changing moral levels

DeletedUser

Proposal:
My proposal is not to get rid of moral completely but to slowly slim the morale rates. I have seen this happen in tribal wars and lots of people hate morale so maybe we could start with a few week/months to get the world started with moral on and then after that moral will be removed. This then gives players what they want as the will not have to worry about moral all of the time.

Have you Checked the previously suggested ideas
As far as i am aware none there like this

Reason: I think that this will enhance the game that people are able to play and it will help inno games out as well as they are out to make money. This is because more people are likely to start and stay on this will mean more people will buy gold. As well as this when you are rank one and number 20 has 80 moral on you then that must become a pain and will mean you will have smaller targets.(not sure just an example)
where as really all moral does is hold back players as the ones who are at the top are the ones who are most likely to quit the ones who play the most and also the ones who buy the gold.

Details:
This will work by the moral changing. This could be that the grepo staff choose to have two jumps so you lower it and then no moral or just one jump. As well as this moral rates could change if they are not removed and this could be chosen by either players in a vote or the mods.

Visual Aids:
none

Balance:
this would mean that players who are not playing as actively will fall behind and may be penalized because they may not be able to hold there city's but also players who are playing and putting time in to the game will gain the rewards for it.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
basically i like moral to be on at the start but in the end i hate moral when i get to a big size and high in rankings so i would like for moral to be removed as an when the set date was from the grepo team
any questions and thoughts :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pretty good. I'm sure devs and players could agree on this.

DeletedUser

Morale is not all that bad, it has a positive impact for many players of Grepolis. It should not be completely removed from a server that has it active. If you really find morale to be a problem then you can try to not build your cities to max points. If you keep them at a modest size you have the potential to knock of a large amount of points which will lower your morale on smaller players.

However morale does need to be tweaked possibly by combing ideas like
This one with other ideas.

30% morale is too extreme, perhaps if the lowest you could receive would be around 60% that would be much better.

However there is one serious problem with morale, that is when you are trying to rim a player. The first several conquests go without a problem. Then you start to see the morale drop. Eventually it is at the point where the player could receive two waves of support and last forever because everyone attacking him is receiving 30% morale. Makes rimming players extremely difficult on a morale server.

DeletedUser

I would like to point out that if you have such a massive problem with morale, there are servers where it isn't employed...

DeletedUser

Morale is not all that bad, it has a positive impact for many players of Grepolis. It should not be completely removed from a server that has it active. If you really find morale to be a problem then you can try to not build your cities to max points. If you keep them at a modest size you have the potential to knock of a large amount of points which will lower your morale on smaller players.

However morale does need to be tweaked possibly by combing ideas like
This one with other ideas.

30% morale is too extreme, perhaps if the lowest you could receive would be around 60% that would be much better.

However there is one serious problem with morale, that is when you are trying to rim a player. The first several conquests go without a problem. Then you start to see the morale drop. Eventually it is at the point where the player could receive two waves of support and last forever because everyone attacking him is receiving 30% morale. Makes rimming players extremely difficult on a morale server.
i dont any whee the fun in that

DeletedUser

Heh, I've been promising to post in here for a while :D

I quite like the idea of morale gradually fading from a world, how about if I was to suggest it change to both time and points based? So that initially morale was the same as it is, but over time (come up with some time scales for me) it gradually got less effective when you were attacking players that started the world the same time as you, but if you were to attack a new player in the game you would feel the full force of morale?

This would improve it in my eyes in that it should protect new players, not those that have grown so slowly they are out paced by more then 4 times by their neighbours?

If this sounds good, flesh it out, add in some suggested timescales (I rarely play late world due to time commitments) ;)

DeletedUser17088

Anyone got a formula for Furry's suggestion?

me no like maff

DeletedUser

could be up to the mods and each world is dif to make the game stay different

For such a major change and game aspect such as this the forumla would need to be the same, it would of course also need to adapt to the world speed as well.

However a base forumula would be good.

DeletedUser

the way furry suggests it makes it seem like morale should be a defense, that gradually fades over time with a countdown timer and reset button like beginners protection. this way ur morale "defense" would be gone but for someone new to the world their "defense" would still be there. if this idea is suggesting something like that then i think its an idea that could be implemented.

moved to development

please continue to post ur feedback

DeletedUser

I know this is an old thread, but its not closed off, so I'll give my comments.

I like the idea but perhaps it can be a sliding factor over the first 6 weeks (Speed 1), 3 weeks (Speed 2) and 2 weeks (Speed 3) after that player has joined. So on Speed 1 for the first week if someone attacks me then morale minimum is low (30%), for second week it would be 42%, for third week 54%, for fourth week 66%, for fifth week 78%, for sixth week 90% and after six weeks it reaches 100% (morale is turned off).

This means that a player has six weeks to be competitive in the game before morale is turned off for them as a defender.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the way furry suggests it makes it seem like morale should be a defense, that gradually fades over time with a countdown timer and reset button like beginners protection. this way ur morale "defense" would be gone but for someone new to the world their "defense" would still be there. if this idea is suggesting something like that then i think its an idea that could be implemented.

moved to development

please continue to post ur feedback

My thoughts exactly.

Something more complex to replace the overly-simplistic and easily abusable present system.

I know this is an old thread, but its not closed off, so I'll give my comments.

I like the idea but perhaps it can be a sliding factor over the first 6 weeks (Speed 1), 3 weeks (Speed 2) and 2 weeks (Speed 3) after that player has joined. So on Speed 1 for the first week if someone attacks me then morale minimum is low (30%), for second week it would be 42%, for third week 54%, for fourth week 66%, for fifth week 78%, for sixth week 90% and after six weeks it reaches 100% (morale is turned off).

This means that a player has six weeks to be competitive in the game before morale is turned off for them as a defender.

Time would be an easy factor to introduce, I would agree with these points.