Casual Settings

pgalland25

Strategos
I like the idea of a casual world, slower game pace and the security of being able to keep your main city.

With that being said, the inability to attack anyone larger or smaller than yourself is ridiculous and completely kills all of the fun of this game. I cannot farm anyone on my island and it takes forever searching for someone who meets the criteria. Is there any way to remove this? The casual world would be perfect in my opinion if we removed the +/- 20% attack restriction, but as it stands this setting has made this world extremely boring. Can someone with some insight explain the reasoning or a possible fix of this issue?

0ZZZ

Phrourach
This type of server was not a bad idea. I tip my hat to those crafty Germans ;)

The purpose of the 20% is to keep the vultures off the little guys and bring a more casual atmosphere here.
More skirmishes between small groups and individuals and less big opps between mega guilds.
This relieves some of the pressure chasing the little guys from the game that just get ganged up on in other world types.

That said, the idea is unfinished.
Settings as is will kill this world. (the shackles are too tight and absolute)

What you will get
RELENTLESS hammering from same size opponents as the options of who they can attack are way too limited.

Others unwilling to go through the effort simply will not attack at all.

These restraints prevent common interguild city moves and other administrative type actions as well.
(I have already had people leave my small crew for no other reason than there were not enough people in it to allow a simple city transfer because no one was his size)

Friends of unequal sizes simply can not interact.

Others will find ways to use this game feature in a manner that allows them to attack others with no immediate retaliation possible.

There are simple fixes

Recommended modifications: And/or

1) Change the 20% to 40% <<<< the easiest to code. I could probably do it myself. Point me at your server farm.

2) Give us the option to "pop our cork" and function outside the 20% with any one else who "pops their cork." Leaving the protection on those who still
want
it Like turning PK/RED in other games. <<<<< this being voluntary not a lot of room to complain here.

3) Have the 20% sunset after you reach a set number of cities or points. Im talking 40 cities. Alternately 1/3rd a million points?
The 20% still applicable to those targets under the arbitrary city/point total.

4) Allow all attacks on any one wearing your guild tag for city hand overs/exchanges <<<< this should be implemented rearguard less of what other
option/s are chosen.

5) A pop up window to accept an "OUT OF 20% RANGE" attack. Or alternately an invite window to attack. A simple authorization list.

6) Change the 20% "NO ATTACK" to "NO REVOLT." <<<<<<< work around potential high here, but it is an option.

NOTE:
If this feature is left as is one can easily launch all their attacks on an opponent then change their size mid attack to avoid any immediate retaliation.
There will be cries of disdain, screams of bloody murder, and gnashing of teeth.
This is only one of a dozen ways I have already thought of to use this feature to my advantage. 20% is too small as is.
If this is not changed I WILL use this feature to the best of my ability.
Please prevent the rage quits and fix this. This server style has a lot of potential.

"DEATH TO ALL SAILS NOT BLACK!"
0Z

Last edited:

pgalland25

Strategos
Your first suggested change was my exact thought, 40% seems much less restricting while still protecting the little guys.

Is there some way to get this put into action? Because as you said, these restrictions will be the death of this world and I really enjoy the idea of a casual world to fit in with my busy life.

DeletedUser55189

I agree with Ozzz. The restrictions are TOO limiting. Just a few tweeks though and I think it will be more inline with a training world where players of different skill levels can grow and those with busier lifestyles may still enjoy the elements that they loved about the game when time was spare.

redclerk

Phrourach
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

Sure I like a little game of "HIDE and GO SIM" from time to time...I'm busy and mindlessly clicking relieves stress after a long day.
But let's keep it real...this is a WAR game...survival of the fittest...kill or be killed.
40% seems more than sufficient to allow that.
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

DeletedUser56061

I totally agree with 0zzz and with Bleu

20% is too low. The points difference is not enough. A larger player with 100k can only hit a player between 80k & 120k. Thats only 2 cities difference on average. That is not enough. At the beginning of the game, your talking differences of 5 or 10 points. It just isn't realistic.

Not being able to pass cities between alliance team mates because of it is also unrealistic. Alliances are unable to core up and move players into their core.

smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif
smiley_emoticons_sleep.gif

UKboys

Phrourach
Most of the cities available are on farmless islands, all the other protected. The games stagnant, lot's of players leaving.

DeletedUser55980

And you still cant attack them even if they are inactive :(

DeletedUser36697

welcome to the no stress, protectionist, isolationist war game.
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

Where nobody gets attacked a golder can buy his/her/their way out of trouble.. Get big quickly and then sim your way through who can attack you?
and really whats the point of attacking anybody these days in any world? so much stress and then folks call you names on the forum and your feeling gets hurt
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif
and you response (without counting to 15)
smiley_emoticons_fluch4_GREEN.gif
and then you get a warning for abusing the forum
smiley_emoticons_freddus_pacman.gif
and why CUZ YOU ATTACKED...not me(THIS TIME)
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

but read 110 and other worlds
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

nope GREPO has it right now... build worlds for the golders and let folks follow.chase the GOLDEN CARROT... thats in every world... folks that spend without end and raise the bar for gold spending..are they a plant for grepo working a company card
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

110.... folks had 4 cities after beginner protection ended keep up with that eh CHA CHING
smiley_emoticons_hecheln.gif

DeletedUser20688

I have 3200 points and I can't even attack somoene with 3600 points. It's actually stupid

D.Dall

Phrourach
Inno needs to do something about the settings on this server, I know it's to help new and inexperienced players to the game, but they'll get a shock when they get into a serious server, and Inno is properly not Interested in the server dying completely before it's almost started, the 20% game room is far too little, maybe 40% would be more in place and they should do something so you can take inactive players' cities even if they are blessed.

DeletedUser56154

New to Grepo so bear with me if I read this wrong. Inno have put a fix in place to stop this with the next update.

Quote "
  • We have adjusted the attack prevention functionality on Casual Worlds to provide an overall better experience. With the old system, the situation could arise where a larger player could attack a smaller player, but the same smaller player couldn't attack them back due. Now, it will only be possible to attack a player if they are able to attack you back in retaliation.
Surely this will mean that potential targets become even harder to find for larger players. Casual world settings are supposed to be there to help new and small players, but make the actual gameplay very stagnant. If Inno want to help new players learn and enjoy the game, then why not just set the percentage rates so that you can't attack anyone 20% smaller than yourself. At the same time time remove all restrictions concerning attacking larger players. This would give a safety buffer to smaller players and allow new players to learn the game. It would also allow smaller players to assist in attacking during alliance ops negating the fact that right now the world is unfairly balanced towards defence minded players. These settings, or something similar may well be what is needed to allow this world to reach its full potential.

Struppi

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56155

I have to say I am not a fan of this, I can understand having different tiers of players maybe every 10k. the current setup takes teamwork out of the equation for offense. Please look into it, I like to fight on occasion.

DeletedUser56156

What in the actual CRAP, Inno. These settings are ridiculous. Dude above attacks me, and I can't even counterattack because "he's too strong". Are you freaking serious? These settings are just absurd. Why don't you just do an accelerated morale? Like morale * 5 or something? It is totally crazy to have someone attack you and not be able to attack them back. If this is not fixed, and fast, I'm out. Dumb, dumb dumb.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
With the update tomorrow if a player can attack you with the 20% point restriction you will be able to attack them back.

DeletedUser56156

Too late. but THANKS! Did they really not think this through, or what? This seems so trivially obvious. Should be:

if 0.8 < ((points_attacker + points_defender)/2) / points_defender < 1.2:
__ can_attack = True

Even better, they should have just modified the morale settings:

Now:

Morale = [(Points Defender/Points Attacker)*3+0.3]*100

Naucratis:

if 0.8 < ((points_attacker + points_defender)/2) / points_defender < 1.2:
__ morale = 1
else:
__ if points_defender > points_attacker:
____ morale = points_attacker / points_defender * morale_enhancer
__ elif points_defender < points_attacker:
____ morale = points_defender / points_attacker * morale_enhancer

This would discourage pest attacking by smaller players trying to take advantage of enhanced morale. The morale enhancer would be somewhere between 0.5 and 1. This would make it so that a player at 30% more points would be fighting at like 35% morale with an enhancer of 0.5, or 56% at 0.8, etc. It could be tweaked.

More important, things like alliance attack help, passing off cities, farming inactives, etc., would still be possible. As it currently exists, it has completely broken most of the basic mechanics of the game, especially those involving teamwork.

Last edited by a moderator: