Inactive Topic Change way Bp works

• Thread starter DeletedUser23986
  • Start date

DeletedUser23986

Proposal: To change the way beginners protection works.(all three changes)

Reason:It is really irritating when the last minutes of bp are left.

Details:
(i)Currently if the bp for a player will run out at 12:35, then you can launch attack only after 12:35. This gives him extra benefit of the travel time. I want to change it so that the the BP protects him only from attacks landing before 12:35, and not the ones launched before it.

(ii)Also for now you have the option to attack others during bp, but not get attacked. So you can just kill others' offense, without any fear. Change it, so that you have to forfeit your protection on attacking.

(iii) Currently you can support a person under bp. This city serves as an invulnerable "safe" for your offense troops. All you need is an inactive under bp, and you have all your offense 100%safe. Change it so that you can no longer support others.

Visual Aids:Really simple, use your top part.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
(i) A bit bad for players under bp, but not tipping off the balance too much.
(ii)making more balance
(iii)abuse prevention in itself.

Note: I know second part has been suggested, but i am adding here to avoid this idea being disqualified if that got passed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser24334

Good Idea, I just have something I would like to add. Quest that allow you to get Battle Points before Battle Protection is over is kinda of a rip off too in my mind. Because the odds of everyone gaining the same amount of Battle Points is not very high. So,,

I would like it if quest will not allow you to gain battle points until Battle Protection is over.

DeletedUser23986

Good Idea, I just have something I would like to add. Quest that allow you to get Battle Points before Battle Protection is over is kinda of a rip off too in my mind. Because the odds of everyone gaining the same amount of Battle Points is not very high. So,,

I don't agree. If a player finishes quest every 2 hrs as they appear, you will get all the quests. They don't have too many different quests, so every active player manages to get BP.

DeletedUser18366

It's a handy feature but (I'm going to say it again) un-necessary.

DeletedUser42857

(i)Currently if the bp for a player will run out at 12:35, then you can launch attack only after 12:35. This gives him extra benefit of the travel time. I want to change it so that the the BP protects him only from attacks landing before 12:35, and not the ones launched before it.

Agree: This one I agree with, I dont think it will have that much impact, but it would make sense that as long as the attack lands after BP ends its valid. The only danger is newbies think they are safe and no attacks will start till its over.

(ii)Also for now you have the option to attack others during bp, but not get attacked. So you can just kill others' offense, without any fear. Change it, so that you have to forfeit your protection on attacking.

Disagree: This one I dont agree with. As a Noob under BP you cant attack other BP cities, but I see no reason why you cant attack other cities. If a noob with a 1000pt city has the resources to attack bigger cities then fair enough.

(iii) Currently you can support a person under bp. This city serves as an invulnerable "safe" for your offense troops. All you need is an inactive under bp, and you have all your offense 100%safe. Change it so that you can no longer support others.

Agree: Agree, this should be removed. Its a major bug.

DeletedUser

Idea two has already been suggested before; here.

Other than that everything else looks manageable, I guess.

DeletedUser8396

2 and 3 I agree with and want. The first one, I dont.

I don't want to have someone time an attack exactly the millisecond my BP ends, and we all know it would happen.

DeletedUser5819

I don't think #1 is any better or worse than what we have. All it would do would be surprise some people with experience that don't read the forum/changelog.

#2 I can see the validity. I always attack before BP ends, as a matter of honour, but I can see it from the other angle. The change would probs make it fairer.

#3 I agree. I doubt this was intentional.

DeletedUser23986

I don't think #1 is any better or worse than what we have. All it would do would be surprise some people with experience that don't read the forum/changelog.
Maybe it will force them to start viewing changelogs if not forums.

#2 I can see the validity. I always attack before BP ends, as a matter of honour, but I can see it from the other angle. The change would probs make it fairer.
To be honest, i do it myself. But i hate it more than i enjoy it.

#3 I agree. I doubt this was intentional.
I first saw it when helorus started. If it wasn't intentional, then the devs have really left it untouched for way too long.

DeletedUser25249

Not that im really bothered either way, but #1 is a little harsh, the other 2 i agree, even tho i hide my troops in an inactive during bp ;)

Varun

Strategos
Well, I seriously agree with #3. That is the most important one. The other two won't make much of a difference :)

DeletedUser

Proposal: To change the way beginners protection works.(all three changes)

Reason:It is really irritating when the last minutes of bp are left.

Details:

Visual Aids:Really simple, use your top part.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
(i) A bit bad for players under bp, but not tipping off the balance too much.
(ii)making more balance
(iii)abuse prevention in itself.

Note: I know second part has been suggested, but i am adding here to avoid this idea being disqualified if that got passed.

Good Idea! I always get soo bored during bp