Inactive Topic Choose Your Location

DeletedUser7176

I would love to see one world where instead of everyone starting in the little familiar Grepolis pattern.

they are given the option of choosing their ocean. not just a direction. It would be really different. The Dynamics would be totally changed. Some would start in the center, others would start on the edge. Some of the premades might choose to set up near each other whereas other alliances would attempt to set up strongholds a little ways out. A whole different type of strategy would have to be adopted by alliances that were determined to conquer the world. They may have to colonize across barren oceans in order to find prey. I think it would be a lot longer game but would require a different way of thinking and adapting to new situations in order to win.

i don't see how this could be abused.

I am not sure what whould have to be done to make this possible. It seem that it would use the existing system with just a bit of tweeking.

this idea seems pretty simple and i do not know how to expound on it further.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like it needs format though. Maybe you could do some worlds with it some worlds without it.

DeletedUser18366

Can be abused. Get a load of guys to make a premade alliance and set up all together in ocean 00 shortly before the era of World Wonders.

(oh darn, I wish I didn't point that out I could have used it :( )

DeletedUser47121

Can be abused. Get a load of guys to make a premade alliance and set up all together in ocean 00 shortly before the era of World Wonders.

(oh darn, I wish I didn't point that out I could have used it :( )

hahahaha and the looks on the faces of the guys who have been there since begining....priceless

DeletedUser5819

I think it would be great fun to try, but yes abusable so not for every world.

It would make a change from the usual shuttlecock shaped world.

DeletedUser18366

Needs format, I like it.

No, really. Go and look at the maps of current worlds that we have out. Most of them aren't a third full. Imagine having that same amount of players spread out across the corners of the world. Some alliances would be basically untouchable from others by being at opposite ends of the map, some would be isolated entirely. The end result would most likely be dominant strongholds dotted around the place but the top alliances can't even fight it out, being days away from each other by CS.

DeletedUser44027

It'd be... Interesting. Not good for grepo, but if there was one world that they created like this, I'd play it.

DeletedUser

I think every ~6 months they should release a world like this.
I like it, it'd be very fun.

DeletedUser

No, really. Go and look at the maps of current worlds that we have out. Most of them aren't a third full. Imagine having that same amount of players spread out across the corners of the world. Some alliances would be basically untouchable from others by being at opposite ends of the map, some would be isolated entirely. The end result would most likely be dominant strongholds dotted around the place but the top alliances can't even fight it out, being days away from each other by CS.
that is the point of this idea I think. It would be a totally different way of playing so could only be used occasionally or though if made I would play. You might be able to get round the cheat by saying no WW for these world.

DeletedUser18366

It'd be... Interesting. Not good for grepo, but if there was one world that they created like this, I'd play it.

I think every ~6 months they should release a world like this.
I like it, it'd be very fun.

Okay, I think I'll shift my opinion more towards here...

that is the point of this idea I think. It would be a totally different way of playing so could only be used occasionally or though if made I would play. You might be able to get round the cheat by saying no WW for these world.

The day grep do a world without endgame...

Tell ya what, I think it would be a good idea to do this like the summer speed world 2012. Unit speed around 70 and world speed around 40, lasts 72 hours? These are just random figures but it could work.

DeletedUser

possibly never played a summer world and don't know what one is so i need that explained before i agree with you

DeletedUser18366

possibly never played a summer world and don't know what one is so i need that explained before i agree with you

The 2012 summer speed world was basically just a really really fast world. Unit and world speed was 50 and the world only ran for 48 hours. It cost gold to enter, I think it was 300 or something. The forum is still here, in the closed worlds section. I didn't play it (I was away from grep completely for a year between 2012-13) but I came to hear about it.

DeletedUser

thanks now i understand that and it might work on that all though think it could work on speed 3 as well

DeletedUser

Well. Think of it this way. With the ability to choose locations, it could improve alliances organization and increase alliance fights as well. For example an alliance could start with all its members in one spot and just as easily another alliance could spring up fully manned right next to it leading to a possible war. I mean, when you think about it, most the action in Grepolis worlds spring up from alliances lead by big time players. And those big time players usually have a lot of rivals. So, for example, big time player A forms a fully manned alliance in say O45. Rival big shot player B sees this and forms an alliance right next to his, also fully manned, with the intent of crushing him and his alliance. That being said, this idea could make for some interesting action.

Of course there would be some simmer alliances springing up in isolated areas but there are simmers in every world so either way...

DeletedUser

Of course there would be some simmer alliances springing up in isolated areas but there are simmers in every world so either way...

1. Simming would be hard to get culture points so they might build 1 nice 1300 point city but then who would they get bp off

2. Who cares if they sim in ocean 001 it does not matter

just thought what about new players

DeletedUser

1. Simming would be hard to get culture points so they might build 1 nice 1300 point city but then who would they get bp off

2. Who cares if they sim in ocean 001 it does not matter

just thought what about new players

Agreed. I support the idea.

DeletedUser7176

i also was thinking of the situation of maybe haveing to cross a barren ocean or two just to get to an enemy. A player would have to have cities dotted along the way. Overextend and lose one of the intermediate cities and the other cities would be put in jeopardy. Those intermediate cities would almost simulate supply lines that could be cut.
ha ha i can also see a group of players colonizing towards a group of simmers off in a corner somewhere.
Even after a world like this was going for a year or so, new players could come in and make a difference. A premade could suddenly plop themselves down right where it would be most inconvienient for you.

I would also love to see how MRA's reacted in this world. Would they try to get people in every ocean or would they curb their ambitions to something more realistic.