Casual Settings

D.Dall

Phrourach
It is a total simming world.
smiley_emoticons_sleep.gif

DeletedUser56154

So, Either my maths is wrong or this 20% system is totally broken. With my current points 17667 - 20% I should be able to attack players with a points total of >14135. No problem so far, Put the player in revolt, try to launch a CS and it comes up as Player too strong or too weak....now Im not a programmer, but surely something as simple as a 20% difference should be fairly easy to get right. As a first time grepolis player, so far I am unimpressed and can see this being my one and only foray in to the supposed war game of Grepolis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56156

So, Either my maths is wrong or this 20% system is totally broken. With my current points 17667 - 20% I should be able to attack players with a points total of >14135. No problem so far, Put the player in revolt, try to launch a CS and it comes up as Player too strong or too weak....now Im not a programmer, but surely something as simple as a 20% difference should be fairly easy to get right. As a first time grepolis player, so far I am unimpressed and can see this being my one and only foray in to the supposed war game of Grepolis.

Well, first of all, if you missed the sign on the door that said “casual world”, sorry about that. This is not a good intro to grepo.

Second, it’s possible for point totals to change between revolt and CS.

DeletedUser56154

No, by no means did I miss the sign.. in fact i walked straight in to it, nearly gave myself concussion. Once I recovered though, I read it several times...and it definitely said 20% margin. Yes, I suppose you are right.. its possible that points totals change between revolt and CS... but guess what... the figures in my previous post were the actual figures at CS launch... well within the supposed 20%. So maybe that knock on my noggin worked a treat...you should try it sometime.

DeletedUser56156

Hey Inno! Guess what? You said you fixed the 20% problem, and you didn't. Player of 14354 point revolted a city of mine. I'm at 11794, so this puts me above his 11483 threshold. I find a CS and some LS I'd love to tag, but guess what? He is above my 20% threshold of 14152, and I get the too strong message. Are you serious, guys? You should have seen this coming ... but now you can't even fix it? This is unreal ...

DeletedUser56156

This world is trash. I'm out. See you in a few months, if and when Inno gets their head out of ... the ground, and starts a world with reasonable settings.

DeletedUser56111

I've only played Grepolis for 10 weeks, not counting Vacation Mode while I was traveling overseas. I thought this would be a relaxing, fun world. But this world is so much more frustrating than the other two worlds I've tried! I can't do anything! I have one city. I've researched colony ship and conquest.
1) There is no one for me to attack. Should I use the Senate to demolish part of my city so I can attack someone smaller? Such fun.
2) There are no openings on islands with farm villages, so I don't want to colonize.
I can build my city all the way and then... what? I guess I ghost because I can't do ANYTHING!
I'm thinking of trying Hyperborea!

DeletedUser13361

Last night I planned an attack on a player 19 % larger than myself. This morning I can't touch him., because buildings in my building queue got finished. In order to push through I must cancel all buildings and start demolishing.

On the en122 I'm a member of the alliance called Legacy. I started playing with these guys on the Bellerophon server back in 2012, but on this server we become dysfunctional as an alliance. All that matters now is size!
If we should make the server work, we would have to develop practices which will allow us to play and have fun contrary to server settings.

I'm not sure it's ideal for game developers to own a game, where playing and having fun is made so challenging and difficult, that it's almost impossible.

If settings don't change, I think we ought to establish alliance clusters based on size in a bit similar way to traditional academies, but with strict focus on size.
Example: An alliance cluster consisting of alliance 1, 2, 3 + 4 where members in alliance 1 have less than 125,000 points. Alliance 2 could be for members with 125,000 to 300,000 points. Alliance 3 for members with 300,000 to 650,000 points and alliance 4 for members with more than 650,000 points.
If a deal with an opponent could be made about forming similar cluster of alliances, maybe game could happen.

It's still very weak though, since you could keep on differentiating in order to maintain effective battle groups, and this would probably require the cooperation of the major bulk of alliances on the server.
With a bit of work maybe there is potential for two massive alliance clusters on the server, which could battle each other.
Still this doesn't seem realistic, since it would be in spite of game developers.

I don't buy the tale about having settings allowing small players to grow in peace and have fun while doing so. These settings are not for new players. The server is an effective retirement home for old players, who can't be bothered with playing as much as they used to do, but who still want to have contact with the game and it's players.

DeletedUser36697

Last night I planned an attack on a player 19 % larger than myself. This morning I can't touch him., because buildings in my building queue got finished. In order to push through I must cancel all buildings and start demolishing.

On the en122 I'm a member of the alliance called Legacy. I started playing with these guys on the Bellerophon server back in 2012, but on this server we become dysfunctional as an alliance. All that matters now is size!
If we should make the server work, we would have to develop practices which will allow us to play and have fun contrary to server settings.

I'm not sure it's ideal for game developers to own a game, where playing and having fun is made so challenging and difficult, that it's almost impossible.

If settings don't change, I think we ought to establish alliance clusters based on size in a bit similar way to traditional academies, but with strict focus on size.
Example: An alliance cluster consisting of alliance 1, 2, 3 + 4 where members in alliance 1 have less than 125,000 points. Alliance 2 could be for members with 125,000 to 300,000 points. Alliance 3 for members with 300,000 to 650,000 points and alliance 4 for members with more than 650,000 points.
If a deal with an opponent could be made about forming similar cluster of alliances, maybe game could happen.

It's still very weak though, since you could keep on differentiating in order to maintain effective battle groups, and this would probably require the cooperation of the major bulk of alliances on the server.
With a bit of work maybe there is potential for two massive alliance clusters on the server, which could battle each other.
Still this doesn't seem realistic, since it would be in spite of game developers.

I don't buy the tale about having settings allowing small players to grow in peace and have fun while doing so. These settings are not for new players. The server is an effective retirement home for old players, who can't be bothered with playing as much as they used to do, but who still want to have contact with the game and it's players.
The server is an effective retirement home for old players, who can't be bothered with playing as much as they used to do, but who still want to have contact with the game and it's players.[/QUOTE]

And I thought that was what "Hyperborea" was for lol

DeletedUser13361

The server is an effective retirement home for old players, who can't be bothered with playing as much as they used to do, but who still want to have contact with the game and it's players.

And I thought that was what "Hyperborea" was for lol

Yes, this is also kind of my point. We already have one on en45, and I'm actually quite pleased with that one.

Btw. some of the stuff I wrote about building queue is nonsense. I guess my target started building during the night, so I couldn't hit him in the morning.
I learned that Earthquake and Lightning Bolt can be used preparing a target bigger than the attacker. Here the alliance could come in handy.

DeletedUser54892

I think Hyperborea settings are better. It is OK to protect cities from being conquered in a casual world, but to protect cities from being attacked is too much.

PS: Finally someone sent some LS on me. Thanks for little BPs. Guess I should do the same back.

Last edited by a moderator:

css1981

Phrourach
Why not creating a new Hyperborea ? Would also be great

But hope a new casual world with better settings this time.

DeletedUser48681

What I don't understand is the issue of 20% doesn't always apply, I took a ghost, yet I still have incoming attacks from a player way way bigger than me. It seems if you launch an attack before you take the city they can still attack

DeletedUser30140

well this is really bad, Been here for a day with my 7k city that I transferred over and there is nobody within 10h to attack. I got tired of clicking cities after awhile. I don;t understand the 20% either. I can see maybe on your home city or something but I can't even attack anyone. How do you even get BP on this server??? Also whats up with only being able to colonize rock islands? That is really bad, this might be the end for me.....

DeletedUser56374

My city 2943 .+/- 10% = 2743 or 3180 ish..... yet every city I try to hit says "too low or too high" and it is within the 10%

DeletedUser19607

Can yall please remove the 20% thing?
I can't find nobody to attack literally lol

There was a player about 20k, I can't attack because my points too low
beginning players will play till bored and quick cause they wont find any fun in the game

Its a war game and I know you all trying to be casual and all but make the 20% an opt in thing with a cooldown would be better than subjecting everyone to it. Like both players have to have the setting off for to go above the restriction on a target. Will keep the war aspect of the game intact and also make things a bit fun..

just a suggestion cause the world looks to be pretty dead
There isn't even a reason for alliances in this world right now honestly if they can't coordinate attacks or nothing