Closed Christmas Advent Calender - December 3rd. Olympian Christmas Cake

Hydna

Grepolis Team
christmas%20logo(1).png
Welcome to Day 3 of our Advent Calendar. It is time to make a Christmas cake Grepolis Style. The Olympus' kitchens have one they made earlier to demonstrate but you need to think about what ingredients you would like to use to make yours. We list 10 ingredients below. Take a look, select your ingredients and work out your recipe! It is fine to use ingredients not on the list but think about sustainable sources! Not an easy task but I'm sure you grepolis players do lots of cooking while you time attacks!

PRIZES 3 x 500 selected at random from the available entries.

C
Kekse.jpg

Possible Ingredients:
Hydra Eggs
Harpy milk
Zeus's special butter
Cinnamon, Vanilla and Nutmeg from the spice gardens of Aphrodite (3 ingredients)
Flour ground by Hephaestus in his workshop
Cocoa stolen from the mortals of the far east
Cream from the cows on the plains of Marathon
Sugar from the cane that grows around Olympus

Post your recipe below - Good Luck. The answer will vanish but we can see it. This competition runs until 23.59 on 3rd December. There are no wrong answers here. We are just looking for your own recipe and the ingredients you used.

Any questions just post in the thread and we will give answers everyone can see.

Example cake recipe as used for the cake shown above:
3 Hydra eggs
1/2 kilo flour
1/2 kilo sugar
Handful of Cinnamon
1/2 kilo butter

Topping
Cream, Cocoa, Sugar, Vanilla

Recipe
Beat together the eggs, butter, flour and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the cinnamon and stir in well. Pop into a pottery cake mould and bake in moderate oven for 2 hours.

For the topping

Whip the cream adding a little sugar. Mix half with ground cocoa beans and add vanilla to the other half. Chill in a waterproof container in the nearest river. (thinking they don't have a fridge). Pop into a hide piping bag and squeeze to create pretty blobs all over!

smiley-emoticons-xmas4-advent4.gif
smiley-emoticons-santa.gif

Last edited:

Fulgrim

Hoplite
Easy Christmas pound cake

Cake:
1 pound butter( preferably made from harpy milk but Calydonian boar milk works)
1 pound Flour
1 pound beaten Hydra eggs
1 pound sugar

Frosting:
1/2 cup ground cocao beans
1 cup sugar
1 cup cream

Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, then slowly beat in the eggs and lastly warm or melt the butter and beat that in as well until a thick batter forms.
Pour into your preferred baking dish(round, square, or bunt) bake at a medium heat level for 1.5 hours

For the frosting just whip all the ingredients together until a thick and smooth cream forms

once the cake is done let it cool and then add the frosting.

thunder123

Hipparchus
Gingerbread Cookies
ingredients:
300 grams flour
130 grams butter
80 grams sugar
80 grams honey from melousa transformed into a bee by the god apollo
1 yolk
2 grams cinnamon
2 grams ginger stolen by autolycus from the east
1 gram nutmeg
1,5 gram cloves
a pinch of salt gathered by poseidon
topping:
1 egg white
1 powdered sugar ground by hephaestus in his workshop

recipe:
mix flour, butter, honey, sugar, yolk, salt and spice untill you get sandblasted compound. rest 1 hour in the river. roll out the dough. with the cookie cutters ground by hephaestus create the shape of your gingerbread cookies. bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
topping:
whip the egg white and add little by little the sugar. pop into a hide pipping bag and squeeze

(not related to the recipe. this "event" is really funny. we dont have such things in italy. we have monthly contests to get 1000/1500 gold but i dont really care about it, i have never done stupid "random comment will be chosen" contests in italy, im doing this event because you made it funny and different every day, really good job and thank you for giving me (us) some nice time :))

Sorin Markov

Phrourach
"HELLO, men of Sparta! I understand this is not usual fighty-man afternoon activity, but since our women have deserted us for that wretched Otrera and her Amazons, we have no choice if we wish to properly celebrate comrade Onetas's birthday today. But do not worry, comrades, for I have prepared instructions for the best possible cake with the things that I went out and collected very manly-like. All these ingredients you see were collected through dangerous combat and hard work, making this cake just as full of the fighting spirit as Onetas himself! Well, okay, maybe not the best comparison. The last time I saw Onetas in battle it was against his bedcovers. Anyway, perhaps this cake will inspire comrade Onetas to fight once more!"

Ingredients list:
9 drachmae (39 grams) brown sugar
1.5 drachmae (6.5 grams) cinnamon
40 drachmae (172.4 grams) butter
1/2 mina (206.5 grams) sugar
1 Hydra egg (2 chicken eggs)
1/2 mina (206.5 grams) flour
3 obol (2.75 grams) salt
1/2 mina (206.5 grams) milk
1 drachma (4.31 grams) vanilla

"First, comrade, we must get fire to proper heat for cooking! Build big fire so that we may burn our creation! Here, Trophnus, you do it. Get it hot until you can hold your hand in flames no more than 6 seconds.
Second, we must tell story of the brown sugar and the cinnamon. The brown sugar is sugar I took from pot in my house and to make it brown I mixed with cow dung. The cinnamon however I won from Aphrodite herself! This is a most worthy spice to place in our cake! Mix these two things together in this bowl.
Next, we take the butter that I made from milk of Zeus's bull! Shut up, Radamanthos, of course milk comes from bulls too! We must mix butter with our other sugar, also taken from my house (though I had to kill a rat to get to it!), and then stirr in EGG OF HYDRA!
Now in third bowl, we mix the flour (given to me by Hephaestus), and salt. How did I get salt, you may ask? Well, comrades, what is more salty than BLOOD? I will simply add blood.
Now we take milk from Harpy's lair and add to this flour and blood mix. Why didn't I use the milk of the harpies for butter or the milk of Zeus's bull for milk? Well I just wanted a challenge before breakfast, okay?
Mix all our bowls together NO NOT THE BOWLS THEMSELVES! THE THINGS INSIDE THE BOWLS! and put biggest bowl that will not break into the fire. We leave it until sun has reached top of sky."

Result: the men of Sparta left from Onetas's celebration with considerable bowel pain and some bouts of vomiting. Surely this was simply to cleanse them of weaknesses before next week's murderfest.

madguru

Phrourach
Ingredients:
2 Hydra eggs
1/2 kilo Hephaestus's Flour
1/2 kilo Olympus cane sugar
1/4 scant kilo Cocoa
10 ml hartshorn
250 ml Harpy milk
250 ml Chicory root coffee
5 ml Aphrodite's vanilla
125 ml Olive oil

For the icing:
100ml sugar
3ml Arrowroot powder
40ml Cocoa
200 ml Harpy milk
15 ml Zeus's butter
1 separated yolk of a Hydra egg

Additionally a little bit of Zeus's butter and some additional Flour are used to prep the cake mould.

Instructions:
Rub bottom and sides of a pottery cake mould with Zeus's butter. Sprinkle a little Flour on the buttered cake mould to prevent sticking. Heat the oven to moderate heat.
Mix together flour, cocoa and hartshorn in a bowl. Mix together in a large cup milk, coffee and vanilla.
Beat together vigorously sugar, oil and eggs. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients and 1/2 of the liquid ingredients to the beaten egg mixture and beat together. Add the rest of the dry and liquid ingredients to the beaten egg mixture and beat together again.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake mould and bake in the preheated oven about 30 minutes until done.

Mix together and beat well all icing ingredients. Gently heat icing until icing has good spreading consistancy. Spread over cake.

Tons of Tobi

Taxiarch
2 pints ripe, well-rinsed centaur-grown and blessed strawberries
½ cup sugar, or more to taste
4 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
5 teaspoons baking powder
1 ¼ cups Zeus special butter
3 cups whipping cream made from Pegasus milk

Pick over and hull centaur-grown blessed strawberries.
Cut in half or slice, depending on size. Gently crush about a quarter of the berries with a fork to release their juices. Mix with remaining berries and the 1/2 cup of sugar. Set aside, covered, for about half an hour to develop flavor.
Into a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and baking powder. Add 3/4 cup of softened Zeus' special butter, and rub into dry ingredients as for pastry. Add 1 1/4 cups cream, and mix to a soft dough. Knead the dough for one minute on a lightly floured pastry board, then roll it out to about 1/2-inch thickness.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Place a bottom half of a shortcake on each plate. Top with a generous spoonful of berries. Cover with a top half, add a few more blessed berries, and top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.

MasterChief Jr.

Phrourach
A grepo twist to a traditional Vailopita cake (a popular greek cake)
1/2 cup Zues special butter
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups flour
6 hydra eggs
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of the aromatic cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup warm harpy milk
Cocoa to serve * optional

Method:
1. Whisk the butter and sugar together, until pale and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, one by one and then add the grated nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon and warm milk. Once all is mixed thoroughly we add the flour.

2. Whisk the egg whites to a thick meringue. Fold it gently to the mixture, a little at a time, alternately with the flour, with the help of a spatula.

3. Empty the mixture in a heatproof bowl. Add the traditional coin ( gold for a year filled of good luck to whoever finds it). heat on fire for approximately 40 minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes, then, remove the cake from the bowl and place it on a rack to cool.

To serve sprinkle fresh cocoa on top.

Enjoy
Serves 8

DeletedUser53832

haha luvin this one @Hydna now you're cooking on gas (so to speak).

OK then here I go...
First things first... I need a bowl.
Where to find one? Oh I know, I'll go ask Democritus and borrow his cauldron.
Bit big, but at least it's oven proof.
Measuring cup will be needed next.
haha that's an easy one too, just selected goblet from daily reward, so it's empty now... that'll do nicely.

Yep, can't really argue with your ingredients, just gonna need a lot!
Not enough Hydra eggs for starters... I'll feed him some more lightships. yum yum.
Also had a quiet word with Zeus, and persuaded him that as cows contribute to global warming, he should really switch production and make margarine instead.
Fortunately he agreed, as he's a kindly god and favours mankind.
Only 1 ingredient missing for me. Some dried fruits, nuts and berries.
So I asked Hera, Athena and Aphrodite to go gather some... a sort of scavenger hunt!!
Foraging we call it now.
I also received a surprise visit from Artemis and she brought along a little nectar of the gods for me to use too.

So that all looks set, and a mixing we will go!
Break in a couple o dozen Hydra eggs, endless goblets of sugar and flour, add Zeus' (now famous) margarine and beat to a creamy (if stiff) consistency.
Maybe thin with a little milk... ah that's better.
Add the dry ingredients next...
Nuts, dried fruits and berries, cinnamon and nutmeg (not too much tho).

All done and I've asked Hades to do the cooking.
Off he goes with the cauldron to the underworld... 10 minutes at Hellfire mark 3 should do the trick.
Just enough time to create the icing on the cake!

Wait... hold on there Hades... I forgot something.
I know it's not a Christmas pudding but let's give everyone a nice little surprise too.
We need just a few gold coins. Thanks @Hydna, you're a star.

All added and off he goes...
Just a simple topping I think, nothing more needed tbh.
Mix some Marathon cream with a little Nectar of the gods, and whisk to stiff peaks.

10 minutes later, and Hades returns from the Underworld.
Oh my that Cauldron looks 10% bigger, or do my eyes deceive me?
Nvm, all good and more to go round.

Break open the cauldron (sorry Democritus you'll have to buy another one) allow to cool, then spoon over the topping.

Don't forget to invite your friends over!!

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Theres some lovely recipes here - im going to make some visible later so if you do not want this please say so.

DeletedUser54192

Ingredients:
2 Griffin Eggs (500g each)
1kg Hephaestus' flour
1kg Butter from the red cows of Apollo
1kg Olympus sugar
1 small bowl of Aphrodite's vanilla pods

Topping:
Cream
Sugar

Recipe:
Mix the eggs, sugar, flour and butter until the mixture has reached a smooth consistency. Break up the vanilla pods and stir in. Bake in a clay oven until nice and golden. Turn regularly to avoid burning due to uneven heating.

For the topping:
Whisk the cream, adding the sugar carefully. Offer up a sacrifice to Chione (the goddess of snow and ice) in return for chilling the mixture. Spoon the mixture carefully onto the top of the cake.

Alternate Methods:
  • Offer up a sacrifice to Hermes for his blessings in your thieving endeavours, and steal an opponent's cake.
  • Declare war upon a bakery, and accept their surrender only in exchange for a lifetime's supply of cakes. A sacrifice to Ares to ensure your victory over the baker is advisable.

Last edited by a moderator: