Changed Feelings

DeletedUser

When I first joined this world I was bitter that I was way out in 66, completely away from all the action. I had grand plans of shooting a CS on a 48 hour trip to join my old Kappa buddies in the core and rule the world again! We talked, we laughed, and we dreamed about the day that we could finally reform and show this world how to play grepolis.

Now, my feelings have changed because the core is stupid. Most of the core people hate the game, angry post on the forums, don't have fun, and look at this as some sort of proving ground for their worth as a person, and I very nearly bought into that attitude from reading these forums.

Then, things changed when I read a post by the big bad (I think it was him) about having fun or not playing.

Now, we are having a great time in 66 with playful banter, great battles, and all the things that make grepolis our chosen game to play and enjoy. So, I have decided that the status of the world, bully alliances, or excessive pacts actually have very little to do with my gaming experience here. It is about my own attitude only.

I want to thank the big bad (or whoever posted it) for helping me remember why I went to grepolis.com one day while I was bored at work.

DeletedUser

In the old games we played against computer opponents who thought like a computer and reacted like a computer.
Massive multiplayer online games means you play against a real human enemy with a brain that operates unlike any other brain in the world!
And thus you will make friends and enemies in such games which a computer could never imitate (well not yet anyway) and so the game adds a depth of gameplay that is appealing and allows one brain to be matched against another on a relatively equal playing ground in terms of rules.
But you are correct in saying that you to play a role in making Calydon a great place to war, but as well as that you need the great enemy, as they makes the game fun. Boring enemies are noobs. The best enemies to learn from are the big ones. They are the greatest teachers of the game, and the fastest way to learn from them is to attack. If you lose you'll still leave the world with a massive wealth of knowledge and be better for it in the next one. The greatest enemies you fight are the ones who will make the game fun for you to play. Noob enemies are boring.
You are out to fight the best enemies and learn from them. And that demands respect in my humble opinion!