Christmas break

DeletedUser1405

Has anything official been decided on this yet, my family takes this break very serious and the time ive seen quoted is a week, what about the new year as well.
Can i suggest a break from the 23/12 till 27/12 then One for new year as well.

I dont want to go into VM during this period but will do as my family and children have first shout on me during this period.

I know its being talked about but we need to know so plans can be made.

DeletedUser909

I'm sure something will be done regarding this. You just have to be a little patient. ;)

DeletedUser10081

yes im gonna be gone visting a few cousins in Alaska during the break and i didnt want to put my account into VM

DeletedUser

lol, as usual I'm going no where :p

It would still be nice to have a week of peace to build and what not.

DeletedUser1405

I dont want to be logging on at all i want to be able to leave my account and enjoy the festive period with my Wife and Children. If no agreemant can be arranged i will have to put it into VM for the period.

DeletedUser

I do not get what is big deal about christmas break. If you do not want to play during that time you can very easily put VM on. Why do they have to close grepolis for that. There are lots of non-christian here also and we do not ask for Grepolis to close on our religious holidays.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

I'm sure peace should be activated during 24-25 December and 1 January.

I think this would be nice. It could also be a tribute to the WW1 troops who had an unofficial peace on Christmas day.

DeletedUser12512

peace? nonsense...go into VM you bunch of sappy tree-huggers.

Why should one holiday be celebrated when all of them aren't? Religion does nto have a place in the international online community.

Merry X-Mas ;-p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

During WW1 each Christmas day peace was declared for the day, I'm pretty sure it will be the same here.

DeletedUser

*Sigh of relief*

I do think however it is minorly unfair that we would take a christmas break and not one for every other religous holiday e.g. Eid but presuming the majority of grepolis celebrate christmas hopefully it wont be too much of a problem.

DeletedUser5

The attack break is not just about the players, but about the moderators as well. Having an attack break gives the moderators, and anyone who works in the offices a few days off. Just because not everyone celebrates Christmas, I can tell you that most of the moderating team do, and the people working at Innogames do. Versions of Grepolis that don't celebrate Christmas wouldn't have an attack break during this period, as it's not necessary. Christmas should be spent with families, and this is why there is generally a break.

DeletedUser

Nowadays, Christmas is more of a Western Culture holiday which several religions/non-religions celebrate. Even though this is an international server, people from western culture are the primary target market for grepolis and will most likely be celebrating Christmas or the holidays in general. Hope this makes sense.

DeletedUser4013

I hope that we all realize that this thread isn't really for the discussion of the merits or why Christmas is celebrated and who the market is. This thread was created with the question of whether a Peace would be implemented during the holidays while everyone is with family. Now one of the issues that would come up with trying to do this is the fact that the servers are located in Germany. So while for most of Europe, this poses no problem, those players located in North America and Australasia may or may not benefit from the Peace. As such, there has been no information released about a Peace.