Chat is a fail.

DeletedUser

Yeah. Me and Soveliss are Twins. (Creepy Music in Background).

DeletedUser

I love the chat! It makes it so you can communicate without spamming up your alliance forums!

DeletedUser

I wish you could make individual rooms for chat. Larger alliances are too cluttered if they are trying to use chat, so they still need another client where they can separate out conversations.

Also, I recommended this to Betsy on chat the day chat came out. There needs to be some sort of emote function. Right now, players get annoyed by the yellow message icon popping up and opening chat to only see a new player has joined or left. Half of the time I am on I spend more time maximizing and minimizing chat than playing (I don't want to miss anything you know!). If there were a way to send a special message that would pop up with say a red notification instead of the yellow, it would be easier to play the game and somewhat ignore the chat but still be on it. If a player comes into chat and wants to say "HEY I HAVE A COLONY SHIP IN MY CITY!", he can do it and it with something to catch they eye of all the trolls that are on chat but have it minimized.

I use it a lot, I am on nearly the whole time I play and our ocean uses it exclusively for running operations. For this reason however, other players do not use it because when we are talking about making sure to send an attack in the next 30 seconds, it doesn't pertain a player 60 hours away at all. It annoys them.

DeletedUser1405

I think the ingame chat doesnt have enough facilities to it. There should be a private room where leaders can talk away from prying eyes and it tends to be awkward to use as you have to keep deleting the text as it gets full.
Personally my alliance uses IRC with allsorts of private rooms and its invite only, they are so easy to create and the ingame chat will have to change if they want people to use it more, it needs to be more user friendly.

DeletedUser

A private room would be a great improvement.

I've played Evony, Caesary and Empire Craft, the chat is similar in all 3, it does not interfere with game playing (Except if you expand it to maximum), so it was extremely useful.

The main problem with the Grepolis chat is that it blocks out game functions, so one keeps it minimized and you miss people asking questions or coming in and out, lol.

If the game blocking issues can be resolved, then I think people would use it a lot more

DeletedUser

We use chat but there are problems. My chat window opens and closes as I move between various elements of the game (alliance forum being the biggest culprit).

The chat window is good, and should be expanded upon; for example:
i one click access to a specific user to open a private chat;
ii chat history retention;
iii send chat history to text file
iv direct ordering of fast food from specified vendor
v send specific instructions to Mother to wash, iron , cook etc.

I realise that some of these functions may appear radical but some should be standard.

All in all, a good addition that requires a little work on functionality.

Thanks.

Wing Commander E Rissoles DSO and in the Bar.

DeletedUser

I have played many games and the alliance chat and world chat are a vital part of the game....communication is very important for loyalty and help....I am very disappointed with the ingame chat and it should be fixed !!

DeletedUser18366

Nobody really uses the in-game chat, alternatives like Skype are way more popular.

DeletedUser

Our entire alliance used it in US Upsilon.
I have to say it was really nice since I didn't have to change windows and I got to talk to people who don't have skype.

Besides that though no one ever uses it :(

Skype is just much easier.

DeletedUser

ooVoo is far faster than skype and has better control functions, and fewer glitches, it is just not as well known.

Aicy

Strategos
Well how popular it is is the most important thing.

For example, Google+ may in theory be a far superior social network and if everybody used it everybody would enjoy it much more than Facebook. However, that is irrelevant as everybody doesn't use it - and everybody uses Facebook. The reason Facebook is good is because everybody uses it, not because the actual site and functionality is amazing. The same goes for Skype. There are many programs and websites superior to Skype in their functionality but Skype always beats them in the most important thing, which is that everybody uses it and trying to convert everybody over to another program/site just isn't worth the effort.

DeletedUser13489

I remember once on Zeta when the chat was still new, me and a friend of mine were so happy! Grepolis had a chat system how cool was that! Then we saw that almost nobody used it :/
But i was in many alliances where we used chat a lot for fun, and had a lot of laughs there xD

DeletedUser31639

I think if they opened up the chat box to the entire world, and allowed creation of rooms, this would get used more.