casting sea storm

DeletedUser

I am currently under attack and tried to cast sea storm. At first a red warning appeared saying that I have to be under attack to use this spell. Then I tried again and another red warning pops up to say that this spell has already been used? but none of the favor I have built up has been used? So has it been cast or not?

DeletedUser14378

well your attacker cast spell on his troops that's why you cant send sea storm.

DeletedUser

well your attacker cast spell on his troops that's why you cant send sea storm.

So if an attacker casts a spell on his fleet- such as "favorable wind"- I can't defend myself with "sea storm"?

And in the meantime that doesn't explain why it initially said I couldn't cast the spell unless I was under attack- when I obviously was.

DeletedUser

It probably said something like, "You can only cast this spell on an attack"

In that case, were you possibly trying to cast the spell on your own city?

To cast a spell on an attack, you click on the oncoming attack, then click spells, and select, "Sea Storm"

And yes, what Sasa Radovic said is true. If I cast "favorable wind" on my attacking LS fleet, and you try to cast "wisdom" on it, it will not work because a spell has already been cast upon it.

DeletedUser

No, I clicked on the incoming attack, clicked spells and sea storm.

Hey I am fairly new at this, but it makes no sense that I can't cast a spell on an invading army (unless you created a God that had a shield spell for invading armies, hmmm) because there is a spell -beneficial to the invader- already cast upon it by the invading army. It makes sense that I can't cast a spell on a city that has been shielded from spells- city protection- because that is what the spell does specifically. That makes the sea storm pretty much useless. or am I missing something.

DeletedUser11965

once a spell is cast on an attack, you cant cast another on on it

DeletedUser

once a spell is cast on an attack, you cant cast another on on it

Yes, I get it. My question is why? So when an attacking army casts a beneficial spell on its own army, not only do they get the benefit of the original spell, they also get immunity from any spell attacks, from the defending city, on the afore-mentioned army. Again this makes no sense to me- please come up with a reasonable explanation other than the quote from above.

DeletedUser

If I cast helmet of invisibility and the invisibility wears off, am I vulnerable to spells? I like to cast if often because it's cheap on favor and I've been under the impression that it prevents negative spells, but I may be wrong.

DeletedUser11965

If I cast helmet of invisibility and the invisibility wears off, am I vulnerable to spells? I like to cast if often because it's cheap on favor and I've been under the impression that it prevents negative spells, but I may be wrong.

No it doesn't, once a spell is cast once, it'll stay casted once.

DeletedUser

Thanks for clearing that up, Arshark. I only ask because of the temporary effect. I use helmet to protect my LS nukes from zeus rage.

So, if I cast owl on an inbound attack can I also cast zeus rage/sea storm/desire?

DeletedUser11965

Thanks for clearing that up, Arshark. I only ask because of the temporary effect. I use helmet to protect my LS nukes from zeus rage.

So, if I cast owl on an inbound attack can I also cast zeus rage/sea storm/desire?

once 1 spell is cast (on either end, just one), another cannot be cast on it

DeletedUser30827

To cast a spell on an attack, you click on the oncoming attack, then click spells, and select, "Sea Storm"

I tried that with "Wisdom" except when I clicked on the attack at the top of the screen,it went to the "Buy premium" page because I didn't have administrator.Do you have to have administrator to cast that?It's funny too,I got to see my administrator quick bar fade away when it ran out this morning.:p

DeletedUser

I tried that with "Wisdom" except when I clicked on the attack at the top of the screen,it went to the "Buy premium" page because I didn't have administrator.Do you have to have administrator to cast that?It's funny too,I got to see my administrator quick bar fade away when it ran out this morning.:p

You don't have to have the administrator to cast spells on an incoming attack. Go to the troop movements button, then click on the attack.

Last edited by a moderator: