played with your current members in past worlds or did you recruit them in Carphi?
supafletch said:
Most are players ive known or fought in previous worlds, namely Gela and Thebes with some from the .US servers.

Very few are players met in Carphi.
To end the newspaper, who is your hero and why?
supafletch said:
Orpheus of course (gotta love that double CP ) I wake up every morning and think of him.
Phil Dunn
Ace of Spades

phil dunn said:
A bit slow to start but things are starting to warm up I think. Everyone is trying to secure their own areas which is a sound philosophy. Some alliances have fallen by the wayside but that has been mainly due to a bit of bad luck where they landed and got spread out. If you are a small alliance you need to keep away from the the Barricudas for as long as you can in order to grow which some have
What wars are you fighting? And if possible, what is the score?
phil dunn said:
We have no actually out and out wars as such, we . We had a bit of success against Global Guild and took cities at will off them but they then merged into Serpens Sicarii. We are now entering into an interesting time as Black Zone Crusade have taken our first core ocean city so I expect things to heat up there. We are stuck in a much sort after area in O44 so things will only heat up.
What previous worlds have you played and were you successful?
phil dunn said:
I played in the original world of Alpha and was a Southern ocean leader in The Black Death Imperium. I have since played in many that have opened including hero world Achilles where I was a founder of Northern Mayhem which held no.1 spot in that world for a while. I have played both conquest and revolt worlds but I prefer the conquest worlds. As far as successful I hold my own and have never shied away from a battle. I am a good ally to have and a proverbial pain as an enemy.
What are your goals for this world?
phil dunn said:
Short term is to consolidate our area and have all my fellow alliance members grow. Long term goals are just as simple and that is to grow larger and create as much havoc as we can with those that are worried about building their world wonders.
Are you planning to do world wonders?
phil dunn said:
No we wont be. World Wonders are for farmers and make the game boring. I know that this was Inno way to close worlds but it doesnt work. We will continue to fight and make our way in this.
To end the interview, who's is your hero?
phil dunn said:
In real life I respect and admire Sir Alex Ferguson the former Manchester United Coach. In game I cant go past my first 2 leaders in Alpha who were Cyreme and MFRavenhawk, both were awesome. The teammates that I am with now have been with me mostly since the start and would be amiss to recognise them either, they are a great bunch of players to be around.
Tavern Rumors
  • Silent Dragons has conquered 7 cities from I.C.K. and lost 0.
  • The least active alliance is The Horde with 85% active players in the last 24 hours.
  • Rising Tide has conquered 9 cities from OCEANS VETERANS and lost 5.
  • Unwritten Legacy has conquered 9 cities from I.C.K. and lost 0.
  • Anunnaki has conquered 5 cities from Tiger Tank and lost 1.

Wheel of Fortune
Last Week's Winner: MetalCore. Congrats!
Award: 9000 of each resource

Proof:
Nd7j8mu.png

Welcome to the fourth Wheel of Fortune!
Rules: Choose a number from 1 to 50. If someone already has the number you want, choose another one.
Prize: Mystery Prize
Winner will be announced in next week issue. Good luck.
I hope you like this issue's newspaper. I know it was kinda short but if you like the newspaper, +rep. Note to everyone: I'm not making newspapers just for + rep. I'm doing this for the benefit of the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43011

Rock I have to spread the love but when I get chance +1 your way

DeletedUser2663

Nice article once again, Its nice to you got interviews from smaller alliances. Just so happens i have been keeping my eye on quite a few of the ones you interviewed. And booyaa! Lucky me :) Lets go with number 18 this time round

DeletedUser46838

LOL. I'm gonna make a newspaper every week(I think i said this quite a number of times)

Next issues will have maps!

DeletedUser22708

Socrates357 said:
So far it looks like Unwritten Legacy will be dominating the world, Like they usually do... I don't like the look of Admiral Naji and Digital Mystikz being together either.

The top two alliances being pacted makes thing slower and it makes it a bit more boring. But I hope it will speed up soon.

Naji convinced me to make Final Boss the mother alliance of UL and U.L after donating me 10 camels and a volvo, i'm sorry Socrates

DeletedUser20415

well .... she sent me nude photos ... they were so disgusting that I told her do what ever u want but PLEASE DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE !

but again, she gave me perfect photos to scare people on Halloween :p

DeletedUser31385

well .... she sent me nude photos ... they were so disgusting that I told her do what ever u want but PLEASE DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE !

but again, she gave me perfect photos to scare people on Halloween :p

She can be banned for doing that (Hope she knows that).

DeletedUser46838

How could I improve the newspaper?

Please post below if you have any ideas.

DeletedUser43442

She can be banned for doing that (Hope she knows that).

Still funny thou.Dont see you laughing,forgot your sense of humor during long days in FB?If thats the case,we are ready to make our third wing and you can be the founder of it.

DeletedUser48537

Are you the same guy who wrote the Sinope paper?
I'd like to see maps, I think I'd actually log onto the forums on a weekly basis if you added maps. I like reading the interviews, and seeing the scores is pretty interesting for me.

I'm picking 2.

DeletedUser46838

No, I did not. But I did make a paper for the Rhammus, the Taras, the Zancle, the Bhrytos, and the Carphi one.

DeletedUser30850

You know what would be nice if you could include some info on the Serpens and I.C.K merge? Maybe write a little paragraph about it if you get any solid info.

DeletedUser22708

Still funny thou.Dont see you laughing,forgot your sense of humor during long days in FB?If thats the case,we are ready to make our third wing and you can be the founder of it.

That's not up to you Rumpel, i'm the general founder of all 3 alliances, so if we get a 4th one i'll decide on that thank you very much...
After all Naji agreed to it

DeletedUser31385

Are you the same guy who wrote the Sinope paper?
I'd like to see maps, I think I'd actually log onto the forums on a weekly basis if you added maps. I like reading the interviews, and seeing the scores is pretty interesting for me.

I'm picking 2.

You're probably referring to me. I made a new paper (I had maps) and found I still didn't have enough time for it due to midterms in 8 classes. I also left it due to hacking and death threats.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You know what would be nice if you could include some info on the Serpens and I.C.K merge? Maybe write a little paragraph about it if you get any solid info.

Or even perhaps some info on the new alliance No Hopey with Opy? That might be an interesting read

DeletedUser31385

Possibly include a little background on the wars going on.