Newspaper Carphi Chronicles~Issue V

• Thread starter DeletedUser46838
  • Start date

DeletedUser46838

Note Before Reading: Instead of making this newspaper every 2 weeks, I'm making it weekly. I hope this decision is well supported by the Grepolis Community

D71RpGx.png

By Rock5(IGN:Americanmercenary2)
Table of Contents
  • Update
  • Interviews
  • Obituary
  • Tavern Rumours
  • What Do You Think?
  • Wheel of Fortune

Updates
Welcome to the 5th issue of Carphi Chronicles, a newspaper that is released weekly on Wednesdays. Right now, the top 12 alliances looks like this:
  • SSICK
  • Unwritten Legacy
  • Final Boss
  • Anonymous
  • Monkey Business.
  • Unwritten.Legacy
  • Oceans Veterans
  • Tiger Tank
  • Rising Tide
  • Anunnaki
  • Black Zone Crusade
  • Rise of the Phoenix

The alliance called SSICK has now claimed the number 1 spot and has bumped unwritten legacy to second place The rim(O34,O35,O56,O43, O66) have begun to shape up. The following below is the war scores in the past week

SSICKUnwritten Legacy

Final BossChallenger Tank

ANONYMOUSExploit Guns

Monkey BusinessTiger Tank

OCEANS VETERANS**GREEK AMPALOI**

AnunnakiFinal Boss

BLACK ZONE CRUSADEMinions

Rise of the PhoenixTHE GANG

Imperial GuardSilent Assassins

Interviews
*OPY*
SSICK

What are your thoughts on the world?
*OPY* said:
It is changing, It's getting interesting, right now is as if anything could happen
How was SSICK formed? Was it a name change or did a merge occur?
*OPY* said:
Was a merge between SS and ICK, We came to this world together with big plans, but some players got in the way of that, now that they are gone joining the enemy, We decided to form what it is SSICK now.
Do you think the plan was a success?
*OPY* said:
It is working better than expected, The guys are happy and keen to work together, everybody wants to be in the main alliance which is good because that means that they will give their best to get there, making our team even stronger.
What alliances are you fighting and what is the score?
*OPY* said:
This alliance is barely two days old, but it seems like we are fighting everyone now. Since the merge We've taken 13 cities and lost one, so It seems like We are winning ;)
What are your thoughts on the Halloween event?
*OPY* said:
I personally don't like the events, it is just a way to make us spend more money in this game and it makes it less enjoyable. Once I knew the strategical aspects of this game i was completely hooked, I like planning, study my opponent and beat him fair and square, but what use have all that if you put his city under siege and his alliance throws 600 mantis at you thanks to the event? if your alliance is good enough you might survive that but then they send another 800 mantis, again, thanks to the event, how is that fair? it only helps those players with big pockets.
How many branches does SSICK have?
*OPY* said:
We have three sister alliances atm
How does it feel to be in the #1 alliance? And do you think your alliance will maintain that position?
*OPY* said:
It is tough, because it means that you have to maintain a standard, and to be better every day if you want to stay there, and there's also the fact that every other alliance in the top 5 is now working to bring us down, it is not an easy place to be tbh, but that is what makes it fun.
To end this issue, what is your favorite book?
*OPY* said:
I really enjoyed The Survivor, by Vince Flynn and Kyle Mills

MetalCore
Blood of Hera

What are your thoughts on the world?
MetalCore said:
So far it seems pretty good. First world i have come back to play since i stopped playing back when i won Gythium with the musketeers. I'm liking the looks of how quite a few alliances are shaping up and there are a lot of players i recognise by name here so i'm sure things will be interesting.
Is your alliance fighting anyone? If so, what is the score?
MetalCore said:
Atm we are just fighting a bunch of alliances in 56 like crusaders and so on. I situated pretty far from the main conflict since i joined this world pretty late and have just been looking around for a decent alliance. Don't know for sure if my current one will be my last but it's on the right track so maybe. No idea about the score though.
What are your goals for this world? Is your alliance going to be building World Wonders?
MetalCore said:
If they are, i wont be participating. WW are pretty boring and a waste of time. Much more fun to win by conquering your enemies.
MetalCore said:
Oh boy, have things changed since i used to play. These events are literally turning grepolis into a pay to win game. You used to be able to go against gold users and do ok back in the days but with all these events and rewards that you can get, it really is nearly impossible to fight gold users without being at a huge disadvantage. But i guess it will help me out in terms of growing faster than normal.
To end the interview, what is your favorite book?
MetalCore said:
Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
TheBlackPegasus
Final Boss

What are your thoughts on the world so far?
TheBlackPegasus said:
From my point of view, the world has been a bit of good fun so far, but it is a team game and the team you work with makes it for you. Final Boss are a great bunch of people that know how to play the game but it’s fun at the same time. Also the fact we have no pacts, no sister alliances or anything else makes it pretty easy to expand and just take want you want on the whole. So for me this world has been pretty much good fun so far.
You have many cities from the Tank alliances. Have you declared war on them?
TheBlackPegasus said:
We have not declared war on anyone, and if you look closely we have taken cities of multiple alliances. In short if you get in our way we will take our city not really war just more ‘move aside’.
Rumour has it that Final Boss is now pact with Unwritten Legacy and it's academy. Is that true?
TheBlackPegasus said:
Final Boss have no pacts, or NAPs or anything else.
What are your thoughts on the Halloween Event?
TheBlackPegasus said:
The Halloween event, well personally it is fun I am building manticores overnight killed them the next day and repeating over and over – it is good fun – I have a source in Stormbringer who passes me info on siege targets so I just and my myths at them to break the siege for fun and to get BP. However, I think the PM’s at inno really need to think it though the tokens in the event I can get 30 manticore in 5 hours, so why can’t that be countered with say 1200 archers in the same time period gives people that chance to hold a siege; zero walls and a few Manticore tokens makes it very difficult for anyone to hold a siege which makes the event badly designed for a siege world and more balance in the units is needed.
To end this interview, what is your favorite book?
TheBlackPegasus said:
My favourite book would have to be either Pride and Prejudice or Digital Fortress.
Fontenay
Exploit Guns

What are your thoughts on the worlD?
Fontenay said:
Well I had to think. But I don't think this is a world for small alliances. The quality of players and the gold being spent means that this will be a tough world for the noob and casual player. The West is looking especially competitive.
What alliances is your alliance fighting? What is the score?
Fontenay said:
We are fighting with ANONYMOUS in the main. We don't keep a score but I have a number of their CSs on my wall. Our alliance is learning and our strength is developing. Hell, we all know the score, leadership is the crucial ingredient and our leader is drop-dead gorgeous.
Fontenay said:
Halloween event? You mean the gold whores ball! Manti-nukes at the touch of a button once you splash out the cash. I think Innogames have tricked us into giving them treats!
What other worlds have you played and how did you do on them?
Fontenay said:
Well my friend, I have played about 20 worlds and have three crowns. Not a great result 17-3, loosing streak, but I enjoy competing and every world presents different challenges.
To end the newspaper, what is your favorite book?
Fontenay said:
I love Steinbeck, so will go for "Of Mice and Men"

Obituary
Alliances:
I.C.K(merge)
L.I.C.K(merge)
Serpens Sicarii(merge)
Serpensortium(merge)
Players:
none

Tavern Rumours:Truth or Lies?
  • ANONYMOUS has conquered 7 cities from ANONYMOUS. and lost 4.
  • Unwritten.Legacy has conquered 7 cities from SSICKer and lost 0.
  • Final Boss has conquered 7 cities from Inebriated Buffoons and lost 0.
  • 12vs200 has declared war on SSICK.
  • Silent Dragons has conquered 10 cities from SSICKer and lost 0.
  • SSICKer are not holding very well against Unwritten Legacy. They ve lost 13 cities and taken 0.

What Do You Think?
Recently, there has been an uproar about the graphics that they implemented on the Beta server. Shortly after a player found out about this, a protest against the new graphics were removed.
Question: Do you think Innogames will put them in in the future? Why?

Wheel of Fortune
Last Week's Winner: Hypatius!

Proof:
JmjQk8M.png
Reward: 10K of EACH RESOURCE

Welcome to the fifth Wheel of Fortune!
Rules: Choose a number from 1 to 50. If someone already has the number you want, choose another one.
Prize: Mystery Prize
Winner will be announced in next week issue. Good luck.
I hope you like this issue's newspaper. If you like the newspaper, +rep. Note to everyone: I'm not making newspapers just for + rep. I'm doing this for the benefit of the community. Also, no maps were included because grepointel was down.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43442

Quote Originally Posted by *OPY*
I personally don't like the events, it is just a way to make us spend more money in this game and it makes it less enjoyable. Once I knew the strategical aspects of this game i was completely hooked, I like planning, study my opponent and beat him fair and square, but what use have all that if you put his city under siege and his alliance throws 600 mantis at you thanks to the event? if your alliance is good enough you might survive that but then they send another 800 mantis, again, thanks to the event, how is that fair? it only helps those players with big pockets.

And the Hypocrite of the week award goes to......P.S. its now 8-0 so i dont think you guys are winning anything apart from a race to become a biggest food of the server ;)

DeletedUser20415

I dont know how you guys count, its actually 12-0 ...

DeletedUser43325

Quote Originally Posted by *OPY*
It is tough, because it means that you have to maintain a standard, and to be better every day if you want to stay there, and there's also the fact that every other alliance in the top 5 is now working to bring us down, it is not an easy place to be tbh, but that is what makes it fun

Your usage of the word "fact" here is a bit off here, *dOPeY*. It not being an easy place to be has much more to do with the fact that you just aren't that good then it does any collaboration to "bring you down."

DeletedUser31385

Another good read. Looking forward to the background in VI.

DeletedUser2663

heh fun fact, since that interview i changed alliance again as its hard to find a good one out on the rim but no worries, i have finnally found the good one. Hopefully this bunch will be making an apperance in the rankings in the future :)

DeletedUser22708

The most important bit
Rumour has it that Final Boss is now pact with Unwritten Legacy and it's academy. Is that true?
Yes the rumors are true, I am the founder of all 3 alliances, but Naji handles all of the diplomacy and recruitment of all 3 branches.
We make a great team!!

DeletedUser43442

So basically Naji does all the work and you get all the credit?And all cause few photos?Damn,well played

DeletedUser41715

Mate your info concerning bzc-minions is not accurate. As we speak it is 4-1. Actually when you posted it was 3-1. There is no war that bzc is losing. Not only on this server but at least the last 3 servers i am playing with them. All wars are vicrorious

DeletedUser10962

Mate your info concerning bzc-minions is not accurate. As we speak it is 4-1. Actually when you posted it was 3-1. There is no war that bzc is losing. Not only on this server but at least the last 3 servers i am playing with them. All wars are vicrorious

It's for the last week it keeps confusing me with our anunnaki war. Not sure if thats the case but could be that

DeletedUser46838

Yeah, the scores is a weekly thing. :/ Sorry for the confusion :D

DeletedUser31385

Also, try to get a little more of a fun section involved. I found that people enjoy having a few fun activities to do.

DeletedUser22708

Also, try to get a little more of a fun section involved. I found that people enjoy having a few fun activities to do.

Yes, also add a color book and some riddles, maybe a treasure hunt would be good too...

DeletedUser17088

I like trains

And long vm

Suppose I best get my act together and log in :)