Caterham Team F1

Lugosi

Strategos
logo-600x310.jpg

If you like Formula One, please head over to check out the new Caterham F1 2012 Pre-view video here. Soon, the full branding of Caterham will be published in a video for the public; again proving they're probably the most fan friendly team in the sport with in my opinion the best scope on what a brand can be and putting it into action quickly. I think they'll have to do well this season.

|Any other predictions for the 2012 season? Anyone gonna post on this thread? Probably not.|

Last edited:

DeletedUser20688

Yeah they are very fan friendly. Mike Gasgoine is always mucking around on twitter during the races to communicate with the fans

Lugosi

Strategos
Can't wait for their full branding video with the Caterham 7, CT01 and the new SP300R. Mike Gascoigne is certainly a tank.

DeletedUser20688

F1 Channel start tomorrow, the first race is getting ever closer

Lugosi

Strategos
Good win by Nico Rosberg today. Caterham had another usual performance with Petrov then Kovalainen had a right rear issue, hence his 4 pitstops and 23rd place.

The most entertaining part of that race was watching HRT get off the line :D.

DeletedUser20688

Kimi is my god :p Great race, the guy drove his nuts off

DeletedUser20688

I hope for a better result this weekend. They car should be good here

Lugosi

Strategos
I agree the red ruins it. The CT-03 looks good in the new green, not sure why Caterham went back to the stepped nose for Spa, I assume its for the different level of downforce at Spa which will continue at Monza.

DeletedUser18366

Bit of a random question, but what got you to support Caterham?

Lugosi

Strategos
Bit of a random question, but what got you to support Caterham?

Heikki Kovalainen and the initial plan set out by Tony Fernandes. Since there first season as Lotus Racing in 2010, Tony Fernandes purchased Caterham Cars and has since forth set up the Caterham Group consisting of Caterham Cars, Caterham F1 Team, Caterham GP2, Caterham Racing, Caterham Composites, Caterham Technology and the Caterham Experience. In addition to that they have agreed a partnership with Renault to develop a road car together which will be produced under the Caterham and Alpine-Renault brands and the first model of which will be exposed to the public at the Singapore Grand Prix. There are also plans to create a Caterham SUV which will be produced to rival the Range Rover however these cars will be mainly sold in Asia which is a good plan. Also in the short time the Caterham Group has been formed the Caterham 7 R600 and 620R have been released with the base level Caterham also recieving a going over now being powered by a Suzuki engine. The future is bright for Caterham if it all works out and they should slowly close the gap to the mid field in F1 soon enough.

DeletedUser18366

Slowly, very slowly. I support Mclaren, and no, not because I'm a glory hunter, I've stayed with them for years. If Bianchi leaves murussia next year, it will make it a lot easier for caterham to excel and make those steps up.

Lugosi

Strategos
Slowly, very slowly. I support Mclaren, and no, not because I'm a glory hunter, I've stayed with them for years. If Bianchi leaves murussia next year, it will make it a lot easier for caterham to excel and make those steps up.

What has a driver at another team got to do with Caterham excelling? Yes the gap between Caterham and Marussia would be wider but Caterham and Marussia are looking to compete with Williams and Sauber rather than each other.

DeletedUser18366

Bianchi is the best driver from the bottom of the grid. And neither of the backmarkers has got round to challenging Williams and Sauber at all.

Lugosi

Strategos
Bianchi is the best driver from the bottom of the grid. And neither of the backmarkers has got round to challenging Williams and Sauber at all.

Is he though? Giedo Van Der Garde is slowly coming out top at Caterham now they're beginning to sync the car with his driving style, not sure why its taken this long as surely some data from the Caterham Racing GP2 team would've helped them. Charles Pic has performed consistently well for both Caterham and Marussia. Max Chilton doesn't seem ready at all from the speed side of things, Bianchi has had two retirements and only really had good results through other teams misfortune. At the beginning of Monza, both Caterhams were all over the back of Bottas and have challenged Williams in Germany and VDG did finish ahead of Maldonado at Spa all be it helped by collisions but that is racing. Bianchi may be good but I think the poor speed of his team mate is rather exaggerating the conception of his skill in the worst car on the grid.

Caterham overtaking Sauber

Last edited: