Passed Changing Command Overview Tabs

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes; Organization is key!

Votes: 44 91.7%
  • No; Current tabs are fine!

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Changing Command Overview so that new tabs are Outgoing, Incoming and Espionage and commands in a tab is arranged by city. In main tab, attack, support and espionage should also be arranged based on city it is going.

Reason:
In the recent update developers changed command overview to include tabs for attack, support and espionage to make it easier to get useful information.

But this change makes it more difficult to send coordinated support for conquest and coordinating CS sniping.

With older version, when you send support, you can easily see it that it is landing after your CS. But with this newer update, once you send support, you have to click on support tab, look for time of arrival and match it with your CS arrival time to make sure it is landing on right time.

Due to ~30 second random factor, many times we send support few second before and recall and send again if it is not landing on time. However, with the recent update you loose few precious seconds for checking whether your support (or attack) is on right time or not.

I propose to change tabs from attack, support and espionage to incoming, outgoing and espionage. Additionally, attacks and support should be grouped in a tab based on city they are going.

Details:
1) With the new proposal we have these three tabs Outgoing, Incoming
and Espionage

2) In Outgoing tabs, your attack and support are grouped based on city you are sending attack/support
For example
You are sending two LS nuke to enemy city 1 and 2 and a CS and support to enemy city 1. In that case your Outgoing tab will look like

Outgoing Tab:
Enemy City 1
(Attack) Your City A -----> Enemy City 1
(CS Attack) Your City B ----> Enemy City 1
(Support) Your City C ----->Enemy City 1
Enemy City 2
(Attack) Your City D -----> Enemy City 2

3) In incoming tab, attack and support to your city are grouped based on your city where attack and support are coming. If you cancel attack or support to some city, since they are returning now, so it should be come to incoming tab and grouped based on city where they are returning (their own city).

For example
Your enemy is sending similar attack to Your City A and B. You are recalling support to your city where he is sending CS and also asked your alliance member to attack that city after CS, in case siege started.

Incoming Tab:
Your City A
(Attack) Enemy City 1 ----> Your City A
(Support) Your City B -----> Your City A
(CS Attack) Enemy City 2 ----> Your City A
(Attack) Your Alliance Member City 1 ----> Your City A
(Support) Enemy City 3 ----> Your City A
Your City B
(Attack) Enemy City 4 ----> Your City B

Main tab should have all outgoing, incoming and espionage but all of them should be grouped based on city they are going. In this way it will be very easy to visualize when you are sending multiple attacks or getting multiple attack and support.

Visual Aids:

I am showing visual example of Outgoing tab and All Commands tab here:

command.png

command2.png

Balance:
It will not change any other game feature

Abuse Prevention:
I can not think of any way that this feature can be abused

Summary:
With this modification in Command Overview will make is much easier to visualize and time your attack. Additionally, it will justify using premium for administrator because command overview is most often used and one of chief reason for people buying premium. Since it is minor change and not everyone use premium, i hope it will get fast tracked.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks Chrss, I really like it to get changed because new one is annoying me a lot. Few days ago i almost messed up my CS because i send support and went back to look at time on support tab and some how i thought it is right. But later on i noticed that support was landing 10 second before CS not after.

I was able to save my CS because i revised my strategy and recalled my support as soon as it landed. The guy got confused and lost his city. :)

DeletedUser

So I guess the new one might better in a twisted sort of way :p

DeletedUser

Thank you guys for support. I am wondering since this is minor improvements and not everyone here uses premium, so we are never going to get lots of reply or response for it. Can someone tell me how this thread can be fast tracked to next step?

DeletedUser

This is an excellent idea. It should be implemented as soon as it can be imo.

DeletedUser

this idea may be obsolete now with the recent update we can now see all in the commands overview, it has some nice filters too :)

DeletedUser

They fixed couple of things with new update but i prefer if they just group attack and support based on city its is going. In that way it will be easy to visualize where your support or attack is landing at right time. If needed i can update idea to show what i mean.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

I tried to make screen shot but it came very similar to what we have there. Only thing i really like to be added is that in command overview, attacks and support are grouped by city where they are going.

In this way when you have 40-50 attacks and support going, it is very easy to visualize for each city.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

This idea will now be voted on. The poll will be open for 2 weeks.

DeletedUser

I see that it is up for vote. I want to clarify again that even though they fixed couple of things, i will still prefer to implement this idea. Strongest point about this idea is to grouping attack and support based on city it is going.

When you have multiple attacks and support going and coming at the same time, current system get very confusing. It arrange it in chronological order but what you are most interested is whether your coordinated attack or support to a city is coordinated or not. By grouping it by city they are going, by looking at it once you will know whether it is all right or not instead of going up and down trying to find which other attack is going to that city amongst your 10 or 15 attack you are sending.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

an excellent idea that would be very helpful if implemented.

DeletedUser

Vote Passed. Idea will be presented to the developers.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.